Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
He is not just a 3rd line, he is an extremely good matchup center capable of producing against and shutting down top competition.

Bonino and Hanzal to name a few got that as UFAs. It's where the market is for that kind of center. It will shock me if we are able to keep Pageau for any less than 4x4, and that's probably the absolute low end.
I'd pass... as I said, I love JGP but tying yourself to him for a long term would be a bad idea... at C we have enough with Tierney, Norris and Chalapik all capable of playing 3rd line C

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
If we’re trading Stone and Duchene it’s crazy to keep Pageau. I absolutely love him but there’s no point if we’re not contending.

He could bring us a 1st + so why not?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
From Bruce's latest speculation rehashed piece.

As for Dzingel, the Senators may decide to try to keep him after learning what Stone and Duchene are going to do, but there’s a good chance the 26-year-old winger will be moved, especially if he’s looking for a long-term deal in the $5.5-to-$6 million range as has been speculated.

“Pretty much any playoff team could use them,” a league executive said Sunday.

lol you might as well tell us that this is Pierre Dorion.

It's the same effect of naming "Individual 1" in the Mueller probe, we all know who that is.

The Winnipeg Jets, Nashville Predators, Calgary Flames, New York Islanders, Vegas Golden Knights, Minnesota Wild, Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins are among the teams that are going to be shopping.

Actually, just about put all the playoff contenders on this list because they’re all going to make a pitch. The Senators will likely want three pieces in return in separate deals for Stone and Duchene – including a first-round pick.

There are also lots of clubs looking for help on the blueline and teams have called about restricted free agent defenceman Cody Ceci

The asking price for Dzingel is believed to be a first-round selection.

WHAT WILL DORION DO? Trade deadline looms large for Ottawa Senators

Reactions: DJB

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
@danielpalfredsson, sorry forgot about this one.

Fisher wasn't a rental, played a more important position, and was more established.

One thing going against Dzingel is that he has never come close to these 30/60 numbers before. I think that's depressing the market for him. GMs don't want to give up a 1st for a rental and be worried he's going to regress to the norm after the trade, defeating the purpose.

I don't think Fisher is a good comparable. I think we should get a 1st for Dzingel, but it would not surprise me if we don't with how crowded this market supposedly is. Evander Kane only got a 2nd+a prospect last TDL. It became a 1st conditionally because he re-signed. I could see a scenario like that play out.

I dunno if I expressed myself wrongly but I was comparing Fisher's return and what I am expecting in terms of trade value for Dzingel. He's younger and is currently having quite the offensive season, which offsets the fact that Fisher had term left. Getting him to a 5 years contract wouldn't be a idea for the team acquiring IMO.

Looking at my initial post, it looks pretty clear to me that I was comparing what Fisher returned and what I am expecting for Dzingel.

I'm thinking Dzingel value should be what Fisher was traded for in 2011 (1st + conditional 2nd or 3rd). Fisher was older though (30) but had 2 years left at 4.2 (which would be like 5.6 today)

Another point I'd make is that Fisher's pro-rated cap hit is what I think Dzingel should get on his next contract (~5.5 per)​

Guys this close to UFA won't do a sign and trade. No way. That's like getting the first 6 numbers right in the lotto, and cashing in before the last ball drops.

Sorry but what does it change to be close to UFA or not when you're getting traded? Is it not the way it always happened? I can't remember though because it's been a long time IIRC. Usually it's just a trade and sign because the parties concerned can agree upon before the trade, like in the Turris deal for example; traded on November 5th and signed to an extension the same day.

Do you really want to send Ceci to Tampa so he can win a cup? Send him somewhere else.

Ceci would play 18-19 mins a night in Tampa, behind Hedman, McDonagh, Stralman and Sergachev (going forward). He would also play in a well coached team, an excellent system where players have more structure and cohesion. I think he'd make a lot people look foolish very fast, particularly on this board. Nothing earth shattering but he would be much more comfortable in a role that he is more suited for, instead of being the most used shutdown D-man of the NHL.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Trade deadline is coming up soon. What is Dorion currently working on? Signing Duchene, Dzingel and Stone? Trading them? Both? Or perhaps he’s just letting the situation play out. Really hard to say.

Last edited:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Welcome to another week of "no really guys, something's actually going to happen...we mean it this time!"

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Dreger be like "We should get some closure on Duchene and Stone from here on until the trade deadline. They will either get traded or signed"

Thanks tips

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think if we can SOMEHOW manage to keep Stone or Duchene, then that person is the overwhelmingly obvious choice.

Otherwise, I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the next captain is Zack Smith.

To put a guy on waivers then make him the captain 12 months later would be most Ottawa Senators move ever....

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
If we’re trading Stone and Duchene it’s crazy to keep Pageau. I absolutely love him but there’s no point if we’re not contending.

He could bring us a 1st + so why not?

According to the main boards, JGP will bring in a 4th rounder. 3rd rounder if we're lucky, or something like 3rd and Hudon.

Reactions: derriko

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Adding to the pain of this whole thing is reading Bruce Garrioch write about it. I know he’s got sources, but how he was hired based on journalistic merit I’ll never know.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Id love to hear a good explanation at why giving Dzingel a 5 year contract is a bad idea. There is nothing to substantiate it as he will be 31 at the end of it and continues to improve year in and year out while playing very little hockey up to this point at 26 years old compared to most players.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
According to the main boards, JGP will bring in a 4th rounder. 3rd rounder if we're lucky, or something like 3rd and Hudon.

Those are idiotic habs fans. That want to trade for Pageau but then have spent 4 pages telling us why he is no good, they are morons. Pageau is worth a 2nd plus good prospect thats what the market has told us and he is the last player this team should be trading considering who they are about to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad