Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yay new thread.

caps get a penalty killer with speed

I need to start watching King of the Hill. I went on a Simpsons binge lately and it was so damn enjoyable re-experiencing it

King of the Hill is on Hulu now, we've been rewatching the series here and there such a great show and youre right, it gets even better. Mike Judge is great, and his bio is a really interesting read.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Stone could get 9 mil a year for 7-8 years.

Not sure what makes 10.5 mil for 5 that much more enticing.
Garrioch speculated it was 5 or 6 years also. 6 years at 10-10.5 with proper bonuses wouldn’t be bad. Who knows what he is actually being offered though

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
On Stone:

If the Sens are still holding back in terms of offers to Stone at this point, they are stupid and Stone should be insulted.

In the same vein, if Stone hasn't already signed on the current offer he does have in front of him, then he's just not going to sign.

So I think he's gone.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
On Stone:

If the Sens are still holding back in terms of offers to Stone at this point, they are stupid and Stone should be insulted.

In the same vein, if Stone hasn't already signed on the current offer he does have in front of him, then he's just not going to sign.

So I think he's gone.
Yup

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They should go 3 years 12 per on Stone. Leaves him time to cash in again, and keeps him here to lead through the rebuild. Stone has said how much he hates losing so ... will he stay even if it was a 80% bonus deal.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
The sens seem willing to do whatever it takes to try to trick fans with these PR moves. “Look we really did try to keep stone. So much so that we had to trade him for nothing!”
I bet that they also will play him tonight to continue to "trick" the fans. They really are clueless.

R2010

May 23, 2011
I don't know why people think that 5 x 10.5 would be a bad offer. He could cash in a second time and end up with more career $$ plus more options to choose to play on contending teams if the Ottawa bet doesn't work out.

Think of Stone making 10.5 x 5 then getting signed for say 5 x 5 compared to him being a free agent three years later and running into the over 35 contract issues and potentially getting offered less money because of age.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I don't know why people think that 5 x 10.5 would be a bad offer. He could cash in a second time and end up with more career $$ plus more options to choose to play on contending teams if the Ottawa bet doesn't work out.

Think of Stone making 10.5 x 5 then getting signed for say 5 x 5 compared to him being a free agent three years later and running into the over 35 contract issues and potentially getting offered less money because of age.
Stone does not appear to agree.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
growing up as an Expos fan, you'd think I'd be better prepared for this BS... Dorion is gonna be persona non grata in Ottawa for a very long time. Some trades have been good (Re: Brassard to Pens), but the trades for our good players have been so underwhelming....
I think Boucher is trying to stand up for his players in a respectful way with his comments, and for his role - to win games and develop players. He's not gonna do the bidding of management unless it is dictated to him.

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
I have a meeting from 1:30 to 3 pm... something is going to break in that span...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I still think Stone signs here, reporters have been dead wrong numerous times .... fake news or just giving their opinions as we do. They do have their inside sources but I doubt any GM lets people into his very small circle when it comes to trades especially at the deadline. Don't all GMs release small tid bits of information to improve their position with every move regardless if it is true or not? They can always deny it later. We'll know, when we know.

I'm quite sure that PD knows exactly what the player wants, he knows what the owner is willing to give or not give, he knows what the market is, he knows what he wants to do for the team over the next few yrs & he is trying to get the most for that plan. What can you do though if it's the player who doesn't want to stay, you have to move them. It probably won't all go according to plan or what the fans will like but he will do what he things is best for the franchise. Good luck to him, it may or may not work out & he'll be looking for a new job soon, if it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->