Speculation: Trade Targets

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I dont know if its someone anyone wants but there seems to be a disconnect between Bratt and NJ.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I disagree on that because hes only 24 but the style of player and size I am not sure about. Size and physicality may become an issue down the line.
It does, especially when your top two centers are Bedard and Nazar at this moment. I do wonder if Nazar gets moved to wing because of Bedard's existence. Not sure you want to be that small down the middle.

Reactions: WindsorHawk

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kakko would be someone to be interested in if Rangers want to make changes

Unlike Lafreniere he is decent all around player at this point and his upside to potentially become a 60 pt strong 2 way winger is appealing
Either one would be potentially interesting buy low candidates, you throw them on a top line with Bedard and Reichel and see where it goes

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Bedard may start at RW not Center...He is not that good defensively in his own end..So if he has success starting out as RW ,maybe tgey keep him in that position...There isxa need for a 3 zone Big Center to shore up the defensive responsibility on Bedard's line but help offensively clearing space for Bedard to do his thing more Emily if dnen abd checkers have to worry about a big C dominating at net front or digging pucks from board and puck battles to sustain more chances in o zone for Bedard to do his magic.

If Bedard plays Center then tge need is for bigger wings to help him..

You can construct this either way..

If KD is using some of our 6 picks from 2nd and 3rdxroubds he woukdcdo tgat in any of 3 ways:

1 To use quantity picks to move up in tge draftor get another first .

2.To enhance taking on a contract for cap relief of a trade partner to get their 1st rounder.Maybe he uses one if our 2nds and ot 1 of ourc3rds as part of such a deal to ensure it gets done.

3 To add a current player from a trade partner teamthat is not a contract dump but could actualky help Bedard....immediately.

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kakko would be someone to be interested in if Rangers want to make changes

Unlike Lafreniere he is decent all around player at this point and his upside to potentially become a 60 pt strong 2 way winger is appealing

Rangers would be idiots to move him. He's probably the one young player they should hang onto to at all costs.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Rangers would be idiots to move him. He's probably the one young player they should hang onto to at all costs.
Probably, which is why it would be great for us haha. Have their issues been resolved since there was a regime change? IIRC Kakko and management had quite a disagreement about his role or lack there of early on in his career. Does he want to be there long term? It's hard to imagine that anything for Kakko or Lafreniere begins with anything less than the 19th pick if we assume that Dach's price was any sort of benchmark.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Potentially interesting trade scenario - Michkov slips ala Podkolzin due to Russian factor. Hawks move up from 19 to 11 with Vancouver, they pitch in a 2nd since Vancouver doesn't have one and they take on a short term cap dump like Tyler Myers. Hawks walk out of the draft with what was considered the 2 best players in the draft leading up to this year.

The trade targets are higher picks, not other players
KD has never said this, but presumably they use a similar playbook as last year to move up/higher into the 1st round with 19 and the 2nds

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
Woud take Kakko in a heartbeat, but I agree with Musto. Think KD targets higher draft picks.

And I very much doubt NY is looking to move on from him and getting draft picks for him at that.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I doubt he’s looking at players. He has the ammo to move up and down the board and really maximize this draft so that’s where his focus will be

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Players I want that we probably have no chance of getting but might have a chance at getting.

Cirelli
Konecny
Eriksson Ek
Pinto
Lundell
Newhook
Krebs
Byfeild
Sillinger
Kakko
Lafreniere
Greig

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The smartest thing KD just said was that "the players on the ice will determine the speed of the rebuild". Finally hearing some sanity!

No more arbitrary rebuild numbers. There is no 6 or 7 year plan no matter how anyone likes it. The kids on the ice will determine that and we just landed the best rookie since Mcdavid. The plan has been sped up and they now know it.

The cap space we have will further allow us to take advantage of some teams to add even more assets. All for getting another 1st from Vancouver for Myers or OEL. Take on a couple bad contracts to get more assets now. Be able to package a few picks to move up in the draft. Make some savy free agent moves to surround Bedard with talent offensively.

The ship will organically turn starting next year...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
this team doesn't really have any established young high end assets outside of Reichel and Bedard, until proven otherwise the rebuild is nowhere close to over until that number is in the double digits and we can fill out the rest of the roster via smart outside acquisitions, we need to see production at the NHL level before we can even begin to pencil in any of these kids long term, all it takes is a short glance at prior organizational prospect rankingson this board to see how many will amount to replacement level players, on average

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad