Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: The "We Still Need a Dman" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
We love you Sather.

not going to lie as a rangers fan when that trade happened hearing we could of had J hayes fans weren't happy. but i felt it was something he owed the oilers. hope cams playing well dude deserved to be a starter

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
We would have twice the goals if we had a capable defence of breaking out of our zone. See what happens on the 2-3 times per game that our D makes a nice pass out of the zone? We score. Or come damn close.

Exactly. In fact, last night, the few times I was surprised to see a clean break out I realized a forward came all the way back to break it out themselves.
There is nothing the team needs more than D that can make a decent first pass.
Can you imagine if Hall and McDavid could ever get the puck on the tape, with speed in the neutral zone?
Our forwards are handicapped by our D.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Rumor has it if Boudreau gets canned the hire is going to be from within the organization. If Ikinzom gets the job do we still get compensation? That would be nice if we did.

HotToddy75

Jun 13, 2011
I'm all for Chiarelli using an offer sheet this off season to convert draft picks into a player for next season.

Seth Jones should be available for an offer sheet if Nashville maintains its self-imposed cap.

Other right shot RFA D men include Tyson Barrie, Erik Gudbranson, and Matt Dumba. LD RFA's include Dmitri Orlov, Olli Maata and Hampus Lindholm.

The UFA crop is ok at best given that nearly all UFA's get scooped up elsewhere anyway.

The team barely has depth at G, and F. No need trading any of them to upgrade the D.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Rumor has it if Boudreau gets canned the hire is going to be from within the organization. If Ikinzom gets the job do we still get compensation? That would be nice if we did.

Man, wouldn't that be great?
A free 3rd round pick and the Ducks being driven right off the cliff.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Chiarelli may target Lindholm anyways. Anaheim is in desperate need of scoring help.

On a semi-related note Cam Fowler is really struggling so far this year.

It would be interesting to see if Chiarelli could pry Fowler for less than normal value.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Nope, we wouldn't get anything. He'd be moving from Anaheim's AHL coach to NHL not from our AHL to their NHL coach.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Fowler is apparently one of the only players doing well this season too. If his coach gets canned for Eakins, I can see some friction developing there, since Eakins has such a strong need for a scapegoat. It'd be typically Eakins to pick his #1 dman too. Lindholm is a good candidate as well since he's European. We all know how Eakins handles those players.

I'm dreaming here...but man oh man would it be killer to pick up Fowler or Lindholm.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Maybe the Ducks will finally implement the Flying V

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Maybe the Ducks will finally implement the Flying V

Too late, we already did it.

3mY0bZw.jpg

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Nope, we wouldn't get anything. He'd be moving from Anaheim's AHL coach to NHL not from our AHL to their NHL coach.
That has nothing to do with it. The Oilers still have an NHL contract with Eakins and are still paying him 4/5 of his NHL salary. Although if I were the Oilers I would give ANA a 2nd just to hire him

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Sami Vatanen might be an interesting target from Anaheim. Rumor has it they won't be able to afford him in the offseason, and he's a puck mover who can provide some offense from the backend. Problem is, he's undersized.

Blocked a ton of shots (123) last season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad