Speculation: Trade Targets

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Why?

He is FA in summer and a replacement level player

Get a late pick > Nothing
Apparently you didn't see shakes flow-rant (it isn't a flow-chart) on how to turb Blackwell into Celebrini. That is why you would trade him for a late round pick.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
And neither should be on Hawks roster going forward
I dont know what you are expecting. There's no mass quick turn around. Next year they will need these terrible bodies still playing on the team. You saw how we had to just grab any waiver pickup around... that'll happen again if you don't keep some of these guys

Reactions: HawksDub89

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He is a dime a dozen player who is easy to replace. Also, he was atrocious last year and while better this year still is nothing to warrant an extension
I disagree, and he was basically hurt all of last year and most of this year to begin the year. He is a solid bottom 6 forward, and we don't have many of those right now. He is better than almost every single bottom 6 forward on our roster right now.

I don’t see a reason to pine for AHL talent. Only 29 games or so until things get more fun for us.
? Blackwell is not AHL talent.

Reactions: Pez68

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Blackwell can chip in the occasional goal every once in a while with his hands and he's got speed. He is by no means a needle mover but he's a solid 4th liner who had hockey taken away from him from that terrible injury for a time. I wouldn't mind bringing him back for cheap. You could do a hell of a lot worse as we've seen.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kurashev keeps getting better and he can play anywhere in the line up. I would hang onto him for now. He is a legit NHL player. Chicago just needs to add some better talent around Bedard for next season.

I wouldnt say Kurashev could play anywhere on a cup contender, but he’s certainly good enough to keep around.

Even if he ends up on the 3rd line by the time the Hawks are competitivr, thats a useful role the Hawks dont have to trade for or pay in free agency.

Reactions: Giovi

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Vancouver has lost 4 in a row and 6 of there last 10 after trading a 1st. tampa and LA lost as well. OTT is playing way better that 3rd rounder is probably going to be in the 70's no 60's.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Our rivals, the Blues are looking to sell

Maybe deal could be had? Buchnevich?
He has a year left at $5.8 million?

How about Lukas Reichel, Isaak Phillips and our 33rd for Buchnevich a and their 3rd in 2024?

He’d be a good compliment to Bedard and Kurashev?

• Wow
Reactions: Giovi and Pez68

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Our rivals, the Blues are looking to sell

Maybe deal could be had? Buchnevich?
He has a year left at $5.8 million?

How about Lukas Reichel, Isaak Phillips and our 33rd for Buchnevich a and their 3rd in 2024?

He’d be a good compliment to Bedard and Kurashev?
Buch is getting much more then that

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
makes way more sense for a playoff team or one that is trying to next year. no way KD would give up assets for a guy that is 29 in april. until we have a shot at the playoffs we are not trading assets. which is not next year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Rumor from Larry Brooks that Carolina is willing to move Necas.

Not sure why they would, as he’s only 25 and a good player, but I would be interested depending on the price tag.

Id imagine they want NHL bodies tho

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Rumor from Larry Brooks that Carolina is willing to move Necas.

Not sure why they would, as he’s only 25 and a good player, but I would be interested depending on the price tag.

Id imagine they want NHL bodies tho
Cap issues. They can't afford his next contract.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I dont think there is anything the Hawks could give Van that would make sense for them.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It is sort of interesting that Matt Murley said don't be surprised if he ends up in Chicago, and then the whole fact he doesn't seem interested in Van long term.

Murls is pretty connected into Swedish hockey and generally doesn't just throw out shit. He isn't an insider, he probably actually did hear something. Who knows what will happen. Timeline and money it likely doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2