Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Beauvillier rounded out his game well throughout last season, but hasn't had an increase in production since his rookie year and we're at year 3 for him which is a little worrisome. Like you said, he's only 21 but after an almost 200 game sample, his career points per 82 is 34 which includes his 20 in 57 so far this year. Could be a breakout year away from being a stud, but when trading Duchene, I'd be looking at the other options first.

And I agree on Bellows, never said he was a bad prospect, just that he's having a meh first year pro

Fair enough, Tolvanen/Fabbro should be top of the list to be sure.

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If we're talking Islanders, it's worth noting that while they have their 1st rounder this year, they don't have their 2nd, 3rd or 4th rounders this year.

They do have Calgary's 2nd rounder though, from the Hamonic trade.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Does NYI have any center prospects?

Good ones? Almost literally none, assuming you no longer consider Beauvilier a prospect.

Their next best center prospect is... Ruslan Iskhakov, who will probably need to shift to wing at the professional level to be most effective. After him it's... Jake Pivonka?

So yeah. Basically nobody.

Last edited:

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Hypothetically what would you prefer?

Tolvanen and Fabbro

Or

Dobson and Ho-Sang
Dobson 100% for me.

I wonder if Dorion stays away from Tolvanen and Fabbro. Tolvanen is a high skill guy who is struggling to adapt to the North American ice size and Ottawa passed on in 2017. Fabbro could be a guy that finishes off college and doesnt sign in Ottawa.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Matt Duchene
Magnus Paajarvi

for

Bode Wilde
Anthony Beauvillier
2019 1st (Top 10 Protected)
Conditional 2nd If Duchene Re-signs (Becomes a 1st if NYIslanders make the Cup Final)

Fits the "top prospect"+"young player"+1st round pick mold. I think we should get a conditional 1st, but I am going off the Karlsson trade where we'd only get a 2nd.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Friedman:
Matt Duchene officially on the market.
Kypreos: doesn’t have any faith that the re-negotiations with Stone will lead to a contract. Thinks both will get traded...

I’m paraphrasing and also a few beers deep .

Good times...

Where else but Ottawa would the team ship out its second line center for a prospect, a Norris trophy winning Defensman for 6 far-lesser assets, and then trade away its next top 3 forwards?

The team is not rebuilding; its deconstructing!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Feel the same way. And given the plan I could even get on board with trading duchene and Dzingel considering we have brown, bath, norris, Formenton coming.
Stone is young enough to fit in and even be essential to the plan.

I am not on board with any of the trades of our top players. This owner and GM MUST GO!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If we sign Stone you cant help but think Duchene will think long and hard about re-signing here in off-season. Especially because I think he knows he can flourish here and he and Batherson can form an excellent top line/1b line.

Duchene for 1st+Fabbro/Tolvanen

Dzingel for 1st

Duchene signs in summer

Would be jackpot outcome if you ask me, would really bring some hope into this team and fanbase and severely makeup for lack of first rounder.

Delusional thinking!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If you’re going to change the value of the pic from the time it was traded to now, then you have to change the value of Turris from then to now, and then change the value of Duchene from then to now.

Turris is basically a none factor at this point, his production versus salary is terrible. Hopefully next year he can find his game.

A ppg top line centre on pace to score over 30 goals is pretty close to fair value for a high lottery pic, and definitely worth it depending on who you ask (Hughes is not a Crosby level prospect). Teams that are looking to win at this very moment may look to make that trade value-wise.

A player from this upcoming draft would have to beat the regular NHL odds to be as productive as MD has been over the last 100 games. Some around here treat them as though they are sure fire stars, and yet we see guys flame out or fail to meet expectations every single year.

It sucks that it looks like we’ll lose MD, but froma value point that trade was a homerun for us, and is still solid today. Not being able to keep him means we’ll end up being on the Colorado side of the deal this year unfortunately. Maybe we’ll win the lottery and whatever team makes the trade will explicable bottom out the following year like we did.

You're missing the entire point.

There's no commentary in my original posts about what a point per game top line center is or isn't worth. That's irrelevant to the point I was making. This is a very linear argument, and I don't understand what value it brings to argue completely different aspects of the trade that I was never making a commentary on.

If we have to trade Duchene, we are almost certainly not getting back the value that we ultimately gave up.

I never picked and chose what pieces to value at different times, that's all on you. Commenting on that (turris' value at the time), even if we let Turris walk as a UFA (which we almost certainly would not have if we ended up in a similar position at the deadline) we still are not recouping a top 4 pick, Bowers, and a high 3rd. If you add on a 1st++ which Turris would have attracted at the deadline, it becomes an even more insurmountable task.

The exception will be if he signs an extension at the deadline.

Reactions: solidprospect

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dorion's in over his head, and instead of focusing on manageable tasks, he's trying to do it all and outwit the sharks, not realizing he jumped into the water with the bucket of chum and doesn't have a way to get back onto the boat.

He has been there ever since he became GM.

Reactions: Liver King

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
You are right in theory, but consider two things...

1) Chabot and Tkachuk won't be negotiating their big RFA contracts for at least 5+ seasons. At least when looking at the same team, it's typical not kosher for an RFA to point to a UFA contract as a comparable for structure.

2) The next CBA discussions will almost certainly address this signing bonus issue, possibly closing them for good, or severely limiting them. White is our only big UFA who HAS to be signed before the CBA change (although it'd be a good idea to lock Chabot up ASAP), and White isn't in a position to ask for that kind of contract as an RFA.

It should be looked at like this. Stone is the one time we'll probably have to do this. The club has dug themselves into such a hole, that retaining Stone by any means possible is paramount to fans buying into the strategic plans that were outlined by Melnyk a few weeks ago in Toronto. As of now, Melnyk and the management associated with him have no credibility. They need to sign Stone as an investment in rebuilding that credibility with their stakeholders or else any future plans will fall flat due to a complete lack of buy in from those stakeholders.

That may be true; however I see no reason for Stone to stay with the Senators now. The team is in a rebuild cost-cutting strategy and has no chance to be a contender for many years. Stone knows that. He is gone!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
can we just trade this weaseI duchane aIready? he has reaIIy gotten on my nerves past few weeks with his fake attitude about Ioving Ottawa and maybe resigning... he Never had the intent to resign and just pIaying with the fanbase to protect his image good riddance.

Get rid of the GM who traded for him too.

Reactions: Liver King
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad