Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I still think Stone signs here, reporters have been dead wrong numerous times .... fake news or just giving their opinions as we do. They do have their inside sources but I doubt any GM lets people into his very small circle when it comes to trades especially at the deadline. Don't all GMs release small tid bits of information to improve their position with every move regardless if it is true or not? They can always deny it later. We'll know, when we know.

I'm quite sure that PD knows exactly what the player wants, he knows what the owner is willing to give or not give, he knows what the market is, he knows what he wants to do for the team over the next few yrs & he is trying to get the most for that plan. What can you do though if it's the player who doesn't want to stay, you have to move them. It probably won't all go according to plan or what the fans will like but he will do what he things is best for the franchise. Good luck to him, it may or may not work out & he'll be looking for a new job soon, if it doesn't.
I'm guessing the Sens cave and offer him 8x9 this afternoon around 4pm.

Reactions: aragorn

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
This past summer Dorion only offered Stone $5 million (Stone only asked for $9 million), and now at the last minute, $10.5 is the offer?

And Stone is producing at the same rate as last year? Goal scoring up, assists down?

Unbelievable.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
This past summer Dorion only offered Stone $5 million (Stone only asked for $9 million), and now at the last minute, $10.5 is the offer?

And Stone is producing at the same rate as last year? Goal scoring up, assists down?

Unbelievable.

In fairness, this is without Karlsson/Hoffman.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I found it funny the demelo was thrown in to the Karlsson trade when he was a free agent during the summer. He had been an RFA but SJS only signed him sometime after the deadline had passed

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I wouldn't worry about it. Dorion is probably going to leave everything to the very last minute and strike out spectacularly.

Nah, likeliest option is they get close to market value for Duchene, but can't sign Stone to an extension and panic trade him for 60 cents on the dollar monday.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Waiting for something bad to happen is just the worst. I thought I would be prepared having gone through the Karlsson fiasco, but I'm not. It's just a shit show.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It would not surprise me if Stone was still here on Tuesday, without a contract.
Every Gm was phoning me
Faxes flying all over the place until 3 pm
But I was on the phone with ''skip the dishes'' for Mr Melnyk all day
Did I miss something?

-PD

R2010

May 23, 2011
Stone does not appear to agree.

Absolutely. Everyone values different things but there are definitely plus and minuses to different approaches for contracts. People treat it a little too black and white that all that matters is most total $$$. If your goal is to win a Stanley Cup then maybe you might think about wanting to have another chance to sign somewhere if you're not convinced fully in your ownership. Either way there are lots of options there.

Me personally - i'm not signing 8 years to work under Melnyk if I am 26-27 regardless of the number. Four or Five I could stomach because it leaves you at 32 still having a chance to move on with a few good years left.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
guys Duchene dzingel and stone are not available just the talking heads looking for hit... they will be here for a long time still....Karlsson too

Unparalleled Success

Feb 19, 2019
[mod-QDP]
That makes me feel like, if Stone plays tonight, they want to announce the extension tomorrow before the game at a presser in Ottawa instead of in New Jersey.

Reactions: pzeeman

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If Stone plays tonight, and Dzingel, that means they are still negotiating. Has to? For Duchene to sit, that means the deed is done there. Knowing how emphatic Dorion was about trading Karlsson when healthy, I'm sure it will be the same for the other two guys. It would be lunacy if not. Or, they could be moved this afternoon or before puck drop.

I am not optimistic, but Dzingel and Stone playing has to be a good sign, but of course things can change by the hour. And there are no more callups for tonight.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino