Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Cayden Primeau looking like the future HOFer to replace Price tonight.

Montreal really needs to send him down. No point in ruining his confidence by playing in front of that dumpster fire.

They should have claimed Dell. In fact, that would have been the perfect punishment for what he did to Batherson. Just seeing him get lit up every game would have been awesome.

Reactions: Altimus and Deku

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
It will be interesting to see how Dorian navigates this deadline. I'm sure teams are calling about Brown and Paul and he is trying to sell them on Gaudette and Tierney. Not sure how far he is going to get with that but we shall see.

Reactions: NB613

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
LeBrun on Insider Trading says the #Flames are looking for secondary scoring and LeBrun feels Treliving has natural trade partners in Montreal and Ottawa.
6:24 PM · 8 févr. 2022 depuis Beaconsfield, Québec

Outside of Connor Brown do we have secondary scoring to offer

Or is the definition of secondary very broad to include Ennis/Paul/Sanford/Tierney

How about Gaudette?

I would guess it would be Connor Brown as well.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Simpson reporting that there are rumors the sens may be looking to trade for Fiala. I'd be shocked if Minnesota wanted to part with him tbh.

You reallllly gotta wonder if we giving them Brown back the other way in a package. Only way I see them losing Fiala(mid season at least) is if they bring at least somewhat of a replacement and another notable piece. Brown signed for another year reasonably, we might eat 50% of his contract allowing them to have that much more flexibility.

Otherwise, only the off-season makes sense. Ottawa usually takes forever to make a big time trade, and are rumored for a big name guy months before it happens, so it probably gets done during off-season, if we land him at all.

Reactions: Speatleysson

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
You reallllly gotta wonder if we giving them Brown back the other way in a package. Only way I see them losing Fiala(mid season at least) is if they bring at least somewhat of a replacement and another notable piece. Brown signed for another year reasonably, we might eat 50% of his contract allowing them to have that much more flexibility.

Otherwise, only the off-season makes sense. Ottawa usually takes forever to make a big time trade, and are rumored for a big name guy months before it happens, so it probably gets done during off-season, if we land him at all.

Minnesota wouldn't part with fiala during the season for a lesser player in a season in which they are a championship contender.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Why would Ottawa trade Connor Brown? He's the definition of how they want this team to play and he does it at an extremely affordable price. Let alone to trade him for a guy on an expiring contract with arbitration eligibility?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Why would Ottawa trade Connor Brown? He's the definition of how they want this team to play and he does it at an extremely affordable price. Let alone to trade him for a guy on an expiring contract with arbitration eligibility?

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton/Greig-Stutzle-Fiala
Grieg/Form-Pinto-Sokolov/Boucher

Love Brown, but we might not have luxury of signing him longterm and we would prefer a more bonafide top line winger with Stutzle. I don't completely know if it's Fiala but we have bottom 6 guys bursting through the seams and we need to start thinking smartly of how to bring in top talent to play with Stutzle.

Ideally, we sign Brown 4.5 x5 and we get lucky with Sokolov on cheap deal and he blossoms as a top 6 in 2 years. Because truthfully, unless we have an elite LW with Stutzle, I do not envision us winning cup with Brown as our 2nd line RW.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Form/Greig-Stutzle-Sokolov
Form-Pinto-Brown

Reactions: Cosmix

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca

The only way I see it is if Minnesota adds a sweetner like their first or good prospect. Even then, I am curious why they would even think about doing this before the off season.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Hey, I'm not saying they are, im saying if there is any truth to the rumor, brown going back makes most amount of sense.

Minnesota is stacked with Wingers. It has one of the top Winger prospect in NHL with Adam Beckman who will take over next year. So any trade of fiala will or can be done in offseason. Fiala has been a rockstar since boldy was called up and given wood another Zuccarello & kaprizov line

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Minnesota is stacked with Wingers. It has one of the top Winger prospect in NHL with Adam Beckman who will take over next year. So any trade of fiala will or can be done in offseason. Fiala has been a rockstar since boldy was called up and given wood another Zuccarello & kaprizov line

Every team has a Beckman, brother, lol. Top winger prospect in NHL?

But hey all the more power, we'll trade yall futures then for Fiala and keep Brown.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
Every team has a Beckman, brother, lol. Top winger prospect in NHL?

But hey all the more power, we'll trade yall futures then for Fiala and keep Brown.

Beckman almost made the team out of training camp this past season in his 1at try and has already received called up this year. Our AHL coach is one of the best in the league growing prospects. But yeah, any team will be interested in fiala during offseason if. Minnesota decides to trade him.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Beckman almost made the team out of training camp this past season in his 1at try and has already received called up this year. Our AHL coach is one of the best in the league growing prospects. But yeah, any team will be interested in fiala during offseason if. Minnesota decides to trade him.

OK but you said "one of the best winger prospects in the league." That doesn't sound wrong to you?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton/Greig-Stutzle-Fiala
Grieg/Form-Pinto-Sokolov/Boucher

Love Brown, but we might not have luxury of signing him longterm and we would prefer a more bonafide top line winger with Stutzle. I don't completely know if it's Fiala but we have bottom 6 guys bursting through the seams and we need to start thinking smartly of how to bring in top talent to play with Stutzle.

Ideally, we sign Brown 4.5 x5 and we get lucky with Sokolov on cheap deal and he blossoms as a top 6 in 2 years. Because truthfully, unless we have an elite LW with Stutzle, I do not envision us winning cup with Brown as our 2nd line RW.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Form/Greig-Stutzle-Sokolov
Form-Pinto-Brown
Brown is worth more than 4.5 x 5 on the open market. He has 27G and 30A over 84 games since the start of last year. That’s 5.5M-6M with term production. This comes without playing alongside high end talent. If he likes the project going on here then he may be willing to take a small discount, but I’d be shocked if he re-signed for anything less than 5M for 5 or 6 years and expect he will wind up around the 38.5M Hyman got from Edmonton.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Simpson reporting that there are rumors the sens may be looking to trade for Fiala. I'd be shocked if Minnesota wanted to part with him tbh.

Why do they trade Fiala ? IMO they move him in the off season if that's the direction they are going. Sens should be interested. They are fine for this year. The reason they would trade Fiala is to shed cap they have over 12 million in dead cap space with Parise and Suter next year. They are not adding cap space Brown unless they can get rid of some of that Dead Cap space. They have Goligoski 5m and Rask 4m coming off but they need to be replaced with at least minimums.

At any rate .. I'm keeping Brown into next year .. He plays a big role on this team and he is the poster boy for the work ethic and 200 foot play DJ wants out of his forwards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad