Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don't think that would work for a player of Eichel's caliber.

And while it's risky, it's Ottawa going all in. I mean, if they're not good with this line-up (let's say Buffalo also send Eakin in the deal, who is cheaper than Tierney (1.7 less) and fits much better in that role)

Stutzle-Eichel-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
Formenton-Pinto-White
Crookshank-Eakin-Watson

I'd be looking at upgrading the defense though

To be compliant to the league rules and well, have a NHL team, you have no choice to reach the cap floor. We are under it by a pretty big margin right now...

It may not work but the offer might beat opposing offers.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
It has to be a new player transaction, otherwise why would HR get involved for a current player resigning. Unless its payroll related or something.

edit: had to read back 2 pages. Found my answer

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa Senators NHL

2020 Off-Season Trade/UFA Acquisitions:
Braydon Coburn
Evgenii Dadonov
Alex Galchenyuk
Matt Murray
Cedric Paquette
Derek Stepan
Austin Watson
Artem Zub
Josh Brown
Eric Gudbranson (edit added)

2021 Off-Season Trade/UFA Acquisitions:

Nick Holden
Michael Del Zotto

Who did I miss?

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ottawa Senators NHL

Braydon Coburn
Evgenii Dadonov
Alex Galchenyuk
Matt Murray
Cedric Paquette
Derek Stepan
Austin Watson
Artem Zub
Josh Brown

Nick Holden
Michael Del Zotto

Who did I miss?
Aberg and Heatherington may play more games for us than a few of those guys but yeah…. we’ve been very inactive, especially compared to last year

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We finished off the season with excellent chemistry; no reason to mess with many of those lines; but tougher division means we might need to a bit. I am not surprised we arent making many moves and I expected 3 NHL moves at most(2 being top 4 D and top 6 C).

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Brown
Paul-Brown-White
Formenton-Tierney-Watson
Bishop/Kelly

That C group needs help, especially bottom 6 C. Tierney being scratched last game of the season last year was good indication that management want him gone. We wont be able to comfortably allow Norris and Pinto to grow their game if we are deploying two worse defensive C's in Brown and Tierney; if White is C instead, then we have huge hole on RW.

Somethin's gotta give. My guess is Tierney+3rd for 50% Henrique(im afraid dorion will cave and give a 2nd but in this draft I dont want to do that and we shouldnt). I dont want to imagine price for nothing-but-a-stop-gap Strome.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Henrique-Brown
Paul-Pinto-White
Formenton-Brown-Watson

Realistically, we trade White midseason if he continues to falter for a better fit or someone with less years. White is a glue guy in the room, so he'll be given another shot, but it isn't worth 5 million in 3rd line RW shot; no matter what gluing he does.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Keep up the good work agent HF007. Most here are sane enough to not shoot the messenger.

Speak for yourself. I've got a group of HF posters who are ready to tie benjiv1 to the net and fire clappers at him. Like Goldberg in The Mighty Ducks, starring Emilio Esteves as Coach Gordon Bombay.

Reactions: armani and 2CHAINZ

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We finished off the season with excellent chemistry; no reason to mess with many of those lines; but tougher division means we might need to a bit. I am not surprised we arent making many moves and I expected 3 NHL moves at most(2 being top 4 D and top 6 C).

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Brown
Paul-Brown-White
Formenton-Tierney-Watson
Bishop/Kelly

That C group needs help, especially bottom 6 C. Tierney being scratched last game of the season last year was good indication that management want him gone. We wont be able to comfortably allow Norris and Pinto to grow their game if we are deploying two worse defensive C's in Brown and Tierney; if White is C instead, then we have huge hole on RW.

Somethin's gotta give. My guess is Tierney+3rd for 50% Henrique(im afraid dorion will cave and give a 2nd but in this draft I dont want to do that and we shouldnt). I dont want to imagine price for nothing-but-a-stop-gap Strome.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Henrique-Brown
Paul-Pinto-White
Formenton-Brown-Watson

Realistically, we trade White midseason if he continues to falter for a better fit or someone with less years. White is a glue guy in the room, so he'll be given another shot, but it isn't worth 5 million in 3rd line RW shot; no matter what gluing he does.

If White isnt working and can’t return value/a very short deal, I think we buy him out. Would only cost about 850k/yr for 6 yrs or something like that.

I’d like to see us add at least one C, or a C/LW if we plan to use Paul at C. Doesn’t need to be anyone ground breaking… I’d happily pay Bozak 4mil given that we spent as much on Gudbranson last season.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Boy we sure are signing quite a few ahl guys.
Did we lose that many or could these guys be used to plug holes from a big trade?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If White isnt working and can’t return value/a very short deal, I think we buy him out. Would only cost about 850k/yr for 6 yrs or something like that.

I’d like to see us add at least one C, or a C/LW if we plan to use Paul at C. Doesn’t need to be anyone ground breaking… I’d happily pay Bozak 4mil given that we spent as much on Gudbranson last season.

Dont we have to buy him out this off-season? Or can that apply whenever? If so, then we are solid, that's peanuts.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Dont we have to buy him out this off-season? Or can that apply whenever? If so, then we are solid, that's peanuts.

This offseason or next offseason his cap hit is below 900k for twice the length of the remaining years on his contract when we buy him out, except the season that would have been his last, where we get a cap savings (aka negative cap hit) of less than 700k in both scenarios. Buying him out this offseason saves 13.666 million in real dollars, next offseason saves 10.5 million. Buy him out in the 2023 offseason and it's a 1.833 mil cap hit in year 1, 3, and 4 of the buyout and a cap hit of 333k in year 2, with an overall cash savings of 3.66 million. Buy him out in 2024 and it's a cap hit of 583k then 2.083 million in year 2. Saves 2.083 million in real dollars. Per Capfriendly's buyout calculator.

TL;DR: If you're going to do it, buying out White this offseason or next offseason is ideal.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa Senators NHL

Braydon Coburn
Evgenii Dadonov
Alex Galchenyuk
Matt Murray
Cedric Paquette
Derek Stepan
Austin Watson
Artem Zub
Josh Brown
Eric Gudbranson (edit added)

Nick Holden
Michael Del Zotto

Who did I miss?
Massive improvement this year means the young guys are ready for full time action. One good player out of 10 last year... Zub.

Reactions: Cosmix

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Tkachuk hasn’t signed yet. To say we can’t sign him to a long term deal is disingenuous.

We can't sign him to a long term deal because we won't spend elsewhere to improve the team and to show him a commitment to winning a Cup.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
You're aware we operate at the salary floor right? Gonna be a lot harder to keep the American long term as opposed to the guy who is close to home.
I agree but your argument isn’t very rational. We have no idea what the team is offering, what tkachuk wants, what their side is offering, etc. It’s all unknown and speculation. They don’t need to add outside the organization. They need to sign their own guys. Signing Chabot was the first step in showing they’re committed

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
LOL, sorry if anyone got excited.
It's all good. Belleville is still important. Tyrell Gouldbourne can really fight so that is exciting. If Belleville is still looking to add some more toughness maybe you could send this clip to them. Mike McKee was originally drafted by Detroit and has played his pro career in the ECHL. He is a good fighter but this highlight package from his agents showcases off his speed and a bit of his skill. Maybe Belleville would be interested in taking a look at him for an AHL contract.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Boy we sure are signing quite a few ahl guys.
Did we lose that many or could these guys be used to plug holes from a big trade?
Belleville kind of cleaned house when it came to their roster.

Vitaly Abramov and Olle Alsing signed in the KHL. Hubert Labrie signed in the DEL. Then they let Matthew Peca, Cole Cassels, JC Beaudin, Joe Labate, Cody Goloubef, Curtis Douglas, Jonathan Davidsson, Jack Kopacka, Zach Magwood, Brandon Fortunato and a handful of other players that were brought in throughout the season go. You could even add that Chlapik decided to terminate his 2 way contract early in the season to go play in Europe.

I think the only additions from last offseason that are still there are Logan Shaw and Clark Bishop, and now Colby Williams.

Reactions: Cosmix and senswon

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You're aware we operate at the salary floor right? Gonna be a lot harder to keep the American long term as opposed to the guy who is close to home.

Well, it kind of contradicts what you said earlier. If you want to be negative, that’s cool. That’s your deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad