Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Inside info

"Inside info"

giphy.gif

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sens still trying to sign Stone. (Friedman)

Duchene's name is out there, the Sens are starting to do the ground work on listening in trades for him.

Structure+signing bonus an issue with a Stone contract. (Kypreos)

Chris Johnston doesn't get the sense that Vegas is in the rental market as a potential trade candidate for Stone.

Calgary connected to Stone.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
First, let me say Glass isn't leaving Vegas. He wasnt for Karlsson, he isnt for Duch or Stone. McPhee is over the moon with this kid as much as everyone else is, including me. He was just the best player on team Canada in the WJC. He is developing in the mold of Mark Schiefele. Somewhere between Schiefele and Johansen i'd say he ends up. He is the heir apparent to Stastny in the 2C spot, which he may take as early as the second half of next year after some pro adjustment.

People are underrating Hague.

I think he's at least a Colton Parayko clone, with an outside chance of becoming the next Shea Weber.

To whoever it was that said Hague can't skate, you have never seen him play. For his size, hes a plus skater. His shot is NHL best of the best elite. He will score 20 goals in the NHL at least once. I'd bet money on it. He was the OHL defenseman of the year last year, and his 35 goals was the most in the OHL in over 20 years.

He's been cold recently (was on pace for something around 20-25 goals around the ~35 game mark which is incredible for a massive, rookie defenseman.

He has the feet to join the rush with the forwards, he has a good breakout pass, and he has a definite mean streak. He's a good fighter and tries to drive people through the wall.

I could be wrong, but I also remember him playing the right side fairly frequently in juniors.

Downside is he can be a little undisciplined at times, and needs to improve his defensive positioning. Something very common for a young offensive defenseman.

If Stone is extended to Vegas though, you want Brannstrom.

I could be wrong again, but I think Brannstrom can play either side, and he played his offside in the WJC's when he was paired with Dahlin last year.

Elite, elite skating. IQ through the roof, and as good defensively as he is offensively. He can really do it all including laying some good hits for currently being a shrimp.

I see a little Karlsson in him, but I'd say he ends up more like Morgan Rielly. 50-60 point two way guy who is as comfortable on the PK as he is on the PP.

I'd bet my house he at least becomes a solid, minute eating top 4 guy ala Jared Spurgeon. Though I think he will be better. I see a two way #2 defender.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
They are rentals. 3 1sts. 2 2nds and Perreault is more than you'd get anywhere.

The going rate for a rental is 1st plus B prospect... Jets got Stastny for a 1st and B prospect Foley. Chicago got ladd in his prime for 1st plus dano.

You aren't getting as much as you think.

Id be surprised if you got what i offered for both even. In what world do rentals return a huge haul.
Didn’t you say something about the Senators not winning

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
Bobby’s been pretty good lately.

I wonder if there’s a GM out there who thinks 2017 playoff Bobby is still there and would be willing to take a chance to help his team...

Probably not.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Bobby’s been pretty good lately.

I wonder if there’s a GM out there who thinks 2017 playoff Bobby is still there and would be willing to take a chance to help his team...

Probably not.

He's got too much term left for his age+extensive injury history.

I could see a scenario where we'd move him for a bad contract that is better money wise for us and an asset. Something like Ryan to CGY for James Neal and an asset.

Reactions: derriko

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Friedman giving slight hope in signing Stone which hasn't been seen before.

Kyperios mentioning bonus money as the hold up.

**** sakes Melnyk, sell if you can't compete in this league.
I'd be curious to know if his refusal to give market value bonuses has more to do with the lockout looming, or if he just flat out doesn't want to give them.

Pretty hard to compete when you're digging your heels on things like bonus money and trade protection when other teams are lining up on July 1 to give them whatever they want.

Reactions: NB613

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm a bit optimistic about Stone now that Bobby Mac said the main focus was on re-signing him, but not getting my hopes up much more than a notch or two.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad