Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
A 1st +++ needs to go back to ARI if were trading for Keller (wich I hope)

They are rumoured to try to have as many 1st as possible to make a move in 2024 for Auston hart memorial

Last edited:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I don't think Keller is available

I think if we do trade the 7th, its for Chychrun or Dubois/Scheifele

The other scenario I could see, based on Garrioch's latest article, is a trade-down scenario with Montreal (they have the 26th pick)

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Kassian…lmfao
Imagine being willing to spend 3.2 million on Kassian but not 2.75 for Nick Paul.
Surely this isnt true.

That would really be the nail in the coffin, imagine someone trying to argue that Dorion isn't a terrible GM. Nick Paul is one of the best defensive forwards in the league. I wouldn't take Kassian for free, I wouldn't even take him if he came with a 2nd round pick

If Dorion trades for Kassian honestly I'm out.

Could we just organize a protest? I'd rent a truck and a driver just for the occasion

Ya we already had Kassian on the team , not interested in round 2.

This Kassian never played in Ottawa...

I don't think we'd take on Kassian straight up, but dealing White's upcoming buyout could make sense for both teams.

Oilers save on cap space compared to what it would cost buying out Kassian, and save having to package Puljujarvi or picks/prospects with him to dump the contract.

We get Kassian for 2 years almost for free, as he only costs about 0.6M over the next 2 years compared to what White's buyout would cost in total.

White for Kassian would also be an horrible move. If White's salary is too much for us, just buy him out, that would cost the same amount we spend every year on guys like Logan Shaws/Clark Bishops

Saddling us with Zack Kassian just so he could block Kelly/Kastelic/Crookshank/etc would be an insult to our hockey intelligence. Just like when we traded a 2nd for Stepan or waived Balcers to not waive Cedric Paquette lol

Last edited:
Reactions: lancepitlick

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Balcers again…. Lol

The strands to misery are becoming more and more tenuous as the days go by, it’s about time!

It’s a great sign for the franchise, but also illustrates the reliance some of our fans have to weather even the most pleasant of new information fronts sweeping in.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Imagine Coyotes get Bedard and Matthews signs with them.

from backwaters to rome real quick.

Remember when people thought Steve Yzerman was going to play in Ottawa to establish his legacy here and then in game a reporter asked him between periods if he had thoughts of playing out his career in Ottawa and he was like “hell no, I’m the Captain of the Red Wings with multiple Cups and millions of dollars from the Illich family the thoughts never even crossed my mind, what a stupid question”

And that ended that

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I don't think EDM would be looking for futures so they'd probably be after someone like Brown. Something like Kassian + Puljujarvi + 2nd for Connor Brown + 4th. I'd be fine taking on Kassian for a bit if we get the right pieces back.
The Oilers want to compete no doubt while they have McDavid and Draisaitl in their peak years, but they have little cap to work with.
Edmonton has $7.1 m of capspace and needs to sign 8 players.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Simpson think we are in Keller and we throw bad contract in the deal

Too good to be true but let's say we :

- buy out White (cheap so we save more than 10 M$ in the process)

- acquire Keller while getting rid of Zaitsev and don't pay more than 7th OA pick + Erik Brannstrom + 2nd round pick

- sign a good D-man OR trade Connor Brown for a D-man and sign a good UFA forward

If Dorion can achieve something like that, he'd score a lot of points in my books

I don't think Keller is available

I think if we do trade the 7th, its for Chychrun or Dubois/Scheifele

The other scenario I could see, based on Garrioch's latest article, is a trade-down scenario with Montreal (they have the 26th pick)

Ok but who are you interested in from Montreal??? Cole Caufield and Nick Suzuki are not available and the other interesting pieces are futures, something we don't need anymore

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If Poolparty and Kassian are the guys available right now, I'd rather stand pat and hold off on any trades for awhile.

Doing nothing at this point is better than making a bad trade. And we need skill...a good dose of both playmaking and scoring on the front end. Not fodder for the bottom 6.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Today Zaitsev receive his bonus. Will see if he move this weekend. Same with White with buy- out open today

Berri UQAM

Apr 15, 2022
Today Zaitsev receive his bonus. Will see if he move this weekend. Same with White with buy- out open today
The joke's on us. White has been so enriched by his current contract that he will be buying the Sens out to prevent the team from buying him out. He will become the first owner-player since Lemieux.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Top 4 RD is the spot we really need to fill, I just don't think we have a lot of options that we can realistically make happen.

Up front, I predict a White for Drouin based swap, and maybe a 3rd or tbl second for pool party

On D, I'm thinking we end up coming up short,

Reactions: Alex1234 and NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad