Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Adding to the pain of this whole thing is reading Bruce Garrioch write about it. I know he’s got sources, but how he was hired based on journalistic merit I’ll never know.

It was great seeing Mike Johnston refuting Bruce's propaganda bullshit on the last TSN broadcast. It definitely caught him off guard. You could see he was surprised by the push back on "Question Period"

Reactions: Deku

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It was great seeing Mike Johnston refuting Bruce's propaganda bull**** on the last TSN broadcast. It definitely caught him off guard. You could see he was surprised by the push back on "Question Period"

I missed this was out of town, do you have a video or link? There is nothing more that i enjoy more than watching that snake squirm.

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So what does that translate to ...
I really like Pageau. IMO he is worth a late first.

Yip. Late first or a 2nd and B prospect. I wanted more since it's MTL and they are our rival. They seem to forget that we don't NEED to trade him. We'll trade him if the offer is enticing enough. A 3rd and Hudon is not even close to enticing.

Reactions: derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It was great seeing Mike Johnston refuting Bruce's propaganda bull**** on the last TSN broadcast. It definitely caught him off guard. You could see he was surprised by the push back on "Question Period"

Garrioch is just a mouthpiece for Dorion and Melnyk... So he is really refuting them.. Be awesome to have a job that pays you what Garrioch gets and you don't even have to think for yourself.

Reactions: Alex1234

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Curious what you guys think of this proposal:

Isles 1st, Kieffer Bellows and Sebastien Aho (the Swedish dman) for Stone

Aho is a really good player but alas we have a logjam at D, he should be in the NHL already if not for our overflow of D-Corps. Bellows is a former first rounder developing in the AHL, and a first is, well, a first.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Aho is a really good player but alas we have a logjam at D, he should be in the NHL already if not for our overflow of D-Corps. Bellows is a former first rounder developing in the AHL, and a first is, well, a first.

1st + Dobson no less for Stone

Reactions: Vprime and Alex1234

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Sens need RD... have lots of depth on LD. I bet we'd consider it if you switch Aho for Pulock or even Mayfield due to his contract

It's not a "blow me away" offer but I could see the final deal being similar to that tbh

Reactions: derriko and bert

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I am sure that Mike Johnston has been "spoken to" and this will probably not happen again.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens need RD... have lots of depth on LD. I bet we'd consider it if you switch Aho for Pulock or even Mayfield due to his contract

It's not a "blow me away" offer but I could see the final deal being similar to that tbh

Stone takes a team that has a little hope to make some noise in the playoffs ... like the Islanders and makes them very close to SC Cup contenders .. He is worth more

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

"Hey, are you guys interested in trading your best player for a late 1st round pick and two depth prospects that we won't miss in the least?"

... How exactly are you expecting us to respond to this?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I missed this was out of town, do you have a video or link? There is nothing more that i enjoy more than watching that snake squirm.

Sorry, looked and can't find anything on TSN.

Best bet is if you have an NHL.tv gamecentre subscription. You can just play that game and fast forward to the end of the 1st period.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
I am sure that Mike Johnston has been "spoken to" and this will probably not happen again.

Serious question: how much control do NHL teams actually have over limiting and/or banning media access? I keep reading about how media outlets won't ask tough questions due to supposedly being terrified of getting on Melnyk's bad side and thus losing access to the Senators, but wouldn't the NHL massively fine a team if they actually blocked media access, refused to let their players do interviews or answer questions etc?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Serious question: how much control do NHL teams actually have over limiting and/or banning media access? I keep reading about how media outlets won't ask tough questions due to supposedly being terrified of getting on Melnyk's bad side and thus losing access to the Senators, but wouldn't the NHL massively fine a team if they actually blocked media access, refused to let their players do interviews or answer questions etc?

If he covered the Sens almost exclusively, access (or free plane rides) could become a factor, I don't think they'd have any influence at all on Mike Johnson

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

If you don't think another team will beat that then I don't know what to tell you.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
"Hey, are you guys interested in trading your best player for a late 1st round pick and two depth prospects that we won't miss in the least?"

... How exactly are you expecting us to respond to this?
Bellows and Aho are good pieces, far from depth prospects.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
If you don't think another team will beat that then I don't know what to tell you.
Hey man, good luck. I didn't mean to low ball you guys, I can assure you that that is a good package. Aho is criminally underrated. Lets see what happens I guess. I don't doubt that with a bidding war you guys could get quite the haul.

Peace and love :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad