Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not to be nitpicky as the refs were the least of the issue, but Lundell was highsticked right in front of the refs face on the breakout that led to the Brazeau 4 goal back breaker.

The game was much closer than the score at the end of the game, and we held play for long stretches in the 2nd and 3rd.

Boston scored 4 goals on 5 shots while we were peppering the Bs. It is what it is, not good enough.

Skated into Lohrei stick literally.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Uh, because you mistook good coaching for fear. Trying to find something that wasn't there, duh.
Concern = fear, I guess.
I don’t think chaos ever took it for anything other than good coaching.
And, honestly, the only “trying to find something that isn’t there” is being done by those calling him out for saying Montgomery was concerned about how the third was unfolding.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I'd love to have a game feed with no play by play, just players mic'ed up. Give me Maroon, Marchand, Tkachuk and Bennett when he comes back. That would be hilarious
Gotta have Montour in there, allegedly he does more yapping than anyone.
He’s the one that can set “Fat Pat” off.

Reactions: Chaos2k7 and BB79

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
"they have a puncher's chance in any game." You really think Florida is so much better that the bruins only have a punchers chance?

No, I don't mean that. I meant while they may not have the scoring of other teams, they have a strong defensive game and all-world goaltending that can neutralize any scoring disadvantage. If you quoted my entire post instead of pulling a few words, you would get the context.

It's a compliment to the Bruins.

I've literally said this series is going to be a lot closer than people think. Verbatim.

This will still be a long, physical series but what is amusing is how many thought the Bruins were going to get rolled over in four straight or five (although most weren't Florida fans).

With that defense and Swayman in goal, they have a puncher's chance in any game. They are a well-built team that plays a very structured, heavy game.

I think the Cats are better top to bottom, but the B's are the B's. Florida is going to come out flying next game, no doubt, but Bob has to be better.

Reactions: BB79 and lopey

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Panthers can be better, but Bruins can also be better. Outside of Sway, the second d-pair and the third line, they can be much better than they were.

Should be a fun series.

Reactions: lopey

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Yup the players probably wouldn't want it either, because I'm sure someone would say something remotely deemed controversial while chirping another player and it would blow up in their faces with cancel culture nonsense....but it would be the best feed ever
That's the truth. I used to sit front row with the penalty box directly next to my right side at AHL games in my town back in the 90s. Fans up close could hear a lot of the chirping since music wasn't blaring so much back then. Holy crap was it ever entertaining. Sometimes brutal as well. The Hershey Bears were the kings of chirp. They must have known the names of every AHL player's mom, gf, and sister.

I'm sure much like it has done to comedy, cancel culture has put a dent in the artform of chirping to some extent.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Our fate was sealed once HockeyVirus turned his hate towards Boston and hoped we bashed them this series.

Our only hope is he somehow switches his prediction….sigh

HockeyVirus:

1715105441144.png

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
You might want to start. I say that because you need to shake things up somehow.

Whatever you are doing now somehow enables you to come up with hot takes conspiracies like this, and that is causing you harm somewhere. Trust me, my friend. It's not healthy.
It's not a conspiracy. The rules say if you shove a ref it is a 10 game minimum. Why the nhl refused to enforce it is out of my control.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It's not a conspiracy. The rules say if you shove a ref it is a 10 game minimum. Why the nhl refused to enforce it is out of my control.
The rulebook needs a section for how the NHL is going to handle referees abusing players. Marchand tackled and denied entry to his bench, last night Pasta got checked by Rooney. These refs should be suspended

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Panthers D is noticeably smaller than Boston's. Should be interesting to see that over 7 games (I do think it goes 7).

Crazy that McAvoy and Wotherspoon are the “Small” d-men in the Bruins current lineup and both play a heavier game.

Such a difference without Gryz. And if Peeke comes back they get even bigger.

Reactions: BTO and DoubleBack

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That's the truth. I used to sit front row with the penalty box directly next to my right side at AHL games in my town back in the 90s. Fans up close could hear a lot of the chirping since music wasn't blaring so much back then. Holy crap was it ever entertaining. Sometimes brutal as well. The Hershey Bears were the kings of chirp. They must have known the names of every AHL player's mom, gf, and sister.

I'm sure much like it has done to comedy, cancel culture has put a dent in the artform of chirping to some extent
Trottier and Stevens would be fined $250K, suspended multiple games, and forced to go to sensitivity training for chirping Brian Bellows if that happened today

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The rulebook needs a section for how the NHL is going to handle referees abusing players. Marchand tackled and denied entry to his bench, last night Pasta got checked by Rooney. These refs should be suspended
Not disagreeing with you. The inconsistencies are all over the place from the refs on ice, to departnent of player safety, to review team in Toronto, and to the refusing to call and enforce rules by some refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad