Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
You mean, ask Stepan to buy a 5 million dollar plane ticket?
If I’m the sens I try to trade him if not then I guess he has to decide to play or go home ?

waivers won’t work cause no one would take him without retention imo

there aren’t many options here he might just have to suck it up and play

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I mean if he really wants to go home can’t they just both agree to terminate his contract ?
Yeah it would be dumb to just let a guy sit because his heart is not in it. If nobody wanted him/he didn’t get picked up, he should terminate his contract or just let the two months or so play out

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If I’m the sens I try to trade him if not then I guess he has to decide to play or go home ?

waivers won’t work cause no one would take him without retention imo

there aren’t many options here he might just have to suck it up and play

He's a sunk cost.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Why didn’t Stepan just opt out? Wouldn’t his contract carry over until next season? It seems odd that this took him by surprise. (I realize he would have had to opt out back in December)
Or why doesn’t he bring his family to Ottawa? That makes no sense to me. Miss your family? Bring them here. He’s allowed.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We need another defenceman. What could we offer to land a legit 3/4 guy?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

if i knew the player we would get would play over gudbranson instead of zub/wolanin/bran i would be all for it

that being said i would consider trading wolanin + pieces for a long term young defensive piece.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i wonder if we could do stepan (retained) for bonino + 2nd/3rd

stepan has slightly better production (shockingly), bonino can win draws but thats really it so with retained salary and better production we might be able to get a 2nd back, maybe a 3rd

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
i wonder if we could do stepan (retained) for bonino + 2nd/3rd

stepan has slightly better production (shockingly), bonino can win draws but thats really it so with retained salary and better production we might be able to get a 2nd back, maybe a 3rd

I'd say there's very little chance we get Bonino in return for Stepan, and definitely not with a pick on top

I also dont think we should be limiting our market to Minnesota or Arizona. Send him to the States and that's good enough. We can make things easier for him, but there's the fact that he's a pro athlete in a major global pandemic. He might not be able to make no sacrifices and get exactly what he wants.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Gotcha, i havent watched bonino in a bit so was definitely glancing at paper stats when proposing that
He seems like he's struggled thus far in Minnesota but he's been a very good 3C for the past several years, even if his 4.1m caphit isn't necessarily a steal. He's had bad puck luck this season and he's typically a guy who slightly outperforms league average PDO, so that should come around before too long. Great on faceoffs, too, as you said. Trading him for Stepan would be a massive downgrade on paper for MIN, even if we can save them 800k.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It's funny seeing everyone on the mainboards asking about Logan Brown as a throw in to get rid of Stepan.

Hmmmmm, hard pass.

As a team, we have no real urgent incentive to get rid of Stepan. Obviously you want to make things easy on the player and do right by him, but we shouldn't be enduring much additional cost beyond $ and the sunk cost of the 2nd.

Reactions: TheDebater

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
He seems like he's struggled thus far in Minnesota but he's been a very good 3C for the past several years, even if his 4.1m caphit isn't necessarily a steal. He's had bad puck luck this season and he's typically a guy who slightly outperforms league average PDO, so that should come around before too long. Great on faceoffs, too, as you said. Trading him for Stepan would be a massive downgrade on paper for MIN, even if we can save them 800k.

I'd aim for Jay Beagle, personally. With him, given that he has a year remaining on his deal and Vancouver really needs to clear space for next year, maybe we could get a 3rd or 4th.

the issue with vancouver is that its not the states. While i wasnt looking strictly at minny or arizona i figure with Pierre dorion and his need for people to like him will try and make sure he goes to the states somewhere

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
the issue with vancouver is that its not the states. While i wasnt looking strictly at minny or arizona i figure with Pierre dorion and his need for people to like him will try and make sure he goes to the states somewhere
I just was coming back to edit that, total brain fart. Last night was red wine night.

I do think we should do right by Stepan and send him to the States, even if I don't like him lol.

Who were the teams interested in Deangelo, again? Maybe there's a three-way deal there.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I just was coming back to edit that, total brain fart. Last night was red wine night.

I do think we should do right by Stepan and send him to the States, even if I don't like him lol.

Who were the teams interested in Deangelo, again? Maybe there's a three-way deal there.

Calgary and Detroit are the two teams I am remembering. I believe there were four

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Chabot, Zaitsev
Brannstrom, Zub
Wolanin, Gudbranson or Reilly

I’m comfortable with that D corps. JBD, Thomson and Sanderson are on the way.

If all they do is aim for bottom of the roster players, they're probably better off not trading away assets for little to no gain (especially long term gain). The COVID economic situation was ripe for the picking, yet they did what they did. Cleverness is good, but patience is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad