Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I am legitimately entertaining the idea that there is a possibility 1 or more UFA's are not traded and then walk to free agency at this point, it almost seems intentional how bad this team has been managed and at such a rapid rate to boot, if I didn't know for sure Gene and likely Pierre haven't a single clue what they are doing.
I mean you have to know that when we pass the trade deadline and one of them is still here the narrative will be "We're quite confident we'll be able to sign <Matt|Ryan|Mark> by July 1st. And in so doing, we'll be just that much further ahead in the rebuild."

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I guess at this point , I should not find it hard to believe that its taken until very recently for the Sens to give Mark Stone an offer he has to think about and that is likely as close as we get.. The clock is ticking loudly now. The scary thought is that Dorion is in deep negotiations with other GMs looking to get the best deal they can on the Sens best players.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Sens fans dont forget to lower your expectations for the returns with Duchene/Dzingle/Stone. We will be disappointed otherwise.

Imagine the worst return possible and we can only be happier when it's not that right?

Stone + Duchene + Dzingel for Phaneuf, no salary retained.

Dorion: "I am pleased and proud to announce that I have found an ingenious way to reach the cap floor next season, and also to build the salary foundation for the Super, Illustrious, Awesome Unprecedented Success Mega plan of 2021-25. We are extending Dion for 3 extra years."

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman will get a 1st round pick imo. He definitely adds scoring and can make a big contribution on the PP in the playoffs.

Reactions: Icelevel

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Is Hoffman hated in another locker room? If so, his career could be short, given his numbers this year they should be holding on to him

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Highly unlikely that a ppg centre returns less than a scoring winger. Hoffman has to submit a trade list while anyone can trade for Duchene or give an offer.

Agreed.

It's also highly unlikely that a franchise struggling with it's image and in the midst of a fan revolt would release a video of the slimeball owner chatting with a "foundational" third pairing d-man in an attempt to get fans excited for the season ... but that happened.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Highly unlikely that a ppg centre returns less than a scoring winger. Hoffman has to submit a trade list while anyone can trade for Duchene or give an offer.
Hoffman also has an extra year left on his deal instead of 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad