Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bellows and Aho are good pieces, far from depth prospects.

Depth on the sens team, lots of similar prospects in the system like Bellows and the sens LD is likely set for the next 10 years with Chabot, Wolanin and Lajoie. Just arent good enough pieces or address a need the sens need RD very very badly.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Glad you like them. I think they are both very so so ... certainly not enough to get Mark Stone.
I am curious what he does receive, assuming he is traded. This will be an interesting deadline for you all.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Stone, but I also would love to see your team fleece somebody. I have always liked the sens.

Do you think Duchene is the more valuable piece, lower value, or about the same?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Depth on the sens team, lots of similar prospects in the system like Bellows and the sens LD is likely set for the next 10 years with Chabot, Wolanin and Lajoie. Just arent good enough pieces or address a need the sens need RD very very badly.
How about Bode Wilde then?

1st, Wilde, Bellows, and Calgary's 2nd any more enticing?

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bellows and Aho are good pieces, far from depth prospects.

No, they are thoroughly depth.

Every team has at least 2-3 guys in their system like Bellows. He's a dime a dozen. Drafted as high as he was based on a combination of his dad's reputation and being carried by a great USNDP team around him.

Aho is B-tier at best, but ismore likely to never translate his skill at the NHL level - he's undersized and weak as hell. Great skill, but he looks like a deer in headlights in the big leagues. Perennial AHL / SHL star who has a massive uphill battle to be able to create the space he needs at the NHL level.

There's a reason these guys are expendable in your farm system.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How about Bode Wilde then?

1st, Wilde, Bellows, and Calgary's 2nd any more enticing?

They need a blue chipper, wilde is a good prospect but I do believe they should be able to get Fabbro out of Nashville. Dobson is clearly the better prospect so if the Islanders want to step up and put him in the proposal I think that the sens do it.

Id do Dobson and Bellows if you are comfortable with that.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I am curious what he does receive, assuming he is traded. This will be an interesting deadline for you all.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Stone, but I also would love to see your team fleece somebody. I have always liked the sens.

Do you think Duchene is the more valuable piece, lower value, or about the same?

I would say Duchene is a lesser value, but that's just me. I am not as smart as NHL GMs.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
No, they are thoroughly depth.

Every team has at least 2-3 guys in their system like Bellows.

Aho is B-tier at best, but ismore likely to never translate his skill at the NHL level - he's undersized and weak as hell. Great skill, but he looks like a deer in headlights in the big leagues. Perennial AHL / SHL star who has a massive uphill battle to be able to create the space he needs at the NHL level.

There's a reason these guys are expendable in your farm system.

This is so wrong lol.

Aho is a great young player and he will be an NHL'er I assure you. He has 31 points in 43 games as a D-man in the AHL. He already played 20+ games in the NHL last season and he looked fantastic. The only reason he is in the minors is due to a logjam and Trotz' preference for vets.

It is fine that you aren't interested, but please don't denigrate Aho.

And they aren't "expendable" - you have to give talent to get.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I think Stone would be seen by more teams as having more value.. but both are worth more than what you initially offered imo. I wasn't trying to fleece you. I think what I suggested is fair...It would be a trade for NOW for the isles and the future for the Sens.. No Guarantees with picks and prospects ; Sure thing with Stone and he would definitely be a huge add to the team that gets him.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The offer is "fine", we probably don't need to shred the guy over it. The eventual trade will probably look closer to that then what some around here have been speculating. That being said, it will have more to do with Dorion/Melnyk than the value of Stone of Duchene being that "low".

@Thrasymachus

The view is that the Senators will be looking for a 1st + A prospect. Wether they get that or not is yet to be determined, but your original offer would be the low-end of what's expected while fans around here are still pining for the high end of a deal involving our two stars. Guys like Fabbro or Tolvanen would be much better centerpieces than anything the Isles could/would realistically offer. Your original offer is something Sens fans might "settle for" but 2 full weeks before the deadline we definitely aren't in the "settling" mood.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
We have to give talent more than Mark God Damned Stone?

Jesus christ. You are so far out of your depth here, my man. You need to spend some time doing a bit of research before coming to other team's boards and embarrassing yourself like this.

I think he meant the Isles need to give talent (Aho) to get Stone. At least I would hope so :laugh:

Reactions: derriko

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
We have to give talent more than Mark God Damned Stone?

Jesus christ. You are so far out of your depth here, my man. You need to spend some time doing a bit of research before coming to other team's boards and embarrassing yourself like this.
I never said that YOU needed to give more, lol.

TIL defending a player you insulted makes me "out of my depth"

So much for friendly trade proposals huh

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I think he meant the Isles need to give talent (Aho) to get Stone. At least I would hope so :laugh:
Bingo

You guys are a little touchy huh?

I never said Aho > Stone, that is just silly.

I was defending a player that was characterized as "likely to never translate his skill at the NHL level... undersized and weak as hell"

Aho was already one of our better NHL defenders last year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The offer is "fine", we probably don't need to shred the guy over it. The eventual trade will probably look closer to that then what some around here have been speculating. That being said, it will have more to do with Dorion/Melnyk than the value of Stone of Duchene being that "low".

@Thrasymachus

The view is that the Senators will be looking for a 1st + A prospect. Wether they get that or not is yet to be determined, but your original offer would be the low-end of what's expected while fans around here are still pining for the high end of a deal involving our two stars. Guys like Fabbro or Tolvanen would be much better centerpieces than anything the Isles could/would realistically offer. Your original offer is something Sens fans might "settle for" but 2 full weeks before the deadline we definitely aren't in the "settling" mood.

Ommmmm

hqdefault.jpg

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I would hope so too.

Apologies if that was the intended meaning there, I clearly took it the other way.
No worries man.

I concede my intitial trade offer is looking like it won't be good enough

You guys are going to be the pretty girl that every wants to dance with at the prom (trade deadline)

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
That's what the main boards are for.

The Sens board has been mourning the inevitable loss of Stone and Duchene for weeks/months.

You are basically showing up at a funeral and asking to buy the coffin. Don't be surprised when you get responses you don't like.
My intention is not to mock the senators. Apologies if it came across that way

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I never said that YOU needed to give more, lol.

TIL defending a player you insulted makes me "out of my depth"

So much for friendly trade proposals huh

I didnt think it was so bad lol

I mean, it didnt show an in depth knowledge of our needs, but you cant be blamed for that... Bellows is a good prospect, Aho is too. I think ideally one of them would be upgraded - Aho to Wilde or Pulock or Bellows to Wahlstrom but as I said I didnt think it was so far off and you should be commended for engaging in a respectful and collaborative dialogue.... lots of people come on here and get pissy as soon as there is any pushback whatsoever but you showed a lot of grace and willingness to learn

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I think we should take back cap dumps that can play on the team and expire around 2021-22 right when we are willing to spend "Close to the cap" for both Duchene and Stone... to maximize their returns.

Example:

Sekera from Edmonton... either he can play or will be on IR right... but its sounding more and more like he will be able to play. He's only 5.5 million so Edmonton would have to send more money our way to make Stone fit under the cap.. but I think this line of thinking could net us max returns

Like lets really fix the "NOW" for the team... but in exchange but they need to really fix our "FUTURE"

Last edited:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I think we should take back cap dumps that can play on the team and expire around 2021-22 right when we are willing to spend "Close to the cap" for both Duchene and Stone... to maximize their returns.

Example:

Sekera from Edmonton... either he can play or will be on IR right... but its sounding more and more like he will be able to play. He's only 5.5 million so Edmonton would have to send more money our way to make Stone fit under the cap.. but I think this line of thinking could net us max returns
Exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad