Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Sounds like the Kovalchuk thing was made up, no one from TSN 1200 seems to know who even said it. Same thing happened last week with TSN 1200 apparently saying that Ottawa would be interested in Galchenyuk yet the sound bite was nowhere on TSN.ca.

I’m confused as to how NHL news Instagram pages keep reporting stuff TSN 1200 isn’t saying.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m taking Connor Brown over Josh Anderson. Instead of wasting a 1st + on a guy who can barely get 10 points, the Sens should go hard after Laine.

Connor Brown is the safe bet, but if Anderson returns to form after fully recovering, he's the far better player. Just imagine if he bounces back to his ~27 g 50 pts form, having Tkachuk and Anderson on the same line, potentially with Byfield down the middle.

Lots of risk in acquiring Anderson, but with 13 draft picks this year, we can afford to take the risk if we so chose. I'd say it's definitely worth exploring, though my preference is probably moving up from 28 to try and grab Zary, Perreult or Reichel.

Reactions: Sweatred

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sounds like the Kovalchuk thing was made up, no one from TSN 1200 seems to know who even said it. Same thing happened last week with TSN 1200 apparently saying that Ottawa would be interested in Galchenyuk yet the sound bite was nowhere on TSN.ca.

I’m confused as to how NHL news Instagram pages keep reporting stuff TSN 1200 isn’t saying.

Shit that Galchenyuk thing was made up? Was hopping we would get him

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

They are looking for follows. Attaching a source to it gives recognition they do not have, the message gets passed around and because people take take it at face value they gain followers.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'd take Anderson for a couple 2nd round picks or something but probably wouldn't want to give up a 1st. He's a beast when he's in form but also goes through stretches where he's completely useless

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If we're paying to acquire a young forward, let it be Tuch please.

Tkachuk-Byfield-Tuch might be a thing of beauty, wheels size and skill

I would much rather give Rudolf Balcers a full season to prove himself rather than paying soon 27 years old Galchenyuk to do the same mistakes over and over again.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Who's the guy that can barely get 10 points?!

I think its supposed to be Josh Anderson which is a stupid argument to make considering he had horrific luck last year. He shot 1.6% and his career shooting percentage is 10.5%. If he even shot at his playoff shooting percentage of 7% he would have gotten a few more goals and his point production as a whole wouldnt look as bad. Dont get me wrong i would love to get him on a bargain lol but its a stupid argument to make

Reactions: Boud

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The boys on overdrive were thinking someone like Ottawa should offersheet Anthony Cirelli

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Do players typically reject offer sheets? It seems to be they've historically ended up signing them with the expectation that their current team will match the offer.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Do players typically reject offer sheets? It seems to be they've historically ended up signing them with the expectation that their current team will match the offer.
No last year Marner refuse to sign and other too. I think M.Tkachuk refuse too

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I don't often envoke the "have you really watched this guy" comment by prior to this season it's hard to imagine anyone having to think long about which player was more valuable. I say that as somebody who really likes Beiwn and what he brings too, but i feel like your comparison only make any sense if one looks exclusively at box scores. Even at that, his box score from the previous 2 seasons are very notable. 23 year old on a 25 g 40 pts pace in 2018 and 24 year old scoring 27 g and 47 pts all the while being a physical monster is pretty rare and valuable.

Anderson is a physical menace who scored at a 25 plus goals per 82 games the two seasons prior. He's a guy that was showing year to year progression 3 years running prior to his injury. He is a unique physical player that teams pay a premium for.

On the flip side, Brown saw his counting stats get worse each year with the leafs until our lack of depth thrust him into a bigger role. He's a prime candidate for inflated stats. I love his hustle and he is a solid two way player, but he simply doesn't bring the intangibles a healthy Anderson does.

I totally get not being interested in Anderson due to the associated risk caused by his injury/poor season, but if he is healthy he is absolutely the kind of player every team would kill for. As it stands, i think we'd be lucky to get him for 28th OA, anything less and clb is better off just hoping he bounces back because if he does he's worth 28th and then some.
Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't take Anderson on this team but the thought of giving up anything even close to first round value for him sounds pretty suspect to me as far as asset management.

Circling back to Brown, he played on a defensively flawed team in Toronto. He put up his best career stats this year despite playing on a basement team and getting 60% dZS. I'd be more inclined to favour Brown's consistency over the uncertainty of what you get with Anderson. Even if his "overall package of skills" is more attractive it's such a crapshoot what you're getting. I mean there's gotta be a reason Columbus has put this guy on the trade block.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hey, I'm not saying I wouldn't take Anderson on this team but the thought of giving up anything even close to first round value for him sounds pretty suspect to me as far as asset management.

Circling back to Brown, he played on a defensively flawed team in Toronto. He put up his best career stats this year despite playing on a basement team and getting 60% dZS. I'd be more inclined to favour Brown's consistency over the uncertainty of what you get with Anderson. Even if his "overall package of skills" is more attractive it's such a crapshoot what you're getting. I mean there's gotta be a reason Columbus has put this guy on the trade block.

Like I said, Anderson is a risky proposition as it stands, my contention was your claim that "there's 1 season of play in his career so far that justifies a second round pick". Prior to this season, he absolutely showed more value than a 2nd round pick, heck, even looking at his 16-17 season where he had 17 goals and 29 pts in a limited role playing 12 mins a night as a 22 year old he would have easily justified a 2nd round pick based on his combination of physical play and scoring.

And again, it is common for players to put up career years when their role increases, Brown went from being on the 3rd line to top 6, basement team or not there's a high chance a player will have career numbers with that role change. He was getting 5 mins more icetime a night, including a big bump in his role on the PP.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
What makes you think that? The only offer sheets I can remember recently are O'Reilly, Penner, Vanek, Aho. The vast majority don't sign them.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

While extremely realistic for our current situation and not attacking the post at all, its beyond depressing to me as a fan that this is the type of player were "hoping" to get, may as well just hit the lights at this point lol

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
With Dreger and Lebrun confirming Laine is on the market, I wonder if were in on him.

Said CBJ MTL and Carolina have talked but nothing came out of it.

We just get rid of a 7m cap and have the pieces to get him, need goal scoring as well.

Reactions: senswon

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
With Dreger and Lebrun confirming Laine is on the market, I wonder if were in on him.

We just get rid of a 7m cap and have the pieces to get him, need goal scoring as well.

you know he needs a contract extension right

Reactions: Upgrayedd

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yes after next season

i think that answers the question then tbh. I personally would go after someone safer contract wise since I would not be surprised if laine demands 7.5+. If we are talking jets i rather ehlers for that reason. We know what his contract is going to be and a much lower chance to melnyk the situation it up

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Jets need D in return so I don’t see what we could send their way. Carolina makes the most sense by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad