Speculation: Trade Targets

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
You can be pretty sure all you want but you are wrong.

Here is the wording from the NHL:

"No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period. This limitation will not affect a club’s ability to retain its presumptive draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the club moving down in draft order to the extent other clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick."

Like I said, it is about improvement or advancement in draft order. If you finsh last and have the first pick, you do not win the draft if you end up with the first overall pick. It just means that no one else improve to first overall.
Ok, Im sorry. I received the wrong info on this. Didnt mean to offend. I heard this on either 32 thoughts or CHGO just days ago I am trying to find now.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Doesn't Jones have a NTC? Can't see him waiving for Ottawa. Ottawa would also want a younger RD to fit in with their core.
Well yeah, but im just speaking on the thought of the Sens even wanting Jones. Jones is almost untradeable at this point. He really isn't even that attractive with Chicago retaining 50%.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Well yeah, but im just speaking on the thought of the Sens even wanting Jones. Jones is almost untradeable at this point. He really isn't even that attractive with Chicago retaining 50%.
They shouldnt and wont trade him at 50% but Yes he is.

6 years at 4.75

Severson got 8 years at 6.25
Weeger got 8 years at 6.25
Letang got 6 years at 6.1

This is before the cap went up.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
To :sens
C Colton Dach
D Taige Harding
Hawks 2025 1st (No protections)
Hawks 2026 1st (No protections)

To :hawks
LW Brady Tkachuk

Hawks have Leafs 2025 1st and three 2nd rounders in 2026 so gambling those 1st's isn't terrible gamble. Dach is quality prospect but appears made of glass while Harding is buried behind slew of D prospects in our system

We will walk away with Celebrini or one of the other bigs at this draft (+ whatever we get with TB pick) so ours system will be even more stocked with young talent

Tkachuk gives you star 1st line LW signed for next 4 years and would begin the process of turning team around towards competitive along with some other moves (FA/Trades) over next 2 offseasons
Brady is locker room cancer

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
To :sens
C Colton Dach
D Taige Harding
Hawks 2025 1st (No protections)
Hawks 2026 1st (No protections)

To :hawks
LW Brady Tkachuk

Hawks have Leafs 2025 1st and three 2nd rounders in 2026 so gambling those 1st's isn't terrible gamble. Dach is quality prospect but appears made of glass while Harding is buried behind slew of D prospects in our system

We will walk away with Celebrini or one of the other bigs at this draft (+ whatever we get with TB pick) so ours system will be even more stocked with young talent

Tkachuk gives you star 1st line LW signed for next 4 years and would begin the process of turning team around towards competitive along with some other moves (FA/Trades) over next 2 offseasons
No thanks sir

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
They shouldnt and wont trade him at 50% but Yes he is.

6 years at 4.75

Severson got 8 years at 6.25
Weeger got 8 years at 6.25
Letang got 6 years at 6.1

This is before the cap went up.
Weegar is better than Jones, so that makes sense.

No one is trading assets for either of those other 2 guys.

Only reason they shouldn't trade him is because they'd have to give up assets to trade him, which is also probably the reason they won't.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Ok, Im sorry. I received the wrong info on this. Didnt mean to offend. I heard this on either 32 thoughts or CHGO just days ago I am trying to find now.
It was CHGO, I heard it too. If I could watch them on YouTube, I would have said something in chat.

You didn't offend me at all. It's all good.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Weegar is better than Jones, so that makes sense.

No one is trading assets for either of those other 2 guys.

Only reason they shouldn't trade him is because they'd have to give up assets to trade him, which is also probably the reason they won't.
Thats not whats in question. They have different contracts. This shows 50% Seth Jones is below market value. When you are below market value you will recieve assets back.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
If the Hawks get stuck at 3rd overall and you can get Tkachuk with it, Davidson should be fired on the spot if he says no and the intern GM picks up the phone and says yes.

And by intern, I say some random hockey fan, a circus juggler, small city rodent, etc.

Outside of Celebrini, ain't nobody in this draft bring as much impact as Tkachuk.

Reactions: BHFAN92

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
I think St Louis gets Tkachuk - they can offer Kyrou who has seven years left on his contract and their prospect pool is pretty good with players like Snuggerud and Dvorsky at the top. Doug Armstrong is desperate to change their direction as his ass is on a thousand degree hot seat.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think St Louis gets Tkachuk - they can offer Kyrou who has seven years left on his contract and their prospect pool is pretty good with players like Snuggerud and Dvorsky at the top. Doug Armstrong is desperate to change their direction as his ass is on a thousand degree hot seat.
Ottawa signed a bunch of their young guys to long term deals and even with those signed, they are eating through a lot of those years already.
Chabot - Year 4 of his 8 year deal
Tkachuck - Year 3 of his 8 year deal
Norris - Year 2 of his 8 year deal
Stutzle - Year 1 of his 8 year deal
Sanderson - begins his next year

Sens can't be waiting on guys to develop if they move Tkachuck.

They can't take Kyrou back for him. Thomas (same contractual situation as Kyrou) would be the only one that makes sense.

Hopefully, Brady gives the Sens new owner another year. Can't really do anything when it takes into the summer to finalize the sale and thus way late to make HC and GM decisions.

Reactions: Dead Meat

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
A 30 goal scorer in the nhl who's 24?

Like...who wouldnt want that?

Wait.....the Hawks traded two of those already for scraps....

Yes, the Blackhawks would be faaaar better off moving forward without Bedard, but with the same forward core they had in the incredibly successful 2021 and 2022 seasons. :biglaugh:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Yes, the Blackhawks would be faaaar better off moving forward without Bedard, but with the same forward core they had in the incredibly successful 2021 and 2022 seasons. :biglaugh:
cg9qzscr-1353902186.jpg

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
A 30 goal scorer in the nhl who's 24?

Like...who wouldnt want that?

Wait.....the Hawks traded two of those already for scraps....
we were so good with those guys on the team. I must have missed those payoff rounds we won with CAT, hagel and DACH. the difference is we actually have a chance to be a playoff team without them. with young assets and cap space we can improve with them we are Columbus. still suck with no path to Playoffs. let alone a ST contender.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
we were so good with those guys on the team. I must have missed those payoff rounds we won with CAT, hagel and DACH. the difference is we actually have a chance to be a playoff team without them. with young assets and cap space we can improve with them we are Columbus. still suck with no path to Playoffs. let alone a ST contender.
you don’t understand. any year you have super star top 2 (all time) defenseman seth jones on your team you have a shot at the cup! they have to keep every guy that ever breathed on a patrick kane assist.

Reactions: JaegerDice

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
TJ is on a 20 + pace over 80 games. can play wing or Center has played allot of playoff games. Yes he is not going to get a huge return but at 1/2 retained maybe a 3rd and you send back a 5th/6th or something.

tinordi is making less than the AHL bury amount and he was not bad last year. seems to have regressed a bit. Tinordi has no value, but it was not a big deal of a signing 1 year 1 mil. don't think Idiot move bringing him back, he should just play alot less.

carpenter got a 5th I could see blackwell the same.

I struggle with some of the KD hate. I have not liked every move off course but in general they all seem to part of the bigger picture. what major move would you have done differently. Hagel CAT Dach, Hall, Kane, Keep msarek, Foligno dickinson instead of trade them. (if he could have gotten 2nds I would have traded them) take Dickinson, Zaitsev and Bailey for 2nds. I probably would have not resigned AA for 2 years but he did play well down the stretch. I would have done 1 year.

I am in love/hate with KD. I thought he didnt do nearly enough last yr to get value for players and tank to get Bedard...then we got lucky and got Bedard...I fully agreed with model of tank another year to get top pick but starting to quickly fall into the KD isnt doing enough to tank to get Celebrini mode...the Sharks are going to outbad us...lol...I feel like we already have gone through the losing and long list of injuries this season just tear it down further to ensure we finish dead last....I love to play couch GM but also I think KDs decisions regarding some of these FA has been just awful...Perry (just bringing him in period) Foligno, Hall, Mrazek extensions are all overpayments and for what? I would love for KD to bring back Kane and Toews next season if you are going to pay for veterans pay those 2 who actually have deserved to finish careers here.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am in love/hate with KD. I thought he didnt do nearly enough last yr to get value for players and tank to get Bedard...then we got lucky and got Bedard...I fully agreed with model of tank another year to get top pick but starting to quickly fall into the KD isnt doing enough to tank to get Celebrini mode...the Sharks are going to outbad us...lol...I feel like we already have gone through the losing and long list of injuries this season just tear it down further to ensure we finish dead last....I love to play couch GM but also I think KDs decisions regarding some of these FA has been just awful...Perry (just bringing him in period) Foligno, Hall, Mrazek extensions are all overpayments and for what? I would love for KD to bring back Kane and Toews next season if you are going to pay for veterans pay those 2 who actually have deserved to finish careers here.
Takes 2 to make a deal for one. second, the % is a total crapshoot on the bottom 3 so why worry? The players are also playing for their jobs so there is no guarantee recipe for tanking.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00