Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: The "We Still Need a Dman" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRadio

Energy Line
Aug 16, 2014
Edmonton
This has been what I've been thinking the last few days. I can't for the life of me think of what Anaheim would want that we have. Obviously our 1st overalls and Draisaitl wouldn't be worth it. I don't think he trades Pouliot as trading him creates another hole and he's a Chiarelli-type of player.

Would they want Nurse? Would Chiarelli trade him? I don't think he would. But after that, what assets would we have to get Fowler? A 1st?
Hall? Could probably get a decent package from Anaheim for him.

Although I would hate to trade him to a divisional rival.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Honestly I'm looking at this team a lot more comfortably now when I look at how well our top 6 is starting to do. I think our D core, when healthy next year, will actually be very good heading into next season if we could just add a guy that pushed them all down the depth chart.

Bring in a top D (even if the trade hurts), he doesn't have to be elite.
Make a few changes to our bottom 6.

Honestly do those things, with our core having enough time to gel with Mclellan, I think this is a top 4 team in the conference next year. Especially with our weakening division, we could be a challenger for 1st in the division.

Thank you McDavid. Thank you!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If San Jose flounders out of the playoff race, I'd target Brent Burns at the deadline for picks/futures.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
If San Jose flounders out of the playoff race, I'd target Brent Burns at the deadline for picks/futures.

He would be absolutely perfect. Huge guy, RH Shot, PP weapon, loves playing for TMac.

Sekera - Burns
Klefbom - Nurse
Reinhart - Gryba

:nod:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm guessing it's the "no longer effective" part.
And he has a point.

No he doesn't they aren't even similar players. Tytuin is a rock solid defensive dman, Nikitin has never been that. Tytuin carried Nikitin to his only good season. I don't understand how you think it's similar. What's similar other than they played for Columbus and are Russian? I guess neither are fleet of foot... Totally different careers and players. If Tytuin is no longer effective it's due to age, Nikitin was in his prime when we signed him.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

People keep saying this but I have no idea how one can realistically expect a deal to happen. Why, oh why would they trade Burns. Let alone to Edmonton. Edmonton also is not making the playoffs this year. Burns is also an impending UFA. I think the Oilers will simply have to wait till the offseason to sort out their D. I only see small to mid level deals being possible, if at all.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
People keep saying this but I have no idea how one can realistically expect a deal to happen. Why, oh why would they trade Burns. Let alone to Edmonton. Edmonton also is not making the playoffs this year. Burns is also an impending UFA. I think the Oilers will simply have to wait till the offseason to sort out their D. I only see small to mid level deals being possible, if at all.

Burns has another year, so there's definitely some appeal there.

I think it would be a near deadline type deal if they are completely out of the race, and then our 1st would be a great piece for them

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Just for lolz

Draisaitl, 2nd for E. Staal, Faulk (re-sign Staal)
RNH for S. Jones
Schultz, 3rd for Hartnell

Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Hall-Staal-Eberle
Hartnell-Lander-Korpikoski
Klinkhammer-Letestu-Slepyshev

Sekera-Faulk
Klefbom-S. Jones
Reinhart-Gryba

If Carolina needs more, replace the 2nd with Reinhart and slot Nurse into the lineup

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just for lolz

Draisaitl, 2nd for E. Staal, Faulk (re-sign Staal)
RNH for S. Jones
Schultz, 3rd for Hartnell

Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Hall-Staal-Eberle
Hartnell-Lander-Korpikoski
Klinkhammer-Letestu-Slepyshev

Sekera-Faulk
Klefbom-S. Jones
Reinhart-Gryba

If Carolina needs more, replace the 2nd with Reinhart and slot Nurse into the lineup

There's no way in hell that Carolina goes for that trade.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
**** trading Draisaitl away.

People need to stop dumping him. Guy is going to be a beast in the NHL.

Trade others... leave Leon alone.

this is precisely why so many people (including me) think we should trade him.... because he would hold a LOT of value in a trade... drai + our 1st rounder this year (likely top 4-7 pick, thereabouts) could potentially land us a legit top pairing dman ....not a legit #1 guy, but a very good #2

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
No he doesn't they aren't even similar players. Tytuin is a rock solid defensive dman, Nikitin has never been that. Tytuin carried Nikitin to his only good season. I don't understand how you think it's similar. What's similar other than they played for Columbus and are Russian? I guess neither are fleet of foot... Totally different careers and players. If Tytuin is no longer effective it's due to age, Nikitin was in his prime when we signed him.

Why would anyone care about the reason a player is not effective? Why should we care about his career? It has nothing to do with his team or his nationality. He's not that good right now. Better than Nikitin, sure, but not what we need.
In my opinion anyway.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
With how well the top 6 are playing, perhaps Eberle could be looked at as the guy to trade. Maybe we could use him (as part of a package) to pry Lindholm or Fowler out of Anaheim?

My only hesitation on making that move though, is that the top 6 would be all left-handed shots and Eberle is by the far the #1 option for the left wall on the PP with his right-handed shot.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
There is absolutely no chance in hell that we are trading Burns, no matter how the rest of the season goes. Give up that pipe dream. The record since the hot start has been mostly due injuries (specifically Couture and Martin) and two atrocious starts by Alex Stalock.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
How much are 31 year old 55-60 point players on the decline worth these days?

With regards to Eric Staal his name carries weight, he's also a massive center and someone will likely see him as someone who is getting less points due to a lack of talent around him. On the open market I'd guessing someone would offer him $7 million.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Schultz purcell and a 1st for pheneuf and matthias

Hall-rnh-drai
Pou-mcd-yak
Korpi-matthias-ebs
Hendo-letestu-lander
Klink

Klef-phaneuf
Nurse-sekera