StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I'm calling this now - 3 team trade

Eichel to Calgary
Tkachuk to Ottawa
a bunch of shit to Buffalo

I should add - some poster who has broken tons of Calgary news says Calgary is working on getting Eichel in a 3 team trade with Tkachuk going to a 3rd team (because he wont resign in Buffalo and wants out of Calgary)
If that post's content is true, M. Tkachuk wont sign with a Canadian team

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I could see the Villardi idea. Add in Tierney or White for a larger package

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Literally every team in Canada has complicit media. I'd say 95% of talking heads are working PR for their respective teams

The reality is that most fans don’t care about team finances, and don’t want to be bombarded with hard hitting reporting about the owner, or boring behind the scenes ‘drama’.

Most people like to enjoy hockey, the draft, and read about a signing here and there. There is no market for that kind of questioning, and the NHL as a whole wouldn’t appreciate media outlets that constantly attacked it’s teams to boot.

Everyone who cares about this kind of ‘action’ is in here talking about it endlessly, speculating wildly, and quite willing and able to dissect each word dropped by sens ownership or management.

HF Sens has the market cornered for the hard hitting type, and Ian Mendes usually tries to ask a question for folks in here in each interview.

Nobody else cares.

As for media having broadcasting rights and can say what they want? Think about it, what they want is for you to tune in and watch games, not get personally offended by the owner and stop watching games, or lose faith in a team that they pay to air. They have no reason to join any of these crusades.

And no, the NBA isn’t any ‘better’.

EDIT: now please no one go take this personally and freak out at me, I’m in here to and am part of all of this foolishness :)

Last edited:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Eichel to Calgary
Tkachuk to Ottawa

I should add - some poster who has broken tons of Calgary news says Calgary is working on getting Eichel in a 3 team trade with Tkachuk going to a 3rd team (because he wont resign in Buffalo and wants out of Calgary)

I could see a three team trade with us, Calgary and Buffalo where we end up with Monahan and Buffalo gets Colin White plus a bunch of other stuff from Calgary.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Would anyone consider moving Drake? His name means male duck and I don't want that to be a distraction in the locker room.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
TSN1200 really working hard to make Brannstrom look expendable today. As if MDZ and Holden are in any way above him in the depth chart as is. Contracts don't mean shit unless they actually outplay him.
Ya it’s getting bad. These guys have zero critical thinking or they are afraid of melnyk

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What's scary about M. Tkachuk ending up in St-Louis is how it would probably make Brady seriously consider joining him there after his seemingly inevitable bridge deal expires in a couple years.

Reactions: PlayOn

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ya it’s getting bad. These guys have zero critical thinking or they are afraid of melnyk
Hunh? That's not what was said. Maybe you guys are just struggling to evaluate the talent. Brannstrom really struggled to defend last year. Small d men got eaten alive in the playoffs, To not be skeptical of Brannstrom and where he fits behind Sanderson and Chabot is being pretty blind to the situation. What was suggested was they would only consider moving him if he can be part of a package to return an impact forward. If not keep him.

The Del Zotto signing still is a head scratcher and leaves some reason for speculation about Brannstrom. I don't like it either but the optics aren't great.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Eichel to Calgary
Tkachuk to Ottawa

For what it is worth, that is consistent with this post. This could just be logical speculation though.

Reactions: Yak

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What's scary about M. Tkachuk ending up in St-Louis is how it would probably make Brady seriously consider joining him there after his seemingly inevitable bridge deal expires in a couple years.

Marc Methot didn’t want to play in Canada because of taxes so it’s a real thing.

we have a chance to actually do something special with these players but if you can’t afford it you can’t afford it - and if you can’t afford it it’s not possible.

This rebuild made promises to the fanbase that “all the players are staying” - now the players are asking for ownership to honour this commitment so they can stick together and win - and that’s the sticking point.

this isn’t if there’s enough money for Brady, it’s about if there’s enough money to pay for this rebuild and will ownership sign its key pieces long term so these guys can take a shot at it. and to me looking in from the outside - if Brady has his doubts with that family history about the future and retaining the key players - I’ll also have my doubts - until shown otherwise

Reactions: Rodzilla

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Marc Methot didn’t want to play in Canada because of taxes so it’s a real thing.

we have a chance to actually do something special with these players but if you can’t afford it you can’t afford it - and if you can’t afford it it’s not possible.

This rebuild made promises to the fanbase that “all the players are staying” - now the players are asking for ownership to honour this commitment so they can stick together and win - and that’s the sticking point.

this isn’t if there’s enough money for Brady, it’s about if there’s enough money to pay for this rebuild and will ownership sign its key pieces long term so these guys can take a shot at it. and to me looking in from the outside - if Brady has his doubts with that family history about the future and retaining the key players - I’ll also have my doubts - until shown otherwise

...when did they promise all the players are staying?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
For what it is worth, that is consistent with this post. This could just be logical speculation though.

I can’t imagine why Matthew would be open to any US city, which really means just not a CDN city ..… get ready for a Brady bridge.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Pierre Dorion quote “all the players in this rebuild are staying” - it’s on google
“That’s part of the rebuild. We feel when those players are in their prime we’re going to be a contending Cup team,” Dorion said at a late afternoon news conference at the Canadian Tire Centre. “All of these players are going to be part of this rebuild.

The bolded part is not quite what you said.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The bolded part is not quite what you said.

He also said this in that article so we can split hairs, but:

“What’s encouraging is all of these players are going to be in the prime of their careers and we have no intentions of moving any of them. They are going to be here. I don’t know what else to tell you: We have to tell our fans to be patient, but the pot of gold at the end of rainbow.”

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He also said this in that article so we can split hairs, but:

“What’s encouraging is all of these players are going to be in the prime of their careers and we have no intentions of moving any of them. They are going to be here. I don’t know what else to tell you: We have to tell our fans to be patient, but the pot of gold at the end of rainbow.”

No organization works in finite statements like “we will keep every player”. Players needs to be moved, traded to benefit an org.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa fans like to add in their own quotes to the FYOUS storyline.
Here's the exact quote, take from it what you will, the context is Mendes discussing fans worrying about after seeing Stone, Duchene and Karlsson leaving and the perception it was about money, what happens when Chabot, Tkachuk, Brannstrom ect are up for homerun big deals in their prime.

In this rebuild, all these players are staying. You heard the commitments from Mr. Melnyk himself. When those players get to their prime, we will be spending to the cap for that amount of time

http://cloud.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/71263/4-4.mp3

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Here's the exact quote, take from it what you will, the context is Mendes discussing fans worrying about after seeing Stone, Duchene and Karlsson leaving and the perception it was about money, what happens when Chabot, Tkachuk, Brannstrom ect are up for homerun big deals in their prime.

http://cloud.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/186/71263/4-4.mp3

That may be accurate or perhaps a case of PD showing his side where he misspeaks a bit when live. Personally I think it’s likely they spend “close” to the cap and maybe peak out for 1-2 years which fits EM’s original quote.

That should cover extensions to everyone up to Stutzle/Sanderson and after that Brady may have UFA etc.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
So our 21 year old defenseman who was on pace to score 35-40 pts in an 82 game season while averaging 17mins a night is expendable??

I get it we have sanderson coming up but maybe DJ is letting the kid learn how to play D on his strong side before moving him over or maybe theyll move sanderson over. There is no reason to move this kid. He can become a top 4 D easily if he cleans up his D a bit. He is 21 you need to expect some mistakes back there. Everyone on this forum is WAY to hard on the kid who is only 21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad