• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
this guy is a clown, no way his happens

Former NHLer and current radio host Georges Laraque suggested that the Canadiens give up some of their key prospects to land Patrick Kane.
Laraque believes the Canadiens could offer up Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Cole Caufield and a 2021 first round pick for Kane who the Blackhawks would actually retain salary on.

actuallynotPJStock

Feb 28, 2014

Former NHLer and current radio host Georges Laraque suggested that the Canadiens give up some of their key prospects to land Patrick Kane.
Laraque believes the Canadiens could offer up Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Cole Caufield and a 2021 first round pick for Kane who the Blackhawks would actually retain salary on.
Sounds like Georges took one too many blows to the head, no way we even consider that

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I like Laraque. He is an entertaining guy. But good God, what kind of proposal is that? Unless his goal is to solely helpo Chicago.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Even if they retained half, we’d still be severely over the cap. Also, lolz

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Georges PLEASE shut up, dont give MB any idea like this

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Habs need to bend BriseBois over and have a hay day.....here’s a situation that we can totally exploit.

I’d easily take Killhorn with Cernak for a Mete, Brook and Lehkonen package.

Maybe not exactly this proposal but something along these lines

Reactions: Runner77

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Habs need to bend BriseBois over and have a hay day.....here’s a situation that we can totally exploit.

here's Habs cap situation according to CF :
LIMITE SUPÉRIEURE
q.svg
81 500 000 $
MASSE SALARIALE PROJETÉE
q.svg
81 116 309 $
ESPACE PROJETÉ SOUS LE PLAFOND
q.svg
383 691 $

that's a brilliant plan you have there! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I’d take those two in a heart beat beat they’d cost us way too much. We’d have to trade more than Byron, Weal and Kulak to make that kind of space. I’d be amazing if we could but highly doubtful. Cernak in particular is a stud. Likes his game since he was a King. He’d be perfect next to Romanov on the bottom pair but Tampa will want to keep him.

Reactions: jaffy27

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Granlund, Haula and Hoffman still unsigned...

The longer this goes, the more it seems like a situation tailored for Bergevin. Wouldn't be the first time he's waited out the competition and swooped in for an unexpected deal. If the Habs are circling around one of these players, the holdup is probably on finalizing a trade to free up space. Seems ridiculous to imagine our GM adding another quality UFA, but if 2020 has taken us this far off the map, may as well go full-Twilight Zone.

Reactions: Rozz and jaffy27

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Granlund, Haula and Hoffman still unsigned...

The longer this goes, the more it seems like a situation tailored for Bergevin. Wouldn't be the first time he's waited out the competition and swooped in for an unexpected deal. If the Habs are circling around one of these players, the holdup is probably on finalizing a trade to free up space. Seems ridiculous to imagine our GM adding another quality UFA, but if 2020 has taken us this far off the map, may as well go full-Twilight Zone.

Hoffman is aaking for too much and not many teams can afford him. I see Ottawa as a potential destination but don't think they want him back. Haula will be a nice addition for the Habs but BargainBin needs to shed salary. I don't think other teams have the luxury to take on players like Weal, Byron or Kulak. Unless MB is working on trading his potential UFAs or underachievers (Tatar, Drouin, Armia, Danault) to bring in a better top 6 winger or top 4 LHD, I don't foresee any other majour signings for the Habs. Lots of teams don't necessarily want to gamble on rentals either because of all this uncertainty. I also don't think he wants to sacrifice the farm.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Hoffman is aaking for too much and not many teams can afford him. I see Ottawa as a potential destination but don't think they want him back. Haula will be a nice addition for the Habs but BargainBin needs to shed salary. I don't think other teams have the luxury to take on players like Weal, Byron or Kulak. Unless MB is working on trading his potential UFAs or underachievers (Tatar, Drouin, Armia, Danault) to bring in a better top 6 winger or top 4 LHD, I don't foresee any other majour signings for the Habs. Lots of teams don't necessarily want to gamble on rentals either because of all this uncertainty. I also don't think he wants to sacrifice the farm.

Actually, I think that gambling on rentals might be much more alluring than you think. Teams that believe they might become contenders with a missing piece might be more willing to roll the dice for one year in this context, either extending the player if the gamble pays off or being able to move on from that player more easily next offseason if it doesn't pay off.

Tatar, Danault and, especially, Armia (at 2.6M) might be attractive options that are low risk long term for some teams. If Moving Tatar (4.8M) and Armia (2.6M), for a total cap saving of 7.4M, resulted in a scorer like Hoffman at 6.5M and a 13th forward or 8th D at 700K to replace the second player, for example, and an extra 200K Cap room for the IR, how bad would that be? A career .73 PPG player and a player that scores an average 28 goals per 82 games played is a relatively stable and proficient offensive producer to tack on to any lineup.

Hoffman - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli
Byron/Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen/Byron - Evans - Armia

-OR-

Hoffman - Suzuki - Toffoli
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Byron/Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen/Byron - Evans - Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad