Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Fiala is under 6 feet so the chances of Ottawa trading for him are 0.001%.

Give me Nic Paul at half the price all day long

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Brown is such a good 200ft player that can score and play PP in a pinch, and is a mainstay PKer.

How many times have I seen him beat out players to loose pucks simply because he outworks them and they aren’t expecting that level of puck retrieval commitment. It was comical last night. Cane’s players are like “what the hell man, chill out!” As Brown makes that extra push and steals the puck away.

To me, as a playoff bound team, Brown is an absolute keeper middle six, play anywhere in the line up, 200ft player keeper. He plays the game with the exact level of tenacity and work ethic that this team models itself after.

He can defend and he can score.

Sign this man!!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You'd rather Nick Paul with 62 points in 209 career games over Fiala who has 128 points in his last 156 games? What???

Id rather Conor Brown over Fiala. I’m not sure Nick Paul is the either/or here salary wise.

Given what people have rumoured Fiala’s ask to be, we could almost sign both Brown and Paul for that money, and in terms of team and cap, that would be smarter money spent for us I think.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Fiala is under 6 feet so the chances of Ottawa trading for him are 0.001%.

Give me Nic Paul at half the price all day long

Lol why have good players when you can have worse ones.

And who cares about height the guy has elite skillset. He weighs more than Norris and same as Batherson.

It shouldnt have any impact. We had Pageau and he was an amazing player for us. Plenty of examples. Big does not equal playing hard

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Lol why have good players when you can have worse ones.

And who cares about height the guy has elite skillset. He weighs more than Norris and same as Batherson.

It shouldnt have any impact. We had Pageau and he was an amazing player for us. Plenty of examples. Big does not equal playing hard

I agree about size but this management group doesn’t. look at their drafting, trade and their FA acquisitions. Mete is the exception but no small players and they are intentionally building a big team.

Fiala as a depth LW when Formenton played his best game ever last night, and Ridley Grieg ready to play next year. Don’t think Fiala is the right player for this team or the proper profile player for this team

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ideally we add a good forward without having to subtract Brown or Zub. Kind of defeats the purpose.

If throwing big money and term at Fiala (plus big assets) or Giroux means losing Brown or Zub due to a lack of salary space, I'd rather we go for someone cheaper and signed to less term like Toffoli or Bailey.

Toffoli costs an average salary of 4.3M and Bailey costs 3.5M per. Both contracts expire after 2023/24.

Those are easily affordable and shouldn't inhibit being able to re-sign a legit top 6 forward in Brown or a legit top 4 defenseman in Zub.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You'd rather Nick Paul with 62 points in 209 career games over Fiala who has 128 points in his last 156 games? What???

Just think what Nick Paul adds to the bottom 6 is greater then what Fiala adds to the top 6. Fiala is like Clarke MacArthur which is a good NHL player, but if you asked me honestly who would add more to this current lineup Nick Paul or Clarke MacCarthur to me it’s Paul. Size, hustle, PK, multi tooled. A more useless and impactful player.

Paul is better and more elite at this job being a 3rd liner then Kevin Fiala is at being a 2nd line winger if that makes sense.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Just think what Nick Paul adds to the bottom 6 is greater then what Fiala adds to the top 6. Fiala is like Clarke MacArthur which is a good NHL player, but if you asked me honestly who would add more to this current lineup Nick Paul or Clarke MacCarthur to me it’s Paul. Size, hustle, PK, multi tooled. A more useless and impactful player.

Paul is better and more elite at this job being a 3rd liner then Kevin Fiala is at being a 2nd line winger if that makes sense.
Fiala is a pretty high risk high reward player, kinda the opposite of Nick Paul. Both are useful but arent interchangeable and are in a completely different contract level. I am a little confused as to why its one or the other. Fiala is like a better Ennis, smaller skill player that tends to hang on to the puck too long.

A deal around White + for Fiala might make sense. I could see White being a guy Guerin would like. Boston guy, American player cost controlled no risk of losing Fiala for nothing. Despite what most of this board thinks White isnt a negative asset. I dont know if the sens have the budget to sign Fiala along with Zub and C Brown. So personally I wouldnt go that route but it might happen. When I think of Dorion and Guerin negotiating a deal it frightens me from a sens perspective.

Sens need White in the lineup getting reps.

The other situation that interests me is the fact Vegas needs to dump salary. What would they add for the sens to take Dadonov? Only 1 more year.

Reactions: aragorn

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Trading a good player signed for longer than a year only to get a mediocre pick/mid-level prospect does nothing for this team.
Agreed.
Prospects/picks are the last thing we need.

Disagree. We need to keep the cupboards stocked.

I think we both agree that trading someone like Tierney for a pick/prospect is good asset management, trading Connor Brown for pick/prospect is bad asset management.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I’m actually upset this team is willing to throw 3x3 to Paul. You have so many players u can lock up Norris, Formenton and Pinto and Stützle as early as the summer and your throwing 3m of ur internal budget to Nick f***ing Paul a bottom 6 scrub? This team is going to f*** up it’s budget/cap aren’t they ?

Edit I’m dumb I’ll keep my post up so I can laugh at my overreaction. It was 3years 2mil per that’s not all that bad I don’t want him for anything over that

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I agree about size but this management group doesn’t. look at their drafting, trade and their FA acquisitions. Mete is the exception but no small players and they are intentionally building a big team.

Fiala as a depth LW when Formenton played his best game ever last night, and Ridley Grieg ready to play next year. Don’t think Fiala is the right player for this team or the proper profile player for this team

Fiala is on another level my friend. He has Hoffman shot with finesse and agility. He's on a complete other level. He's been producing at first line level for 2 years. He's in no way a "depth LW", he's an incredible top flight player.

He would make this team instantly much better.

And man in the same sentence you said the team doesn't want small players and then mention we have Greig in the pipeline coming up.

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Clarke MacArthur? Have you ever seen Fiala play?

He has been scoring at a 30 goals/82 games for the past 155 game, so basically the equivalent of 2 seasons. He's playing with Frederick Gaudreau(4th liner) and Matthew Boldy (Rookie) and is on a 26 goal and 68 points pace.

Like... Let's come down to earth please lol

Nick Paul is a bottom 6 guy who can be replaced internally. Add Fiala and Formenton moves to the 3rd line. You don't need Paul at that point.

Honestly your explanations are way off and I feel like you've never seen the player on the ice.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad