Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
So they were able to re-sign their 27 year old franchise player, have a good shot at landing Hughes or Kaako, and have lots of picks to kick-start their rebuild?

Cool!
In my eyes it just further reinforces the notion that this 'rebuild' we're going through is all about cutting money, and that management/ownership hasn't got a clue. Not that more was needed.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
growing up as an Expos fan, you'd think I'd be better prepared for this BS... Dorion is gonna be persona non grata in Ottawa for a very long time. Some trades have been good (Re: Brassard to Pens), but the trades for our good players have been so underwhelming....
I think Boucher is trying to stand up for his players in a respectful way with his comments, and for his role - to win games and develop players. He's not gonna do the bidding of management unless it is dictated to him.

I think he realized this as he essentially broke down on the radio after the EK incident, stating I have to live in this town etc...at this point I wouldn't imagine he will live here after he's done with the Sens, rightly or wrongly a good portion of the fanbase will pin everything on you, would be hard to walk around the city with people consistently laughing behind your back, directly in your face or even worse getting confrontational about your various public failings.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Stone plays tonight, and Dzingel, that means they are still negotiating. Has to? For Duchene to sit, that means the deed is done there. Knowing how emphatic Dorion was about trading Karlsson when healthy, I'm sure it will be the same for the other two guys. It would be lunacy if not. Or, they could be moved this afternoon or before puck drop.

I am not optimistic, but Dzingel and Stone playing has to be a good sign, but of course things can change by the hour. And there are no more callups for tonight.

Or it means Dorion is not willing to give up against any rationale and any hope.. He is desperately clinging on hoping for Stone to acquiesce and settle on something to stay. To me Dzingel is just there... If he has time to focus on dealing Dzingel , he will get dealt. My feeling is there is Stone wants to leave and Dorion keeps trying. He is running on borrowed time unless he has something in his back pocket, but to try to work a deal where he signs with another team, the options for a max return get more limited as time goes on

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
They've drafted 3 good players in 10 years of drafts and 2 of them don't play for them anymore. What exactly are these extra draft picks, especially late 3rds and 4ths, going to do?
We're criticizing them for draft picks they haven't even made yet based on picks from previous management? Are they just supposed to give away all their picks?

Reactions: Deku

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
So many opportunities for the Pierre and Gene to Sens this up, take your pick from an injury, the trade not going through in time, losing track of time, getting a ridiculously bad return...I mean the potential ways the Sens will screw this up is basically limitless, the only question will be in which way?

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Or it means Dorion is not willing to give up against any rationale and any hope.. He is desperately clinging on hoping for Stone to acquiesce and settle on something to stay. To me Dzingel is just there... If he has time to focus on dealing Dzingel , he will get dealt. My feeling is there is Stone wants to leave and Dorion keeps trying. He is running on borrowed time unless he has something in his back pocket, but to try to work a deal where he signs with another team, the options for a max return get more limited as time goes on

Which would be stupid. Because soon teams are just going to move on from Stone and trade for someone else. The teams still left will know this and the return will be smaller as a result of fewer teams in the bidding war.

I think you are 100% right, and the only thing holding anything back is Dorions pride/optimism.

This whole thing is honestly just a massive trainwreck since the summer. What did they really think was going to happen between the summer and now? Did they think Stone's value was going to drop? Because that, or the team not actually wanting to sign him, is the only reason why we would be here. Stone's leverage only increases as it gets closer to the deadline because the Sens have to make an offer and he can just wait it out. So the price was never going to go down. And if the sens are all of a sudden willing to offer more than in the summer...why the F didn't you just offer it in the summer and lock him up. There is NOTHING that the sens can put on the table now that they couldn't have/should have, in the summer.

Why are you dicking around with a star player you want to sign?

Why are you making your best offer a week or so before the deadline?

Hope I am proven wrong.

Reactions: coladin

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
We're criticizing them for draft picks they haven't even made yet based on picks from previous management? Are they just supposed to give away all their picks?

I'm using the same style of disingenuous half-truths that the person I quoted loves to always use to show how the grass is always greener everywhere else. It's kind of obscene really. I at least have the patience to wait until signings are made or trades are executed before I start drawing comparisons to how two teams in totally different circumstances are doing their "rebuilds" differently, one obviously very well (LA) and one obviously very badly (OTT).

Won't there be enough wailing and gnashing of teeth after the deadline? Why have we needed a two week run-up to it as well? It's actually sick. Some type of non-sexual masochism I guess.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad