Heirendaar
Hoffman not signed, hmmmmm

MB you looking?

You know what he's looking at

upload_2020-11-16_13-41-33.jpeg

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
2 of Kulak, Byron, Armia and Lehkonen. Or Tatar/Drouin.
would be hard to move Byron's 3.4mill contract,Kulak should be easy i think he has 1.8mill for 2 more years,guess it would come down to how much Hoffman would want for a 1 year contract but right now the Habs have a descent well balanced roster so could help with hes descision

but personally like few others i think MB will only look to beef up hes 4th line and not really interested in Hoffman

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
would be hard to move Byron's 3.4mill contract,Kulak should be easy i think he has 1.8mill for 2 more years,guess it would come down to how much Hoffman would want for a 1 year contract but right now the Habs have a descent well balanced roster so could help with hes descision

but personally like few others i think MB will only look to beef up hes 4th line and not really interested in Hoffman
Agree completely. Also, next off season will be even worse/better than this years so having the cap available will be huge especially if/when we don't sign Tatar.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Lets say we trade Weal and sign Kovalchuk. Who is the odd man out in the 13 forwards? :sarcasm:

Who's going to want to sign with the Habs when they know they might be the 13th forward?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Top pairing LD remains a need (& less so LW), one we'd really amplify our next 2-year window if we could figure out...

Still bullish on the fit to swap with Calgary to hit both teams needs... Something like:

To Calgary
Tatar, Byron, Mete, Poehling, 2nd

To Mtl
Hanifin, Bennett, Dube

Cap hits are close (minus Poehling, who likely goes to Stockton)

Habs get top 4 LD with mobility & puck skills that fills need & compliments Weber well. Top 9 LW with untapped offensive upside and high floor (as is, very reliable/cost favorable 3rd liner, has tools to be a top 6 asset). High upside/low cost bottom 6 W.

Flames get productive winger with expiring deal (& cap flex next summer with hanifin off the books), solid yet pricey bottom 6 winger, solid upside/cheap/RFA-to-be LD depth... And a quality prospect & pick to offset imbalance in NHL-proven talent.

Both teams address needs & rebalance cap in useful ways...

Our 2020-21 roster:

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Lekhonen - Danault - Gally
Bennett - JKO - Toffoli
Dube - Evans - Armia

Hanifin - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Edmundson - Kulak
Romanov

Price
Allen
2021-22
Kracken pick + Allen 1.5M savings + Let Armia/Weal walk & move Kulak = $$ free to re-sign Danault & RFAs (Bennett, Dube, Lekhonen) + fill 4th line gap

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Bennett - JKO - Toffoli
Lekhonen - Danault - Gally
Dube - Evans - ?

Hanifin - Weber
Romanov - Petry
*Chia/Edmu - Fleury/Juulsen

Price
*Allen

*likely to see one of Chiarot/Edmundson/Allen taken by Kracken... Can fill that loss with depth Ufa.

Both rosters have depth & balance to possibly make a run/win multiple PO rounds IF Price is at Vezina form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad