• Nick Suzuki

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It sure does but, that's because you have Druin on a 4th line and because your lines, even without Drouin, aren't ideally made up from the assets you have at hand.

Without Drouin:

Gaudreau - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Lehkonen - Evans/Poehling - Ylonen/Evans

With Drouin:

Gaudreau - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Toffoli
Lehkonen - Evans/Poehling - Armia

IMO, your third line with Suzuki as a pivot -- in either scenario -- is more of an offensive exploitation line to prey on the opponents' weaker lines and let the Danault line -- that demonstrated one of the league's best net production at even strength -- handle opponents' best scorers.

KK's line gets the nod as the #1 offensive line because Gaudreau adds legitimate 1st line scoring to two-way skill and size in Kotkaniemi and Anderson.

IMO, KK can feed Gaudreau in the O-zone or send Anderson off to score on the rush. Both options are palatable.

"Hate Drouin, it seems you must..."

-- Yoda --
Nice, having your best center on the third line with the worst wingers.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
If the Penguins suck by the deadline this coming year, I wonder if they'd consider moving Geno.

Malkin - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Malkin on the wing? Oooooooookay.
Please... whatever you do, don’t post this on the main board lmao.

It was just a thought lol. Don’t worry, I know how people are on the mainboards.

It honestly could’ve been anyone. I think moving forward our top 6 will be really set if we had add one more big star player. I see Suzuki/Kotka/Caufield/Anderson/Gally as top 6 locks for the next little while.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
It makes no sense to keep a worse player like Drouin thats going to be paid the salary Tatar will want ? There is literally no logic behind this.

Drouin is the worst player on this team and you want to trade the best offensive winger the team has to keep him ? Wtf.

Drouin also has 20 pp points in the last two years while Tatar has 23.

There is no logical reasons to keep Drouin on this team, let alone letting Tatar go for him.

Without Tatar our left side immediatly becomes the worst in the league, literally. Lekhonen would become our best LW ? Wtf.
i stop to read at the bolded part ...i can't believe i've just read this insanity from a fan with up to 66 000 messages in a hockey forum . You would think that after spending all that time in a forum, someone would have learned a thing or two , but not here it seems .:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:loony:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Nice, having your best center on the third line with the worst wingers.

I don't see it that way but, then again, I also don't see a lineup in the prehistoric 2 offensive lines, one checking line and an energy line breakdown.

IMO, both the KK and the Suzuki lines can score goals and play offensive minutes, being matched up properly to produce. Meanwhile, Danault and his buddies -- who already have chemistry -- get the dirty work of containing the opponents' best players while still producing at even strength with a positive net differential.

That's a better playoff lineup than I've seen on this team for years upon years.

Beyond that, the kids will only get better and we'll see if Caufield brings a new dimension as a sniper in the next little while.

Montreal, if it wants to somehow win with the core of this lineup (still needs to add, from within and from outside, likely), has a 3-4 year widow, max.

They might actually be competitive in the third, if not the fourth, year. How it goes beyond that will depend highly on Primeau's progression and if any Ds already in the system can eventually replace both Weber and Petry without losing too much skill and offensive production in the process.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't see it that way but, then again, I also don't see a lineup in the prehistoric 2 offensive lines, one checking line and an energy line breakdown.

IMO, both the KK and the Suzuki lines can score goals and play offensive minutes, being matched up properly to produce. Meanwhile, Danault and his buddies -- who already have chemistry -- get the dirty work of containing the opponents' best players while still producing at even strength with a positive net differential.

That's a better playoff lineup than I've seen on this team for years upon years.

Beyond that, the kids will only get better and we'll see if Caufield brings a new dimension as a sniper in the next little while.

Montreal, if it wants to somehow win with the core of this lineup (still needs to add, from within and from outside, likely), has a 3-4 year widow, max.

They might actually be competitive in the third, if not the fourth, year. How it goes beyond that will depend highly on Primeau's progression and if any Ds already in the system can eventually replace both Weber and Petry without losing too much skill and offensive production in the process.

Danault can do this with defensive wingers, and Suzuki can do this with better wingers.

This "new" way of setting up a depth chart really isnt new though, its the same. You still have a first, second, third and fourth line. You still have a line that you want to use in all situations over the others, let that be our best line since Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev, enough with the spreading the offense bullshit, it has never worked and never will.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Danault can do this with defensive wingers, and Suzuki can do this with better wingers.

This "new" way of setting up a depth chart really isnt new though, its the same. You still have a first, second, third and fourth line. You still have a line that you want to use in all situations over the others, let that be our best line since Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev, enough with the spreading the offense bullshit, it has never worked and never will.
Sorry to disappoint you but the best line this team has as we speak is still the Danault line.

And it's one of the most effective lines in the entire league can you comprehend that information?

No spinoramas and wow stuff, just german style effective.

Reactions: JAPPO

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Sorry to disappoint you but the best line this team has as we speak is still the Danault line.

And it's one of the most effective lines in the entire league can you comprehend that information?

No spinoramas and wow stuff, just german style effective.
The best line because no other centers have been tried with the best wingers...

Plug in Evans between these two and it would most likely be the Habs best line too, doesn't mean it should be.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The best line because no other centers have been tried with the best wingers...

Plug in Evans between these two and it would most likely be the Habs best line too, doesn't mean it should be.
Dude the numbers are there stop spewing BS!

Suzuki and KK while facing lesser opposition didn't get close to Danault numbers in terms of effectiveness on the ice!

To think that giving someone a harder task will boost his numbers is just ridiculous!

Just stop, please, your idea of how a team is built is just wrong.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dude the numbers are there stop spewing BS!

Suzuki and KK while facing lesser opposition didn't get close to Danault numbers in terms of effectiveness on the ice!

To think that giving someone a harder task will boost his numbers is just ridiculous!

Just stop, please, your idea of how a team is built is just wrong.

Obviously Danault has better numbers, he plays with Gallagher, who boosts everyones number. Im not saying Danault did bad, Im saying we can have better than what Danault gave us, wouldn't it be great if we had a 1C?

Wouldn't it be great.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Obviously Danault has better numbers, he plays with Gallagher, who boosts everyones number. Im not saying Danault did bad, Im saying we can have better than what Danault gave us, wouldn't it be great if we had a 1C?

Wouldn't it be great.
How come Tatar and Gally are getting career highs while playing with that plug Danault at center?

You just clearly don't understand what's really going on the ice and are basing your opinion on points or superficial stuff.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
How come Tatar and Gally are getting career highs while playing with that plug Danault at center?

You just clearly don't understand what's really going on the ice and are basing your opinion on points or superficial stuff.
Maybe Danault is the best center they got in their prime years ?

What if I told you they could do better ? What if they could be 60+ points forward ?

Why settle because youre confortable in your little mediocrity ?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Maybe Danault is the best center they got in their prime years ?

What if I told you they could do better ? What if they could be 60+ points forward ?

Why settle because youre confortable in your little mediocrity ?

The problem is that it's not mediocrity.

That line outplays other top lines do you understand?

You don't need to score 50 and put up 100 points to be effective.

Oilers is the best example, they have the two best point-getters in the whole league but their team is going nowhere.

You need to outplay what you get in the face and Danault is doing it!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The problem is that it's not mediocrity.

That line outplays other top lines do you understand?

You don't need to score 50 and put up 100 points to be effective.

Oilers is the best example, they have the two best point-getters in the whole league but their team is going nowhere.

You need to outplay what you get in the face and Danault is doing it!
Youre right, its not even mediocrity, the Habs don't even reach that level with Dunno centering the best forwards on this team.

Swap Danault and McDavid, what do you think happens to the Habs ?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Youre right, its not even mediocrity, the Habs don't even reach that level with Dunno centering the best forwards on this team.

Swap Danault and McDavid, what do you think happens to the Habs ?

Again, Danault is not the problem, his line was doing the job and some more, it was the rest that needed an upgrade.

For your question, score more allow more, are we really advancing?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Again, Danault is not the problem, his line was doing the job and some more, it was the rest that needed an upgrade.

For your question, score more allow more, are we really advancing?

Score a shit ton more, not allow much more than right now because he'd still have the two best play drivers on the team with him.

It's insane how people can't see how good Gallagher, and to a lesser extent, Tatar, are at tilting the ice.

Danault is the problem because he's the third wheel by far, on that line, imagine how good that line would be if Tatar would be the third wheel ? Literaly top line in the league, and it wouldn't even need data manipulation to get there.

Whats the point of trying to get better anyway ? No really, it's dumb to say things like "Danault is fine". He's producing 40 es points a year as a 19 minutes a game center with the two best offensive players on the team, while also getting the best offensive D on the team paired up with him... The. Habs. Can. Do. Better.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Score a shit ton more, not allow much more than right now because he'd still have the two best play drivers on the team with him.

It's insane how people can't see how good Gallagher, and to a lesser extent, Tatar, are at tilting the ice.

Danault is the problem because he's the third wheel by far, on that line, imagine how good that line would be if Tatar would be the third wheel ? Literaly top line in the league, and it wouldn't even need data manipulation to get there.

Whats the point of trying to get better anyway ? No really, it's dumb to say things like "Danault is fine". He's producing 40 es points a year as a 19 minutes a game center with the two best offensive players on the team, while also getting the best offensive D on the team paired up with him... The. Habs. Can. Do. Better.

They put Suzuki between those two and did we get amazing results?

It was Byron and Lehkonen that exploded when they got the plug Danault...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They put Suzuki between those two and did we get amazing results?

It was Byron and Lehkonen that exploded when they got the plug Danault...
They had like three games together and they did much better than WITH Danault. (Gally was injured,btw.)

And yeah, Danault didn't miss a step when he was with players that have a homogenous playstyle, who would've thought !

Reactions: DAChampion

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

Maybe it’s because Danault doing the things he does well allows Gally and Tatar to do the things they do well at. Maybe that’s why Gally and Tatar like playing with him. Maybe.

Reactions: JAPPO

HespelerGreenFlash

Dec 20, 2007
i stop to read at the bolded part ...i can't believe i've just read this insanity from a fan with up to 66 000 messages in a hockey forum . You would think that after spending all that time in a forum, someone would have learned a thing or two , but not here it seems .:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:loony:
Shocking isnt it.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They had like three games together and they did much better than WITH Danault. (Gally was injured,btw.)
Dude they did not do much better come on. They were still complete dogshit and were worse if anything. Suzuki took off once he played with Drouin and Armia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadhouse

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dude they did not do much better come on. They were still complete dogshit and were worse if anything. Suzuki took off once he played with Drouin and Armia.
I think they did better yeah, but were still ineffective for sure.

The silver lining was Danault not missing a step from what he brought while playing with players that have a more homogeneous playing style to his, which is what Ive been clamoring for since like 2016.

Feels great to be right over and over.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think they did better yeah, but were still ineffective for sure.

The silver lining was Danault not missing a step from what he brought while playing with players that have a more homogeneous playing style to his, which is what Ive been clamoring for since like 2016.

Feels great to be right over and over.
On the other hand, Danault didn't hold back Tatar and Gallagher in the playoffs. That was all on them. I'm not forgiving Gally even if he was injured. He could have no legs and should still know better than to shoot it from the blueline instead of making a pass or trying to shoot the puck from behind the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad