Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
[mod-QDP]
That makes me feel like, if Stone plays tonight, they want to announce the extension tomorrow before the game at a presser in Ottawa instead of in New Jersey.

Would make sense why Stone's decision would be made "tonight". Tomorrow he signs it. I expect Duchene to be traded within next 24 hours. Perhaps before game-time today.

JULIUS HONKA COME ONNNNNN DOWN!

I wouldn't mind Honka for Dzingel but the guy has averaged like 10 mins of ice time last 10 or so games. Yikes.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Remember that time we traded Karlsson?

All of this still pales in comparison.

Although I am enjoying the constant silly shifting of goalposts in PR on Stone.

"We are giving him more time". lol

Karlsson vs Stone Duchene and Dzingel. I am going to respectfully dissagree, there are more assets that have much more value than Karlsson alone. This is hilarious how nothing has happened yet. But not suprising at all, I do find it funny that the media is finally talking about this the way they should have been since game 1.

The people that boycotted knew this was going to happen right from the get go, and here we are not nearly enough time left to sign or trade all of these players. Why? Because they wanted to sell more tickets. It honestly feels like the sens are being run by a teenager in grade 9 that didnt study for any of his exams and now they are screwed.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would make sense why Stone's decision would be made "tonight". Tomorrow he signs it. I expect Duchene to be traded within next 24 hours. Perhaps before game-time today.

I wouldn't mind Honka for Dzingel but the guy has averaged like 10 mins of ice time last 10 or so games. Yikes.

No thanks to Honka for Dzingel. I'd rather a 2nd.

Reactions: bert

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sens fans dont forget to lower your expectations for the returns with Duchene/Dzingle/Stone. We will be disappointed otherwise.

Imagine the worst return possible and we can only be happier when it's not that right?

Reactions: Beville

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Does it change the stupidity behind it? still 2 years on a guy who is already mailing it in

For me it does absolutely, I would call it low risk high reward personally and not stupid, barring the LA Kings owner isn't struggling big time financially.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Sens fans dont forget to lower your expectations for the returns with Duchene/Dzingle/Stone. We will be disappointed otherwise.

Imagine the worst return possible and we can only be happier when it's not that right?
Problem isn't that we need to lower our expectations, its that even if we set our expectations at rock bottom, PD will find a way to make the return less than that. He'll dig a tunnel if he has to, but he will go lower than rock bottom. See: Karlsson trade.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We are going to get screwed again ,and everybody will laugh...And EM will wonder why the fans arent coming

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dorion on Mark Stone and Matt Duchene not wanting to stay

stubborn%20child_0.jpg

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Duchene is definitely getting traded in next few hours.
If I felt that we were dealing with competent management, I would totally agree, but the reality is, we are not. No communication, no transparency, no honesty....there is nothing that is happening with this team that would lead me to have any confidence that the right, thoughtful and appropriate decions are being made.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Brannstrom mysteriously out "sick" with the Chicago Wolves today. He makes a lot of sense with Ottawa's long term roster in mind...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Does it change the stupidity behind it? still 2 years on a guy who is already mailing it in
Its either that money goes to Kovalchuk (UFA 2018) or into the next pool of UFAs. They don't have anyone in dire need of re-signing until Toffoli in 2 years.

Brown, Carter and Kovalchuk are all 34 or 35 and have similar term left on their deals. So they can either decide to retool or go full rebuild and sell those guys off.

I'd say they go with a retool. Keep those 3 and Phaneuf while the likes of their pick this year, Valardi, Clague and Kupari come in as cheap quality depth. Doesn't really hurt them to have Kovalchuk imo. He's still relatively productive and almost all his money will be paid out by July so he'll be easier to move along next season if needed to clear space for Toffoli.

angrydad

Oct 20, 2011
Brannstrom mysteriously out "sick" with the Chicago Wolves today. He makes a lot of sense with Ottawa's long term roster in mind...
If they can get a prospect of his caliber in a trade I would be very impressed. Shocked and impressed.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I am legitimately entertaining the idea that there is a possibility 1 or more UFA's are not traded and then walk to free agency at this point, it almost seems intentional how bad this team has been managed and at such a rapid rate to boot, if I didn't know for sure Gene and likely Pierre haven't a single clue what they are doing.

Reactions: derriko and BigRig4

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I doubt we get Brannstrom, but it would be somewhat tolerable if we walk out of the weekend with Tolvanen and Brannstrom added to our prospect pool.

I mean, this still sucks, but if Stone has to gooo.....

Actually, these expectations aren't doing me any favours.

Reactions: derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad