Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
They made it sound like they were looking for an established top 4 guy.
But how about a much cheaper option with little risk? Unlikely I know. But I’d like to see Wolanin get in some games somewhere.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Anyone think Weber would be an outstanding fit on the RS for 2 or 3 years?
$6 million this year, $6 next year, then $3 million, then $1 million last 2 years.
$7.8 million cap hit.

Chabot Weber
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Zaitsev

Yes pls. We are one of few team who could easily handle that cap hit for a few years, he won’t command much given his age and cap hit.
Do you want him? What would give up for him?
I think you get him for a good but not great prospect and a 2nd but what the F do I know...

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
$6 million this year, $6 next year, then $3 million, then $1 million last 2 years.
$7.8 million cap hit.

Chabot Weber
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Zaitsev

Yes pls. We are one of few team who could easily handle that cap hit for a few years, he won’t command much given his age and cap hit.
I think you get him for a good but not great prospect and a 2nd but what the F do I know...
I’d take him in a heartbeat but it would cost a ton.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
$7.8 million cap hit.

Chabot Weber
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Zaitsev

I'd be ok with it. Weber is a veteran who could still actually make a contribution and provide leadership, unlike some of Ottawa's other recent additions.

Reactions: aragorn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Wonder if a Zaitsev for Weber swap would make sense for both teams.

Would open up 3.3M in cap space for Montreal. We'd get a better RD (at least for now) with the same cost (9M) as Zaitsev in salary over the next 2YRs, with an average of 1M for the remaining 3YRs of his deal, if he decides to continue playing and doesn't retire.

Don't think it makes much sense to acquire him without Zaitsev going the other way. Zub looks like a long-term piece at RD on the 2nd/3rd pair and JBD is coming up through the pipeline too.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
$7.8 million cap hit.

Chabot Weber
Sanderson Zub
Brannstrom Zaitsev

I hadn’t watched him much until the other night when he netted 2 goals. The guy has a hard shot!

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
That would be worth looking at imo. Have not watched Vilardi this year... any body watch him recently?

Kings fans love Vilardi. After all his injury issues he's just rounding back into form. Would be crazy for them to move him right now. His ceiling is sky high. Top line upside.

Kempe is a guy I'd personally target if he was available

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Wonder if a Zaitsev for Weber swap would make sense for both teams.

Would open up 3.3M in cap space for Montreal. We'd get a better RD (at least for now) with the same cost (9M) as Zaitsev in salary over the next 2YRs, with an average of 1M for the remaining 3YRs of his deal, if he decides to continue playing and doesn't retire.

Don't think it makes much sense to acquire him without Zaitsev going the other way. Zub looks like a long-term piece at RD on the 2nd/3rd pair and JBD is coming up through the pipeline too.

I've been pushing this for awhile, but I'd love to see us go after Ryan Pulock. Young enough that he fits with our core group and he would be a really great partner for Chabot. The Islanders have young guys they need to re-sign but they have zero cap space right now. If we try and take Ladd off their hands at the same time it would become a much more viable trade.

NYI:
Pulock
Ladd (with the intention of a buyout)

OTT:
2021 unprotected 1st (the biggest piece we'd give up, probably will end up a top 3 pick)
Thomson/Kleven (would probably end up being Kleven who's more of a Lou Lamoriello type defenseman)

We'd maybe have to add another pick/prospect, but this would be the starting point. It would set our D up for the foreseeable future, with the ideal line up looking something like:

Chabot - Pulock
Sanderson - JBD
Brannstrom - Zaitsev/Zub

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
I'm not sure I'd give up a top 3 pick for pulock. If our first is going to be traded, it needs to be for a bonafide #1C who is on the proper side of their prime IMO (although we'd need to add to the pick to get one of those). I also don't trust dorion and co to make that trade, so I hope like hell we just don't do it.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Islanders just traded Toews. Why would they move Pulock who based on the way I've seen Isles fans talk is one of their top D.

I bet they buy out guys rather than move Pulock. Stranger things have happened tho. Id love having him here. Just can't see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hale The Villain

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Islanders just traded Toews. Why would they move Pulock who based on the way I've seen Isles fans talk if one of their top D.

I bet they buy out guys rather than move Pulock. Stranger things have happened tho. Id love having him here. Just can't see it.

Yeah I think the dream of getting Pulock died with the Toews trade and the Boychuk LTIRing.

Dorion missed his chance at adding a young top 4 D for cheap when Toews went to Colorado for a couple late 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad