Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
What does a trade for M. Tkachuk even look like. He's only got, what, one year left at 9mil a year before he's a UFA. So he's a 9 million dollar rental unless he is being traded to STL.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That may be accurate or perhaps a case of PD showing his side where he misspeaks a bit when live. Personally I think it’s likely they spend “close” to the cap and maybe peak out for 1-2 years which fits EM’s original quote.

That should cover extensions to everyone up to Stutzle/Sanderson and after that Brady may have UFA etc.
I wasn't really worried about the distinction of close to the cap vs to the cap, just to the claim that fans add their own quotes to the FYOUS story. Dorion definitely said what he said, that's not Ottawa fans making up quotes. Now, if you want to suggest he mis-spoke, or interpret to the cap in a broader sense, that's fine. Don't think anyone believes to the cap meant exactly to the dollar anyways, teams often leave space to allow for deadline acquisitions that may or may not come to fruition anyways. I'm sure all these players are staying doesn't mean we won't make hockey trades either.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What does a trade for M. Tkachuk even look like. He's only got, what, one year left at 9mil a year before he's a UFA. So he's a 9 million dollar rental unless he is being traded to STL.
2 years remaining prior to UFA, either a sign and trade, or a team risking a 9 million dollar Q.O after this coming season and then a trade at the deadline

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
2 years remaining prior to UFA, either a sign and trade, or a team risking a 9 million dollar Q.O after this coming season and then a trade at the deadline

Thanks for the correction. I guess two years boosts his value quite a bit but still pretty rough if you dont at least have an agreement in principle to something beyond 22-23.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wasn't really worried about the distinction of close to the cap vs to the cap, just to the claim that fans add their own quotes to the FYOUS story. Dorion definitely said what he said, that's not Ottawa fans making up quotes. Now, if you want to suggest he mis-spoke, or interpret to the cap in a broader sense, that's fine. Don't think anyone believes to the cap meant exactly to the dollar anyways, teams often leave space to allow for deadline acquisitions that may or may not come to fruition anyways. I'm sure all these players are staying doesn't mean we won't make hockey trades either.

That's fair - there are a couple sets of quotes out there … I think the original prepared quote of “we plan to spend close to the cap” is the most realistic expectation.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Also of note is that his salary this upcoming season is a full $9m with no signing bonus.

Assen na yo!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's fair - there are a couple sets of quotes out there … I think the original prepared quote of “we plan to spend close to the cap” is the most realistic expectation.
Well it's ambiguous, so it's realistic in that you can interpret it to suit whatever you feel like realistic is.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Fans will understand the Cap if we can't afford everyone - but they have to sodden to get there first and none of this cloak and dagger insurance pay out / LTIR list thing Ottawa does.

Real dollars for real players and close to the cap everyone will be happy with

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Geepers it seems like I touched a nerve. I'll try and be less obtuse, but I sure hope Dorion makes a trade soon so everyone can back off the ledge.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Does Gaudreau play RW? LW is probably our strongest position right?

I dont understand this organization if this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad