Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If we could get Glass and a 1st and a prospect I’d include Dzingel with Stone. Quality not quantity.
Islanders have coveted pieces as well. Dobson from them to replace Glass in the above scenario.
We aren't getting anyone close to the value of Glass, not even close.

Look at the Duchene and Karlsson trades, a guy like Norris is the upper limit of a guy we will get back.

Reactions: GoodGoodnotBad

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
With the way Nilsson has played for us up to this point. Is there any possibility we could flip him to a contender for a higher puck than what we paid? Would show some great asset management by Pierre.
I’d keep Nilsson and trade Anderson. Maybe in a package with Ceci, Boedker or similar. Just looking for a small return.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Guys Ben lovejoy just went for Connor carrick and a third. Jensen for bowey and a second.

Ceci has got to be traded
From what PD said in the paper this morning, it looks like he wants to keep him. In any event, Ceci is still playing while Stone an Dzingel are not. That says a lot right there IMO.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We aren't getting anyone close to the value of Glass, not even close.

Look at the Duchene and Karlsson trades, a guy like Norris is the upper limit of a guy we will get back.
But for both Dzingel and stone. We’d parlay that I’d hope into a difference maker.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Marrying yourself to Ceci to show the fans that you can keep a player long term is shooting yourself in the foot... Dorion can easily do the rebuild by not signing bad contracts. That's the reason we don't have a winning team. Too many problems created by ourselves.

Reactions: NB613

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
There's not much point in dealing Ceci for a 2nd or 3rd right now of we can get 1 more year out of him and get that at the deadline next year.

The Sens don't really need to move him. He's an RFA and we have loads of salary off the books next season. They will go 1 more year with him via arbitration since he probably won't sign long term.

Reactions: Bean Drown

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Submitted without comment.

Ceci is a dynamic acquisition because it could put a team in a position where they can decide whether he is a rental, a two year piece, or a long term piece.

A team could also acquire him as a rental, boost his value by deploying him in a more appropriate role, and then flip his RFA rights at the draft to recoup some of what they gave up.

The problem ultimately is probably that the ask is high. I'd be shocked if Ottawa wasn't asking for a 1st or a 1st round type value of a piece.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
There's not much point in dealing Ceci for a 2nd or 3rd right now of we can get 1 more year out of him and get that at the deadline next year.

The Sens don't really need to move him. He's an RFA and we have loads of salary off the books next season. They will go 1 more year with him via arbitration since he probably won't sign long term.

Ya, Dorion's key veteran statement yesterday are all guys we won't/can't trade. Ceci isn't going anywhere this year. And who really cares at this point.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Ceci is a dynamic acquisition because it could put a team in a position where they can decide whether he is a rental, a two year piece, or a long term piece.

A team could also acquire him as a rental, boost his value by deploying him in a more appropriate role, and then flip his RFA rights at the draft to recoup some of what they gave up.

The problem ultimately is probably that the ask is high. I'd be shocked if Ottawa wasn't asking for a 1st or a 1st round type value of a piece.

I think that's a fair price honestly. He's under contract and I think most world agree that if he wasn't part of the tire fire that is Ottawa and playing different minutes/matchups he would perform differently.

A 1st is a realistic ask, or a pair of 2nds etc.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Ya, Dorion's key veteran statement yesterday are all guys we won't/can't trade. Ceci isn't going anywhere this year. And who really cares at this point.

That wasn't really his statement. Do you honestly think he wouldn't move Ceci who only has 1 year left of someone came to him with a Muzzin like package? Ditto for any of those other veterans.

Ceci has only 1 more year of team control and turned down nearly 5x5 in the summer according to Shawn Simpson. The Senators also went 1 year in arbitration instead of cost controlling Ceci at 2. The oniy reason to do that would have been to make Ceci easier to move or walk away from the next season.

All evidence points to Ceci being gone by summer of 2020, it's just a matter of when that is up in the air.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

My thoughts exactly

I think we should be aiming for a 1st and a big 1-2 yr cap dump

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Guys Ben lovejoy just went for Connor carrick and a third. Jensen for bowey and a second.

Ceci has got to be traded

In Dorion's mind , if we can call it that, he sees Ceci as a veteran core player that can help in the rebuild. He is desperate now, because he has lost or is losing all the real key pieces that were really needed. I think if he held on to Stone and Duchene , he'd have dealt Ceci.. now I don't think so

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Also...The Sens are close to finalizing another deal. acoording to my sources it looks to be done "very shortly, they are hoping for within the hour."

Its Eklund so take of it what you think

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Also...The Sens are close to finalizing another deal. acoording to my sources it looks to be done "very shortly, they are hoping for within the hour."

Its Eklund so take of it what you think

He has zero sources. Less than zero actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad