Speculation: Trade Targets

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If Vancouver is trying to go for an all in move, taking on Mikheyev could make sense.

Two more years at 4.75, 6’02, skates like the wind, has some skill. Perhaps the Canucks dump a pick on us to take him.

Necas would be another incredible add but outside of Tampa's first what would we realistically move for him?
I want to know what his contract demands are. 25 years old RFA, I don’t want to paying him 7 million + a year for him.

Reactions: Muffinalt

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If Vancouver is trying to go for an all in move, taking on Mikheyev could make sense.

Two more years at 4.75, 6’02, skates like the wind, has some skill. Perhaps the Canucks dump a pick on us to take him.

I want to know what his contract demands are. 25 years old RFA, I don’t want to paying him 7 million + a year for him.
A twenty five year old seventy point center is worth every bit of seven million moving forward.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A twenty five year old seventy point center is worth every bit of seven million moving forward.
Necas doesn’t play center fyi.
He doesn't but he can and he wants too.

Problem is Necas has not shown he can play C at high level and the experiments with him in spot have largely left Brindy unpleased thus why he is not C now

Also, Necas playoff struggles play part in Canes hesitation to sign him. This years playoffs will be big moment for him and his coming contract

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
EP is incredible but we just don't have the assets to trade for him in any deal that makes any sense.

I dont agree

It will be offseason trade and if Hawks land #1 pick to me that is a very appealing asset for Nucks in potential trade

Now that said Nucks will have plenty of people calling on him and one would question value of adding EP to Hawks and if its worth it

Bedard + EP as 1-2 punch for next 8 years would be something to see of course so would potentially Bedard + Celebrini

Last edited:

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

LOL

He’s worth at least that, probably more. You have to pay for good players.

If you’re balking at 7 million for Necas you’re going to be very disappointed when the Hawks eventually start spending in FA again.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I dont see us trading for a high end player for at least one more season. you add EP to this team next year we move from bottom 2 to bottom 7-8. look what happened when we traded for seth? we improved nothing. the good teams build thru the draft make a few strategic trades and fill one or 2 holes in UFA. we hit so rock bottom because we tried to re tool LOL. when was the last time retool worked? Ilya Mickeyev could be a interesting name. he is having a off year (probably 50% age and 50% injury not fully back) only has 2 years left. 2025 2nd could make sense. Murphy for Mickeyev and a 1st would be great but murphy is related to the Dachs i think. he has a big sturdy frame made that seems to get hurt from a paper cut.

Reactions: HawksDub89

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I dont agree

It will be offseason trade and if Hawks land #1 pick to me that is a very appealing asset for Nucks in potential trade

Now that said Nucks will have plenty of people calling on him and one would question value of adding EP to Hawks and if its worth it

Bedard + EP as 1-2 punch for next 8 years would be something to see of course so would potentially Bedard + Celebrini

Trading #1 for EP would be microwaving the rebuild.

Celebrini for the next 15 years is much more valuable to the Hawks.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Necas would be another incredible add but outside of Tampa's first what would we realistically move for him?
Kurashev, Toronto 1st. Hawks 1st next year. Any 2nds. Del Mastro if we are looking at Korchinski and Vlasic as the future of the left side. Reichel Hayes Green ?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Kurashev, Toronto 1st. Hawks 1st next year. Any 2nds. Del Mastro if we are looking at Korchinski and Vlasic as the future of the left side. Reichel Hayes Green ?
They're trying to win. They'd want either a younger player cost controlled of similar value. Kurashev is a younger cost controlled guy that you could get cheaper but he's not anywhere near as good.

Both teams don't want a bunch of futures. Would love for Hawks to be in on Necas but don't see us having the stuff to get it done.

Similar to EP.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
They're trying to win. They'd want either a younger player cost controlled of similar value. Kurashev is a younger cost controlled guy that you could get cheaper but he's not anywhere near as good.

Both teams don't want a bunch of futures. Would love for Hawks to be in on Necas but don't see us having the stuff to get it done.

Similar to EP.
Agreed but a lot could shake out.

maybe they sign Stamkos Reinhart Marchessault or Guentzel in the offseason that they would rather spend the money on or feel like is a better contract option and grab assets instead for Necas. They do have to resign Tuevo Pesce Skjei Jarvis Martinook Drury this year and Slavin the following year.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Trading #1 for EP would be microwaving the rebuild.

Celebrini for the next 15 years is much more valuable to the Hawks.

If he really wants to come here that badly, don't make the same mistake they made with Seth Jones. Just wait the extra year and sign him as a UFA.

Or let him kill his value by saying he'd only re-sign with the Hawks.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Deadline Trades
Johnson
Blackwell
Beauvillier
Tinordi

Rest of Season

Foligno-Bedard-Kurashev
Donato-Dickinson-Anderson
Anthansiou-Slaggert-Raddysh
Sanford-Johnson-Katchouk
Entwistle/Pitlick

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Megna
Phillips-Crevier
Roos

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Similar to EP.
They just want the assets. Two firsts can very easily be flipped for pieces to help them win now.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Deadline Trades
Johnson
Blackwell
Beauvillier
Tinordi

Rest of Season

Foligno-Bedard-Kurashev
Donato-Dickinson-Anderson
Anthansiou-Slaggert-Raddysh
Sanford-Johnson-Katchouk
Entwistle/Pitlick

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Megna
Phillips-Crevier
Roos
I expect TyJo and Blackwell to be moved. Beauvelier is meh and expensive and I can't imagine anyone actively seeking Tinordi. He's not even bad like CdH was bad but he blocked shots. He's a mess defensively.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
beauvelier is only moved if we retain 1/2. might be worth more to get a 3rd to retain on another teams player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: