Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why do you guys even post sources like this.

1. He only has like 1,000 followers
2. He doesn't have a blue check mark next to his name.

He’s proven himself when it comes to both Alberta teams. Propbably not as imminent as if Bob or some others would have tweeted but I personally based off what I know of him trust that there’s some traction there.

Reactions: BigRig4

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Flames board someone said this guy is not even a little bit credible.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'll guess we get one of Rasmus Andersson or Sam Bennett since Dreger specifically stated we wanted one young NHL player in a Stone trade.

Wasn't Kylington scratched today?

Bennett+Kylington+2019 1st+2020 1st?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'll guess we get one of Rasmus Andersson or Sam Bennett since Dreger specifically stated we wanted one young NHL player in a Stone trade.

I would be very happy to get Andersson or Kylington
Also Valimaki but I believe he's the highest-touted of the three

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I'm guessing Kylington because he seems like the least valuable out of him, Valimaki, and Andersson, but maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: Deku

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

No chance we get Bennett and doubt Kylington was scratched because of an impending trade. Possible we get one of Kylington/Andersson but I dont think another roster player would be coming back perhaps a middling prospect.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

That package is exactly what I speculated. Sucks to lose Stoner, but Bennett still has a lot of upside, him an Tkachuk on a line good lord haha. Kylington is sick too. Andersson is steadier from what I can tell and a right shot so the two may be interchangeable.

Another thought - I wonder if we could spike the value higher if we took on James Neal. Would make it easier for them to re sign him and guarentee the second 1st.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
No chance we get Bennett and doubt Kylington was scratched because of an impending trade. Possible we get one of Kylington/Andersson but I dont think another roster player would be coming back perhaps a middling prospect.

Is Bennett really that valuable at this point?

Seems like he has a career trajectory of being a gritty bottom 6er who can provide secondary scoring, not that of a star.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is Bennett really that valuable at this point?

Seems like he has a career trajectory of being a gritty bottom 6er who can provide secondary scoring, not that of a star.

He's still a very useful player, wont live up to his draft status but I think he will be in Calgary until he prices himself out of there. He is a RFA but trading him at the deadline when they are hoping to make a serious run doesn't make much sense.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
That package is exactly what I speculated. Sucks to lose Stoner, but Bennett still has a lot of upside, him an Tkachuk on a line good lord haha. Kylington is sick too. Andersson is steadier from what I can tell and a right shot so the two may be interchangeable.

Another thought - I wonder if we could spike the value higher if we took on James Neal. Would make it easier for them to re sign him and guarentee the second 1st.

The price to take on James Neal should be enormous. He's owed 23 million after this season and looks completely done already as an NHLer. Because of that, and our ownership, I just can't see a situation where it makes sense. A contract that bad that isn't an insured LTIRetirment player has never been dumped.

If they want to re-sign Stone, they probably would have to buyout James Neal.

Maybe Frolik might be a cap dump in the deal or in a deal with another team. Still a serviceable player, he's just got that extra year at 4M+ for them. They are scouting the Rangers hard.

If they move Bennett to us, Frolik in a trade for another rental to the Rangers, and buyout Neal, they can probably find a way to make re-signing both Stone and Tkachuk work, but they probably do not get the max 8 year term for Tkachuk.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
1st , Andersson, Bennett and a conditional 1st if he signs

I like that package better, but all this mainboarding has rubbed off on me, I'm trying to be more modest with my trade predictions. I tried to find a way to cram Nic Pecan into that proposal but he plays for the Jets so it would be against the NHL rules for Calgary to trade him to us for Stone.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
1st , Andersson, Bennett and a conditional 1st if he signs

Would be great, I think Bennett could still emerge and Anderson is very skilled, but I doubt we take two guys out of their lineup

Flames have had a lot of prospects emerge with really good seasons this year, I bet there will be a guy who most people havent heard of

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
He's still a very useful player, wont live up to his draft status but I think he will be in Calgary until he prices himself out of there. He is a RFA but trading him at the deadline when they are hoping to make a serious run doesn't make much sense.

He isn't used in a huge role there and isn't doing anything unique in the context of their lineup.

I get that they would probably prefer not to lose NHL bodies while adding, but they are apparently a team in on Stone, and seem to also be heavy with the Rangers.

Dorion wants a young NHLer for Stone, and he might have the leverage to get one. Calgary could be approaching a situation where they lose Bennett and Frolik, but add in Stone and one of the Rangers guys, like maybe Hayes or Zuccarello.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
The price to take on James Neal should be enormous. He's owed 23 million after this season and looks completely done already as an NHLer. Because of that, and our ownership, I just can't see a situation where it makes sense. A contract that bad that isn't an insured LTIRetirment player has never been dumped.

If they want to re-sign Stone, they probably would have to buyout James Neal.

Maybe Frolik might be a cap dump in the deal or in a deal with another team. Still a serviceable player, he's just got that extra year at 4M+ for them. They are scouting the Rangers hard.

If they move Bennett to us, Frolik in a trade for another rental to the Rangers, and buyout Neal, they can probably find a way to make re-signing both Stone and Tkachuk work, but they probably do not get the max 8 year term for Tkachuk.

Yeah I think one way or another we’re going to need to take on dead weight just to meet the bloody cap floor. Pretty goofy. Side note, I hope we take advantage of White needing a new contract and sign him for the long term. No bridge. Take that one out of the way and not have to worry about it until he’s well into his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad