Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Would you trade any of Norris, Batherson or Formenton for a 2nd + a prospect?

Because Cirelli is that calibre a young player, and unlike our guys, he's already proven that he can have an impact at the NHL level.
Cirelli will likely get a bridge. I expect Killeen and Johnson to be sacrificed.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Would you trade any of Norris, Batherson or Formenton for a 2nd + a prospect?

Because Cirelli is that calibre a young player, and unlike our guys, he's already proven that he can have an impact at the NHL level.

What if the prospect he was refering to was a guy like Formenton? Need more info than "+ a prospect" to evaluate the proposal.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Even if the Lightning trade Cernak, Killorn, Paquette and Coburn (who has a full NTC) without taking any salary back, they'll have 13.13M to sign Cirelli and Sergachev and fill out the following roster spots:

Coleman - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Stamkos - Johnson
Goodrow - Cirelli - Gourde
??????? - ??????? - ???????
???????

Hedman - Sergachev
McDonagh - ???????
??????? - ???????
???????

Vasilevskiy
McElhinney

Hard to see them being able to make that work, even with Sergachev and Cirelli taking bridge deals.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I would try to trade Tierney at the draft if we could acquire Killorn for a couple 2nds.

Could replace Pageau's influence and fits the mold of this team, he's under contract for 3 more years and I doubt the Lightning would be able to get market value with teams knowing their cap situation. He'd be a great pickup and could bring some leadership. Extremely smart guy as well, went to Harvard. He even speaks french. He'd be a good model for White and would compliment our team real well.

Last edited:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
kovalchuk is classic sign him then flip him if indeed it happens

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sure, why not... Who doesn't need a 37 year old one dimensional winger thats past his prime when rebuilding on a youth / work ethic m.o.

kovys rep has always been a hard working two way player. Sure he isn’t the same guy from New Jersey but a perfect vet to have on the team for a year or two

Reactions: Senator23

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ott: Wennberg (3 years @ $4.9 mil)
Korpisalo (2 years @ $2.8 mil)

CLB: 2nd round (CLB), 3rd Round, Gustavsson

kinda a salary dump for CLB, Wenneberg has bad stats but plays a lot which to me tells me he’s a Chris Kelly type that’s overpaid a bit.

Korpisalo gives you your Anderson / Lalime goalie who’s developed and ready to take a starting job and has good years ahead of them. Looked great in the playoffs

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah considering the Senators financial situation that didn't get any better with the covid, it's kind of doubtful we sign anybody, maybe a Ennis type but would be very surprised if more than that. And if they have any idea of what they're doing, they would also know that they need roster spots to put young players in a position to succeed. If they only have a 4th line spot where they rotate prospects for 3 games with Scott Auston Sabourin, then this rebuild is going NOWHERE FAST.

We'll see what happens with the 3rd OA but he'd have to really disappoint to be sent down or back to junior. We're talking about making a Senators rebuilding team here, not the Tampa Bay Lightning

I don't know about others but "Duclair is just spare change" sounds hyperbolic... He just turned 25 years old and did score 23 goals in 66 games last year, which is still a 29 goals pace over 82 games. If anything, he's a lesser Hoffman without the drama. At 24 years old, he already had 3 seasons where he scored or paced for more than 20 goals. Good news is he has been progressing in all facets of the game.

So IMO, he's the perfect guy to create offense from the 3rd line, not too expensive but really fast and can create offense on his own. Duclair-White-Brown is a 3rd line I hope would work.

At worst, he should be used as a 2-3 years stop gap until more young players find their offensive game in the NHL. The question is will he be ok signing a 2-3 years deal at a reasonable cost?

I'd like to get Cirelli but not trading Norris. If I'm trading him, it'd have to be in a package for a young star on a sweetheart deal.

Cirelli is all kind of good, but Norris will be too very soon.

Yeah I absolutely love Tuch but he would or should cost significantly more than that. If he's available, I'm even ready to give the Isles 1st and our 2nd.

Pretty much how I feel too. I like Duclair, particularly for his speed which makes the rest of this team look slow. I want to see Norris some more before trading him. Tuch would be a nice addition but I doubt this team wants to pay his high salary. I will be surprised if the Senators do not trade for some LTIR type players to get to the cap while paying low salaries.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah, it's a bit unfair because there are plenty of 6'2 guys out there who score lots of points and no one accuses them of "not using their size".

Once you get up to 6'4, 6'5, you are expected to hit everything in sight.

I'm not saying that Byfield couldn't use his size better, but he may not ever be a physical player. Being physical is much more of a mental discipline than a physical one IMO.

Sometimes it's about being able to simply stand your ground (e.g. in front of the net) or keep the puck away with your reach.

I don’t think big guys at 6’4” need to hit everything. BUT they need to do something very well to make me like them such as: maintain puck control by using their size, be a great setup machine assisting others in scoring goals, score a lot of goals themselves, play a strong defensive game, or be a policeman. Being big is not enough. :)

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
upload_2020-9-24_15-40-14.png

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad