• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if they are going to trade Tatar before the season starts....either for a high end future package or a defensive option.

Makes no sense to make the offense worse but depending on the return...could be worth it to move him when his value is high.

Not sure we trade Tatar for a defensive option. And we don't really need to do anything but unload pieces like Weal, Kulak, and Byron to free up cap. If we do nothing, it fits for this next season. What happens next year? Hard to say and a lot rides on what we do this next season.

I can see Tatar being piece we use to get a guy like Gaudreau though. Wild moves but would you do Danault, Tatar, and Guhle for Gaudreau? Then sign M Koivu for one year to add to the center depth? Not sure I like it but dam... I like the idea of adding Gaudreau.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Who's entering the zone with puck possession though? Maybe we improve on the PP but how much? I have my doubts. We need our centers to be puck possession guys and not sure Suzuki and KK can do that yet. Suzuki has the vision, IQ, and edge work but not sure his skating can create separation. We will see about that... Suzuki is on a steep curve up hill. I think KK will take some time

I'm still perplexed by the discrepancy between home and the road PP%,when you can figure that out.....time to review the tapes!

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm still perplexed by the discrepancy between home and the road PP%,when you can figure that out.....time to review the tapes!

Good point there. Maybe it's because they are playing more loose on the road and keeping things more simple? Just a wild guess.

Adding Anderson and Toffoli does help though. More physical strength with puck battles and also better shot power. We had way too many pass happy forwards. Both of these two are more like Gallagher who like to shoot the puck!

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I wonder if they are going to trade Tatar before the season starts....either for a high end future package or a defensive option.

Makes no sense to make the offense worse but depending on the return...could be worth it to move him when his value is high.

They should wait at the TDL. If thing are not going like they should and we are not in playoff then trade him if we are in playoff then keep him.

Reactions: Roadhouse

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Good point there. Maybe it's because they are playing more loose on the road and keeping things more simple? Just a wild guess.

Adding Anderson and Toffoli does help though. More physical strength with puck battles and also better shot power. We had way too many pass happy forwards. Both of these two are more like Gallagher who like to shoot the puck!

Guessing is as good as it's gonna get.

In the PO's bubble, Habs were similar,not really playing at home,but sucked when it was a home game yet were much better when labeled road team,you can't make this stuff up. The only thing I can come up with is they try to match lines too often,but even at that,just grasping at straws .

Reactions: Runner77

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Interesting points and I think that Drouin-KK-Anderson line would be sick.

Do you think Lehk could fit in with Danault and Gally? I think that would still be a balanced line and would allow for Toffoli to play on the right side.

Drouin-KK-Anderson
Tatar-Suzuki-Toffoli
Lehk-Danault-Gally
Poehling-Evans-Byron

Unless something changes with the forward group, I believe the player that would benefit the most playing with Anderson would be JD,maybe he won't play like such a chicken shit. Would try to balance out all 4 lines and have a blend and mix.

Drouin Weal Anderson

Tatar PD Armia

AL KK BG

PB NS Toffoli

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting points and I think that Drouin-KK-Anderson line would be sick.

Do you think Lehk could fit in with Danault and Gally? I think that would still be a balanced line and would allow for Toffoli to play on the right side.

Drouin-KK-Anderson
Tatar-Suzuki-Toffoli
Lehk-Danault-Gally
Poehling-Evans-Byron

Where did you trade Armia to? I think we can try many different lines this year and we will.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Right now I project this on D... I'm sure things will change but this is how I see our D pairings

Chiarot / Weber
Edmundson / Petry
Kulak / Romanov

Mete
* Juulsen plays AHL to work on his game and I'm sure he clears waivers
* Fleury and Brook should also both be playing AHL

If Kulak is traded, Not so sure Mete is a good fit for Romanov? Wondering what the Habs management thinks about that and how they project things.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Right now I project this on D... I'm sure things will change but this is how I see our D pairings

Chiarot / Weber
Edmundson / Petry
Kulak / Romanov

Mete
* Juulsen plays AHL to work on his game and I'm sure he clears waivers
* Fleury and Brook should also both be playing AHL

If Kulak is traded, Not so sure Mete is a good fit for Romanov? Wondering what the Habs management thinks about that and how they project things.

Fleury is the closest to seeing NHL ice out of Juulsen, Brook and himself as natural RDs.

However, I don't see the benefit of playing Romanov with another rookie in his rookie season. I also don't see the advantage of playing Mete with Petry or Weber (to get the most out of either veteran) so, I doubt Montreal actually trades Kulak.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see...

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Romanov - Edmundson

...at some point.

Kulak is not paid too handsomely to be kept as an insurance policy in case of injuries.

I'd look to move a veteran winger like Byron (which could take time and injuries to other teams to happen) or play with a reduced active roster size early on in order to squeeze in under the Cap.

Longer term injuries, on your team or other teams, will inevitably become a factor to either help trade a larger contract that automatically gets you under the Cap ceiling with a full active roster or, to fit in under the cap ceiling by using the LTIR.

I prefer Kulak over Mete any day of the week and he has shown legitimate chemistry with Petry in the past, even the recent past.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fleury is the closest to seeing NHL ice out of Juulsen, Brook and himself as natural RDs.

However, I don't see the benefit of playing Romanov with another rookie in his rookie season. I also don't see the advantage of playing Mete with Petry or Weber (to get the most out of either veteran) so, I doubt Montreal actually trades Kulak.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see...

Chiarot - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Romanov - Edmundson

...at some point.

Kulak is not paid too handsomely to be kept as an insurance policy in case of injuries.

I'd look to move a veteran winger like Byron (which could take time and injuries to other teams to happen) or play with a reduced active roster size early on in order to squeeze in under the Cap.

Longer term injuries, on your team or other teams, will inevitably become a factor to either help trade a larger contract that automatically gets you under the Cap ceiling with a full active roster or, to fit in under the cap ceiling by using the LTIR.

I prefer Kulak over Mete any day of the week and he has shown legitimate chemistry with Petry in the past, even the recent past.

1) I think Juulsen and Fleury are neck and neck. If Juulsen is healthy, he is the better defensive style option IMO. I believe Juulsen has to clear waivers but not Fleury? Also look at the RD depth in Laval... possible both Juulsen and Fleury are in Laval next year. Mete as our 7th guy on D. Looks like we might have to run with a 22 man roster.

2) Kulak > Mete. I agree on that. I don't hate Mete but he needs to do more offensively as a undersized D man that can be taken advantage of in front of the net and along the walls in puck battles. Kulak has his moments and when he is on... he's a force and don't get credit for it. Problem is consistency and Bergevin touched on that.

3) Byron is the logical guy to move to clear cap. In terms of next years cap... might have to be more than Byron.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Not sure we trade Tatar for a defensive option. And we don't really need to do anything but unload pieces like Weal, Kulak, and Byron to free up cap. If we do nothing, it fits for this next season. What happens next year? Hard to say and a lot rides on what we do this next season.

I can see Tatar being piece we use to get a guy like Gaudreau though. Wild moves but would you do Danault, Tatar, and Guhle for Gaudreau? Then sign M Koivu for one year to add to the center depth? Not sure I like it but dam... I like the idea of adding Gaudreau.
absolutely not

Reactions: Jpageman

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Our forward corps is good enough defensively that this shouldnt be a concern imo

We need offense any way we can get it
If you can trade Byron and Kulak to sign Hoffman for 1 year, I think it’s an absolute no brainer. Problem is, who’s going to take that salary and n the current state of the league?

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
the move to make for Tatar is high picks or a good young forward...keep this wheel of young players coming in turning

That's a necessity given our cap crunch...

Problem is that we are thin at LW, and MB thinks this is a playoff ready roster, so seems unlikely we'd do the smart thing and move Tatar in a deal like that in-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad