RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Deadline Trades
Johnson
Blackwell
Beauvillier
Tinordi

- Its hard to see Johnson getting much interest at this point given how little he shows on ice
- Blackwell maybe a 7th rounder, anything higher would be coup
- Maybe team like Beau if he comes back and gets on hot streak

No GM is stupid enough to trade for Tinordi

If not for our idiot GM and coach he would be out of NHL

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
TJ is on a 20 + pace over 80 games. can play wing or Center has played allot of playoff games. Yes he is not going to get a huge return but at 1/2 retained maybe a 3rd and you send back a 5th/6th or something.

tinordi is making less than the AHL bury amount and he was not bad last year. seems to have regressed a bit. Tinordi has no value, but it was not a big deal of a signing 1 year 1 mil. don't think Idiot move bringing him back, he should just play alot less.

carpenter got a 5th I could see blackwell the same.

I struggle with some of the KD hate. I have not liked every move off course but in general they all seem to part of the bigger picture. what major move would you have done differently. Hagel CAT Dach, Hall, Kane, Keep msarek, Foligno dickinson instead of trade them. (if he could have gotten 2nds I would have traded them) take Dickinson, Zaitsev and Bailey for 2nds. I probably would have not resigned AA for 2 years but he did play well down the stretch. I would have done 1 year.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Saw in the trade thread on the main boards of a Leaf's fan looking to trade Robertson and a third for a top four RD. Probably wouldnt happen but I would do Murphy at 50% retained any day of the week for that.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Saw in the trade thread on the main boards of a Leaf's fan looking to trade Robertson and a third for a top four RD. Probably wouldnt happen but I would do Murphy at 50% retained any day of the week for that.
Isn’t Murphy on IR?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I don’t believe it just yet, but if it’s true that Brady Tkachuk is unhappy in Ottawa, that’s the guy you do whatever it takes to get. He’s a unicorn in the NHL and a big skilled forward is something the Hawks severely lack in the prospect pool.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I’m out of the loop Who are the big contracts with 2 years left that teams need to shed this deadline?

Also I shudder to think what a tkachuk trade would take. Nazar+Korchinski+ Moore+ Tampa 1st+ Toronto first

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don’t believe it just yet, but if it’s true that Brady Tkachuk is unhappy in Ottawa, that’s the guy you do whatever it takes to get. He’s a unicorn in the NHL and a big skilled forward is something the Hawks severely lack in the prospect pool.

Depends on the ask. I imagine they're going to want a ton based on name brand despite the fact he’s only reached PPG once, isn't good defensively and takes the dumbest f***ing penalties damn near every game.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
We ain’t there yet
Perhaps. But let’s say we win Celebrini this year. 2025 1st is on the table because it can’t win the lottery.

So let’s say that 1st + Nazar as a base, plus the fact we can take the full salary without sending any back. Having Bedard, Celebrini and Tkachuk would get us a hell of a lot closer to where we’re trying to go.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Perhaps. But let’s say we win Celebrini this year. 2025 1st is on the table because it can’t win the lottery.

So let’s say that 1st + Nazar as a base, plus the fact we can take the full salary without sending any back. Having Bedard, Celebrini and Tkachuk would get us a hell of a lot closer to where we’re trying to go.
We can still win the lotto next year

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I’m out of the loop Who are the big contracts with 2 years left that teams need to shed this deadline?

Also I shudder to think what a tkachuk trade would take. Nazar+Korchinski+ Moore+ Tampa 1st+ Toronto first

Take out Nazar or Korchinski and I would do it. I would kill to have Tkachuk on this team. The perfect linemate for Bedard.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If we are the worst team at the end of the year and we win the first pick it will not count against us.

Perhaps I’m confused and I apologize if I am. But I was under the impression that even if we were dead last, if we still get first overall through the lottery, that it counts against us.

The only way it wouldn’t is if we finished dead last and two teams in the 11-16 range won the lottery, meaning the team finishing last still picks first.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

Perhaps I’m confused and I apologize if I am. But I was under the impression that even if we were dead last, if we still get first overall through the lottery, that it counts against us.

The only way it wouldn’t is if we finished dead last and two teams in the 11-16 range won the lottery, meaning the team finishing last still picks first.
The rule is that you cannot improve on your position more than twice in a five year period. If you finish last, you have the first pick prior to the lotto. If you come out of the lotto with the first overall still, you did not improve your position.

Isn’t Murphy on IR?
He is right now. Doesn't mean he will be at the deadline.

Doesn't matter though. I don't think Murphy gets you Robertson.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Take out Nazar or Korchinski and I would do it. I would kill to have Tkachuk on this team. The perfect linemate for Bedard.
Word is that the Sens are looking for a right handed defenseman. I would see how close Jones gets you. Retaining isn't ideal but say retaining $2 million. A $7.5 million a year Seth Jones is a damn good deal, even if he gets crapped on here.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Kings lost Another F in Kempe and already have a few out. I wonder if TJ or Beauliver at 50% or blackwell or taylor might interest them. could make sense to they have 4 more games between now and the 7th. would make sense to make a move quickly and not wait for the top tier guys. IE they have not played well so getting someone in the lineup sooner then later might help. TJ or beauliver for a 3rd with 6th going back

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think Sens tried on Jones before and it was a no. Im pretty sure we cannot get the number 1 pick again for 5 years if we get the number 1 this year. The whole system is a lottery so even if we have the best odds we still "win" the lottery.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
TJ is on a 20 + pace over 80 games. can play wing or Center has played allot of playoff games. Yes he is not going to get a huge return but at 1/2 retained maybe a 3rd and you send back a 5th/6th or something.

tinordi is making less than the AHL bury amount and he was not bad last year. seems to have regressed a bit. Tinordi has no value, but it was not a big deal of a signing 1 year 1 mil. don't think Idiot move bringing him back, he should just play alot less.

carpenter got a 5th I could see blackwell the same.

I struggle with some of the KD hate. I have not liked every move off course but in general they all seem to part of the bigger picture. what major move would you have done differently. Hagel CAT Dach, Hall, Kane, Keep msarek, Foligno dickinson instead of trade them. (if he could have gotten 2nds I would have traded them) take Dickinson, Zaitsev and Bailey for 2nds. I probably would have not resigned AA for 2 years but he did play well down the stretch. I would have done 1 year.
AA was the worst move he has made so far.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
I think Sens tried on Jones before and it was a no. Im pretty sure we cannot get the number 1 pick again for 5 years if we get the number 1 this year. The whole system is a lottery so even if we have the best odds we still "win" the lottery.
You can be pretty sure all you want but you are wrong.

Here is the wording from the NHL:

"No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period. This limitation will not affect a club’s ability to retain its presumptive draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the club moving down in draft order to the extent other clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick."

Like I said, it is about improvement or advancement in draft order. If you finsh last and have the first pick, you do not win the draft if you end up with the first overall pick. It just means that no one else improve to first overall.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017

This isn't true. You're only allowed to "improve your standing" more than 2x in a given 5 year span. That means last year counts as one use of that. If we finish dead last and win the lottery, it does not count as a win. If we finish 2nd to last and pick 2nd, it doesn't count either.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :sens
C Colton Dach
D Taige Harding
Hawks 2025 1st (No protections)
Hawks 2026 1st (No protections)

To :hawks
LW Brady Tkachuk

Hawks have Leafs 2025 1st and three 2nd rounders in 2026 so gambling those 1st's isn't terrible gamble. Dach is quality prospect but appears made of glass while Harding is buried behind slew of D prospects in our system

We will walk away with Celebrini or one of the other bigs at this draft (+ whatever we get with TB pick) so ours system will be even more stocked with young talent

Tkachuk gives you star 1st line LW signed for next 4 years and would begin the process of turning team around towards competitive along with some other moves (FA/Trades) over next 2 offseasons

• Haha
Reactions: Cubs2024WSChamps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad