Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
That’s like an Oreo, hard on both sides with a soft middle.

Or a reverse Oreo, depending on how else you wanna frame it. I’d have to take a shower after watching those 3 dominate down low. Imagine being the D man who looks at the white board, and knows he has to contend with that for 20 minutes a game.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Talking to a Bolts fan. Norris and Isles 1st for Cirelli. Who says no
Norris is almost untouchable for me. The only way I'd be okay with trading him is in a package for a top pairing RHD, or a first line forward.

Also, no offense to Cirelli, but I'd be hesitant to trade for a sheltered Tampa player, particularly because that Conacher trade still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. (Disclaimer: I honestly haven't watched Cirelli enough).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think we just need a steady physical two way dman

For free agents there is Tanev Hamonic Gudas and Bogosian. Byfuglien, if he wants to come back, would be a good fit here

If we are trading big assets go for a top 6 forward imo
Hamonic could be a terrific fit. This is probably the most logical and best idea ive seen in this thread. He is also only 30 years old. Steady veteran RD that can actually still play and get around the ice pretty well. Would be a good partner for Chabot, Wolanin or Brannstrom. Common PD this is the move, not Hainsey.
Norris is almost untouchable for me. The only way I'd be okay with trading him is in a package for a top pairing RHD, or a first line forward.

Also, no offense to Cirelli, but I'd be hesitant to trade for a sheltered Tampa player, particularly because that Conacher trade still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. (Disclaimer: I honestly haven't watched Cirelli enough).
Uhhhh, if there is one thing about Cirelli he isnt sheltered. Yikes.... He literally is their matchup guy and is used against all the other teams top players, he got selke votes.

Id do Norris and 28th for him. If they can get him for Norris and 33 even better.
Yes he is. I want him at 3 for his skill and size but he is not physical in the least.
Did you go to any of the 67's home games in the playoffs against Sudbury? He certainly wasnt soft in those games. He literally took a few penalties being overly physical. Was a beast on the back check with back pressure too. I think youre confusing inconsistent with soft on this one. In the reg season he hasnt been at his best every night but that wasnt because he plays a soft game thats just effort game in game out. Which is a legitimate question mark and why he isnt competing for number one and why its a debate he is number 2. However his compete level when it mattered most was terrific.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hamonic could be a terrific fit. This is probably the most logical and best idea ive seen in this thread. He is also only 30 years old. Steady veteran RD that can actually still play and get around the ice pretty well. Would be a good partner for Chabot, Wolanin or Brannstrom. Common PD this is the move, not Hainsey.

Uhhhh, if there is one thing about Cirelli he isnt sheltered. Yikes.... He literally is their matchup guy and is used against all the other teams top players, he got selke votes.

Id do Norris and 28th for him. If they can get him for Norris and 33 even better.

Did you go to any of the 67's home games in the playoffs against Sudbury? He certainly wasnt soft in those games. He literally took a few penalties being overly physical. Was a beast on the back check with back pressure too. I think youre confusing inconsistent with soft on this one. In the reg season he hasnt been at his best every night but that wasnt because he plays a soft game thats just effort game in game out. Which is a legitimate question mark and why he isnt competing for number one and why its a debate he is number 2. However his compete level when it mattered most was terrific.
I was out of town that spring but last season Byfield played soft in my opinion. I still want him at 3 because his skills and speed are excellent.

Reactions: Sweatred

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Wasn't Hamonic the one that left to be closer to family out west? I don't think he is coming here if he has any say.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
1, his upside is higher imo, 2, that friendship factor with Brady is something people laugh at, but I think is valuable.
I don't think Norris has the same upside, but I also think we could get Cirelli without giving up Norris.

The friends part, couldn't agree more. I could see those two playing on a line together for 10+ years. They've been best friends for a while, and that definitely matters to both them and the team.

So 5OA + Lassi and two cap dumps. Close but I like Lassi more than most.
Colin White is still farrrr from a cap dump. Still reminds me of a Clarke MacArthur kinda winger, which still holds value. I think he's still a long term middle 6 option, and who cares about the next 3 years of his deal as the cap will not be an issue for us until we need to pay the 2020 picks. If he's a cap dump by then, it won't be too hard to offload his 2 remaining years.

That trade is not good though, I don't think Ekblad is worth 5OA alone, let alone adding Lassi, CW.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I don't think Norris has the same upside, but I also think we could get Cirelli without giving up Norris.

The friends part, couldn't agree more. I could see those two playing on a line together for 10+ years. They've been best friends for a while, and that definitely matters to both them and the team.

Colin White is still farrrr from a cap dump. Still reminds me of a Clarke MacArthur kinda winger, which still holds value. I think he's still a long term middle 6 option, and who cares about the next 3 years of his deal as the cap will not be an issue for us until we need to pay the 2020 picks. If he's a cap dump by then, it won't be too hard to offload his 2 remaining years.

That trade is not good though, I don't think Ekblad is worth 5OA alone, let alone adding Lassi, CW.

Honest question. Aside from our board's prospect hype and draft position, What is it about White that you see upside with what he's shown so far? (Not trying to be an ass), but I thought he looked impressive during a warmup against the Caps this year, but during 90% of the games he's played, he's always been a ghost to me. He doesn't make anyone better, and is a passenger, he gets credit for a sound D game, but even that's a stretch, we're just holding onto hope because he's youngish, imo he should be moved as to me he's just falling down the depth chart, everything about him is so underwhelming to me. Once and awhile he has a nice release, but it's a rare sight.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Honest question. Aside from our board's prospect hype and draft position, What is it about White that you see upside with what he's shown so far? (Not trying to be an ass), but I thought he looked impressive during a warmup against the Caps this year, but during 90% of the games he's played, he's always been a ghost to me. He doesn't make anyone better, and is a passenger, he gets credit for a sound D game, but even that's a stretch, we're just holding onto hope because he's youngish, imo he should be moved as to me he's just falling down the depth chart, everything about him is so underwhelming to me. Once and awhile he has a nice release, but it's a rare sight.

I doubt anyone sees him worth much more than a 4th. I always thought Minny would be a good target to inject some youth into their roster. White + for Dumba please.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That roster projection looks just about right to me, given the financial situation, NHL level contracts signed, etc.. I suspect that there will only be 13 forwards on the team, not 14. I also think that the fight for the 4 center spots will be between Tierney, Anisimov, Norris, Chlapik, and L. Brown with the 3rd OA being sent back/down. I suspect that Balcers will beat out Hawyluk for a spot.

Yeah considering the Senators financial situation that didn't get any better with the covid, it's kind of doubtful we sign anybody, maybe a Ennis type but would be very surprised if more than that. And if they have any idea of what they're doing, they would also know that they need roster spots to put young players in a position to succeed. If they only have a 4th line spot where they rotate prospects for 3 games with Scott Auston Sabourin, then this rebuild is going NOWHERE FAST.

We'll see what happens with the 3rd OA but he'd have to really disappoint to be sent down or back to junior. We're talking about making a Senators rebuilding team here, not the Tampa Bay Lightning

If anything I think it’s a little light on our part. Duclair is just spare change.

I don't know about others but "Duclair is just spare change" sounds hyperbolic... He just turned 25 years old and did score 23 goals in 66 games last year, which is still a 29 goals pace over 82 games. If anything, he's a lesser Hoffman without the drama. At 24 years old, he already had 3 seasons where he scored or paced for more than 20 goals. Good news is he has been progressing in all facets of the game.

So IMO, he's the perfect guy to create offense from the 3rd line, not too expensive but really fast and can create offense on his own. Duclair-White-Brown is a 3rd line I hope would work.

At worst, he should be used as a 2-3 years stop gap until more young players find their offensive game in the NHL. The question is will he be ok signing a 2-3 years deal at a reasonable cost?

Talking to a Bolts fan. Norris and Isles 1st for Cirelli. Who says no

I'd like to get Cirelli but not trading Norris. If I'm trading him, it'd have to be in a package for a young star on a sweetheart deal.

Cirelli is all kind of good, but Norris will be too very soon.

What would people think about trying to get Tuch from Vegas?

I'd move our early second round for him if Vegas is trying to clear cap space for Pietrangelo. He's under contract for the next 5 years at a reasonable $4.75 mil which will be low enough that if we want to move him a few years down the line it will be relatively easy to do so.

Having C. Brown, Tuch, and Batherson on RW would be a solid core to build around + any RW we may draft this year (Raymond :naughty:). Tuch also has the playoff experience from Vegas which would be nice to have as the Sens start competing again.

Yeah I absolutely love Tuch but he would or should cost significantly more than that. If he's available, I'm even ready to give the Isles 1st and our 2nd.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Not only that, but should we take the RISK to piss off Brady Tkachuk by trading his best buddy?

Agree with pretty much everything you said, if I'm the Senators I'm rolling the dices by drafting 2 elite prospects at #3 and #5. Remember, this draft class is very very good, particularly in the top-12 and 2nd round depht. That's awesome because we pick 9 times in the first 70 picks...

Why trade the #5 for Ekblad when we could possibly draft Drysdale with that pick? Not that Ekblad is too old or isn't good but he already has been paid. You'd have 3 years of ELC with Drysdale and he would fit the developing generation a bit better

What would be a fair trade for Erik Cernak?

I see a lot of posts asking about the Bolts good young players but that's not what Tampa will do. It's guys like Gourde, Palat, Tyler Johnson and Killorn that will be moved, maybe even McDonagh.

I'm 99.99% sure that Tyler Johnson won't play for Tampa next year.

Colin White has struggled for half a season in his sophomore season and some are already prepared to "dump him". Trading players while their value is at their lowest is also very bad asset management. And if you're not being more patient with young players, you're going to end up with several Zibanejad situations even if in his case it took a long time before truly breaking out. Not saying Colin White will break out in that fashion (and really don't think we'll need that) but I can see him being a strong 3rd line 2-way forward averaging 40-50 pts, so more like he did in his rookie year. That's the contract he was signed for.

Himself and the team surely don't expect him to become much more than that, certainly not a 60+ pts player because if not, he wouldn't have signed at 4.75 x 6 years contract. If he had 1st line potential, that would have been very stupid on his agent's part.

I doubt anyone sees him worth much more than a 4th. I always thought Minny would be a good target to inject some youth into their roster. White + for Dumba please.

A 4th? What is a 4th? A 4th round pick? :laugh:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Not only that, but should we take the RISK to piss off Brady Tkachuk by trading his best buddy?

Agree with pretty much everything you said, if I'm the Senators I'm rolling the dices by drafting 2 elite prospects at #3 and #5. Remember, this draft class is very very good, particularly in the top-12 and 2nd round depht. That's awesome because we pick 9 times in the first 70 picks...

Why trade the #5 for Ekblad when we could possibly draft Drysdale with that pick? Not that Ekblad is too old or isn't good but he already has been paid. You'd have 3 years of ELC with Drysdale and he would fit the developing generation a bit better

I see a lot of posts asking about the Bolts good young players but that's not what Tampa will do. It's guys like Gourde, Palat, Tyler Johnson and Killorn that will be moved, maybe even McDonagh.

I'm 99.99% sure that Tyler Johnson won't play for Tampa next year.

Colin White has struggled for half a season in his sophomore season and some are already prepared to "dump him". Trading players while their value is at their lowest is also very bad asset management. And if you're not being more patient with young players, you're going to end up with several Zibanejad situations even if in his case it took a long time before truly breaking out. Not saying Colin White will break out in that fashion (and really don't think we'll need that) but I can see him being a strong 3rd line 2-way forward averaging 40-50 pts, so more like he did in his rookie year. That's the contract he was signed for.

Himself and the team surely don't expect him to become much more than that, certainly not a 60+ pts player because if not, he wouldn't have signed at 4.75 x 6 years contract. If he had 1st line potential, that would have been very stupid on his agent's part.

A 4th? What is a 4th? A 4th round pick? :laugh:

Colin White has never been a strong defensive forward in the NHL or AHL. He is incredibly easy to play against. His "defensive" play is one of the most exaggerated elements of his game. If he improves his puck handling and passing he may stick as a top 6F. As it stands he is a dream match up for any 1st line in the NHL. That's why coach shields, protects, and avoids his line match ups and defensive starts.

No ... 4th means a 4th needle in the eye. No idea what a "round pick" is.

Reactions: robsenz

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wasn't Hamonic the one that left to be closer to family out west? I don't think he is coming here if he has any say.
He was yeah, but I think at that time in his career he had more power than he does now. I also remember it also being about wanting to be in Canada. But you guys are right he probably ends up in Winnipeg.

Reactions: Clayonator

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I was out of town that spring but last season Byfield played soft in my opinion. I still want him at 3 because his skills and speed are excellent.
Ok well I am sure you can watch the games they may change your opinion.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ott: Thatcher Demko
Van: 28th overall

Could solidify the Goalie position, will use a 2nd on a goalie anyways so maybe add a bit more and solve the goaltending long term. Still have your 33rd pick to get another piece.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ott: Thatcher Demko
Van: 28th overall

Could solidify the Goalie position, will use a 2nd on a goalie anyways so maybe add a bit more and solve the goaltending long term. Still have your 33rd pick to get another piece.

Seen this one a few times.

Their fans keep trying to throw Loui Eriksson in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad