Speculation: Trade Targets

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
still don't understand how they couldn't trade Blackwell to a contender for a better draft pick than they got in the Beauvilio (sp) trade.

He's been a top 3 forward on this team since he was activated. Any contender would be lucky to have him in their bottom six. I don't get it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
still don't understand how they couldn't trade Blackwell to a contender for a better draft pick than they got in the Beauvilio (sp) trade.

He's been a top 3 forward on this team since he was activated. Any contender would be lucky to have him in their bottom six. I don't get it.
Maybe they value re-signing him more than the late pick they would have got.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Stamkos is putting up some points but looks like hes having a tougher season with underlying numbers. Interesting offseason for him and Tampa.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Hi all, Avs fan coming in peace.

A reality for the Avs is that they will have to shed at least 3M of salary next season if/when Landeskog comes back, so we are all arguing about who it should be.

Which leads me to my question - would the Hawks have interest in Girard? From the outside, it seems like you could use some more experience/talent on the blueline and have the cap space to accommodate it. While picks/prospects would be welcome, the ideal return IMO would be a cheaper LHD replacement, something you also have a good amount of.

Am I correct in assuming Vlasic is unavailable? He'd probably me my first choice, but I think something based around Kaiser or Philips could also work potentially.

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts to see if there's a fit. I also think him and Jones would make a nice complimentary pair.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

A reality for the Avs is that they will have to shed at least 3M of salary next season if/when Landeskog comes back, so we are all arguing about who it should be.

Which leads me to my question - would the Hawks have interest in Girard? From the outside, it seems like you could use some more experience/talent on the blueline and have the cap space to accommodate it. While picks/prospects would be welcome, the ideal return IMO would be a cheaper LHD replacement, something you also have a good amount of.

Am I correct in assuming Vlasic is unavailable? He'd probably me my first choice, but I think something based around Kaiser or Philips could also work potentially.

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts to see if there's a fit. I also think him and Jones would make a nice complimentary pair.

Yeah, Vlasic is not available.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Vlasic is much better than his stats would suggest. Kaiser is more well rounded than Phillips and has a higher ceiling but Philips has the higher floor and could absolutely play 6/7 minutes on a team that isn't a mess.

Girard is an upgrade but not a great fit for Chicago. He'd be a candidate to flip to another team.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

I think Girards size exempts him from the list of guys our GM would be interested in.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

I actually love Girard and hope thats what Kaiser can become. I think we just may have log jam for LD coming in.

Korchinski Vlasic Del Mastro Kaiser Phillips Allen

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Dude was a healthy scratch down the stretch and only played in 3 playoff games. Not sure why anyone would be clamoring for him.
Good season for Sharangovic. Would have looked good playing with Bedard and Kurashev. 30 goals 60 points 25 years old.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Good season for Sharangovic. Would have looked good playing with Bedard and Kurashev. 30 goals 60 points 25 years old.
Yeah, wrong about him. Although not sure he has the success here with the garbage we have. I doubt he would have played with Bedard and Kurashev with the way our coach has set his lineups this year.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
With Brady Tkachuk apparently wanting out of Ottawa would/should he be a target for the Blackhawks?

24 yrs old
Signed for four more seasons at $8.2 million cap hit

Would trading our first pick, a top four pick, be something we would move?

He’s defiantly fill a void that this team has?

How about Taylor Raddysh, Isaak Phillips and our 1st for Tkachuk?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
With Brady Tkachuk apparently wanting out of Ottawa would/should he be a target for the Blackhawks?

24 yrs old
Signed for four more seasons at $8.2 million cap hit

Would trading our first pick, a top four pick, be something we would move?

He’s defiantly fill a void that this team has?

How about Taylor Raddysh, Isaak Phillips and our 1st for Tkachuk?
One, I have not seen anything even remotely saying Tkachuk wants out.

Two, you’re not even a little close on that trade proposal. You’re probably looking at a couple top prospects and a first for Brady.

Reactions: Giovi

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
One, I have not seen anything even remotely saying Tkachuk wants out.

Two, you’re not even a little close on that trade proposal. You’re probably looking at a couple top prospects and a first for Brady.
Well it could be Cellebrini Raddysh and Phillips for Tkachuk…how about adding Colton Dach?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Well it could be Cellebrini Raddysh and Phillips for Tkachuk…
Well we aren’t trading that first if it’s Celebrini. If we don’t win the lottery, I would actually entertain it. But just know Raddysh and Phillips don’t have any value. They likely ask for the first + Rinzel, which is closer to what he’d go for.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Torts hates Morgan Frost and benched him (And Brink and Atkinson) in a must win game and put scrubs on ice when team needed to score instead.

All year long he has dicked kid around in and out of lineup and seems to not like anything he does

Get Frost and roll with

Bedard
Frost
Nazar

Down middle next year and try to build 3 potential scoring lines around them

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Torts hates Morgan Frost and benched him (And Brink and Atkinson) in a must win game and put scrubs on ice when team needed to score instead.

All year long he has dicked kid around in and out of lineup and seems to not like anything he does

Get Frost and roll with

Bedard
Frost
Nazar

Down middle next year and try to build 3 potential scoring lines around them
One of our seconds should get it done no?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I'd move Celebrini, Dach, Allan and Phillips for Thachuk.

Thachuk would be the perfect fit for the Hawks and not a bad cap hit.
Tkachuk at 24 yrs old is exactly what Chicago needs…tough tough tough captain material…signed for four more years…

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Oh and here was Torts after game tonight

Torts desire to turn offensively gifted 5'8 (maybe 5'9) Bobby Brink into some 4th line grinder is another stupid thing from this season. Forcing a kid to play in a role he is not suited for and makes holes in his game even more glaring makes no sense. Kid is not going to develop being utilized like that and its going to ruin his confidence as a young NHL player

One of our seconds should get it done no?

Who knows with Flyers

Briere hasn't shown to be improvement over Fletcher at this point and Jones is an idiot so him having say in hockey matters leads to pushing the "Flyers Way" nonsense

Reactions: ChiHawks10

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Oh and here was Torts after game tonight

Torts desire to turn offensively gifted 5'8 (maybe 5'9) Bobby Brink into some 4th line grinder is another stupid thing from this season. Forcing a kid to play in a role he is not suited for and makes holes in his game even more glaring makes no sense. Kid is not going to develop being utilized like that and its going to ruin his confidence as a young NHL player

Who knows with Flyers

Briere hasn't shown to be improvement over Fletcher at this point and Jones is an idiot so him having say in hockey matters leads to pushing the "Flyers Way" nonsense

How anyone thinks having this guy coach an NHL team so that they can finish 11th at this sort of cost is worth it boggles my mind

Reactions: TLEH and ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad