Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The only thing that might expedite the trade market in the short term is arbitration issues.

Maybe Copp becomes available because Winnipeg has Pionk's arbitration coming up in a few days and has gotten him signed?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What do you think of this? Made this post somewhere else

Ottawa could easily beat that Eichel offer, even by giving up only pieces they can afford to lose (organizational strength)

2022 1st round pick (OTT)
2022 2nd round pick (OTT)
Erik Brannstrom
Filip Gustavsson
Roby Jarventie
Logan Brown
Chris Tierney

- They can afford to trade their 1st and 2nd next draft as they have so much under-25 wealth (Edit : plus, they'd get Eichel). They also have another 2nd and three 3rd round picks (could move up to have two 2nds and a 3rd?)

- They can afford to move Brannstrom with Chabot and Sanderson on LD

- They can afford to trade Gustavsson with Murray/Forsberg now and Sogaard/Merilainen in the future.

- They can afford to trade Jarventie as they are stacked in terms of Wingers. I really like Jarventie but you have to give to get.

- Logan Brown is a high end "reclamation project". Covid and injuries made him lose a lot of development. He didn't play much since he was 21 y/o (13 AHL GP, 1 NHL GP). Ottawa can afford to trade him with Eichel, Norris, Pinto and White (etc)

- Tierney is a decent stop gap center for Buffalo (Edit : as they are rebuilding and tanking for high end picks)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What do you think of this? Made this post somewhere else

Ottawa could easily beat that Eichel offer, even by giving up only pieces they can afford to lose (organizational strength)

2022 1st round pick (OTT)
2022 2nd round pick (OTT)
Erik Brannstrom
Filip Gustavsson
Roby Jarventie
Logan Brown
Chris Tierney

- They can afford to trade their 1st and 2nd next draft as they have so much under-25 wealth (Edit : plus, they'd get Eichel). They also have another 2nd and three 3rd round picks (could move up to have two 2nds and a 3rd?)

- They can afford to move Brannstrom with Chabot and Sanderson on LD

- They can afford to trade Gustavsson with Murray/Forsberg now and Sogaard/Merilainen in the future.

- They can afford to trade Jarventie as they are stacked in terms of Wingers. I really like Jarventie but you have to give to get.

- Logan Brown is a high end "reclamation project". Covid and injuries made him lose a lot of development. He didn't play much since he was 21 y/o (13 AHL GP, 1 NHL GP). Ottawa can afford to trade him with Eichel, Norris, Pinto and White (etc)

- Tierney is a decent stop gap center for Buffalo (Edit : as they are rebuilding and tanking for high end picks)

I would make that trade IF the 2022 first round pick is lottery protected.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
After crunching numbers, stay the course or bring in someone on 1 year deal for crazy good deal and just keep accumulating assets.

We already going to be strained with Colin White, last thing we need is someone else getting us stuck too.

Tierney is our one year filler vet to insulate our young centers. :sarcasm:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Feel like Pinto and White would need to be a part of any Eichel trade.

Pinto serves as the Norris of the Eichel deal - centerpiece and potential replacement top 2 center, while White needs to go the other way for cap relief.

I'd offer Pinto + White + all of our Finns (Merilainen, Jarventie, Thomson) + 2022 1st + another 2nd/prospect

It's sad to say it's not happening though. Eichel makes too much sense as an acquisition so naturally we're not interested.

Reactions: Cosmix

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Feel like Pinto and White would need to be a part of any Eichel trade.

Pinto serves as the Norris of the Eichel deal - centerpiece and potential replacement top 2 center, while White needs to go the other way for cap relief.

I'd offer Pinto + White + all of our Finns (Merilainen, Jarventie, Thomson) + 2022 1st + another 2nd/prospect

It's sad to say it's not happening though. Eichel makes too much sense as an acquisition so naturally we're not interested.

We have no money. We can't even sign Tkachuk to a long term deal.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

There's plenty of money to re-sign Tkachuk long-term, especially after dumping Dadonov's deal.

If there's an issue it's probably Tkachuk not wanting to re-sign long-term right now.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I would make that trade IF the 2022 first round pick is lottery protected.

Don't think that would work for a player of Eichel's caliber.

And while it's risky, it's Ottawa going all in. I mean, if they're not good with this line-up (let's say Buffalo also send Eakin in the deal, who is cheaper than Tierney (1.7 less) and fits much better in that role)

Stutzle-Eichel-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Brown
Formenton-Pinto-White
Crookshank-Eakin-Watson

I'd be looking at upgrading the defense though

To be compliant to the league rules and well, have a NHL team, you have no choice to reach the cap floor. We are under it by a pretty big margin right now...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Eichel makes too much sense as an acquisition so naturally we're not interested.

It's becoming pretty evident that it's not just the Senators that aren't "interested". Other teams aren't either, at the asking price the Sabres have.

The surgery question is a MAJOR concern.

As the weeks drag on, it's becoming more and more likely that Eichel will miss a significant portion (or maybe all) of next season. So an acquiring team wouldn't get the benefit of him until 2022/23.

Now you might say, "Eichel's young enough to not worry!". And maybe that's true. But at the start of 22/23, he'll be 26 years old. It's not like we haven't seen huge talents take a big step back in their mid-20's after major surgery. We saw it here, with Erik Karlsson.

Then you factor in the other options that could become available via free-agency or trade over the next 18 months: Barkov, Couturier, Malkin, Zibanejad, O'Reilly, Dubois...

I'm not surprised a lot of teams aren't willing to take the gamble.

Reactions: JD1 and Xspyrit

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
To be compliant to the league rules and well, have a NHL team, you have no choice to reach the cap floor. We are under it by a pretty big margin right now...

Brady alone will get them pretty close, or even above the floor.

Sens are just a smidge shy of $53M for next season right now, and the floor is $60.2M.

Brady + Batherson will get the Sens to roughly $65M, give or take.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
It has to be a new player transaction, otherwise why would HR get involved for a current player resigning. Unless its payroll related or something.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
Hypothetical:

If Brady decides to hold out on his contract till after the season starts and we arent at the cap floor what happens?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hypothetical:

If Brady decides to hold out on his contract till after the season starts and we arent at the cap floor what happens?
I suspect we would be penalized for the amount that we are under the floor. I.E it would make more sense to just sign a guy like Bozak for 1yr @ however much we are below.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It has to be a new player transaction, otherwise why would HR get involved for a current player resigning. Unless its payroll related or something.

Wouldn't HR be involved in a new contract for an existing employee as well? I could be wrong though.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Brady alone will get them pretty close, or even above the floor.

Sens are just a smidge shy of $53M for next season right now, and the floor is $60.2M.

Brady + Batherson will get the Sens to roughly $65M, give or take.

Thanks but I can read Cap friendly! :sarcasm:

Seriously, what are the chances that Brady AAV will be ~7.0 or more? He'll probably go for a bridge because, like pretty much every NHL player, he will want to see if ownership can commit financially to the team's long term success before committing himself. I mean, making money is cool and everything but players also want to win.

It'll take both Brady and Batherson extensions to reach the cap floor. Still not very exciting when you see most other NHL teams literally burning money for a slim hope of success.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Just got the heads up...
Some sort of transaction happening today.

Like I said last time, could be something small / announced at a later date, but stuff is happening on the HR side today it appears.
I’m guessing an AHL contract followed by a presser lol.

Reactions: Cosmix

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
And not because the team not try . If he sign a bridge this is because Tkachuk want this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad