Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 2: Mo Defence, Mo Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Bob Stauffer‏ account @Bob_Stauffer

Spencer Foo update:
From a WELL-placed source.
4 teams left in the mix: EDM, CAL, Vegas, DET
Decision to be made early next week

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
What if McLellan isnt willing to play him in the top 6.. heck even top 9.
The guy's time in EDM is over IMO... he just doesnt fit despite his "50 pts".

So trading for a worse Eberle helps us how then? Be funny next year when were looking for scoring and Eb's is putting up 60-70 points in New York. This board and the group think on here is infuriating sometimes. Moving Eberle this year literally makes no sense unless its a hockey deal.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
The thing is, Anaheim was going to lose a good player one way or another. VGK allowed them to keep their good players and maximize their trade value with this deal.

yeh sadly it was a win-win for both of our Pacific rivals.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Spencer Foo update:

Love how Bob tweets during the commercial break.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
yes or you keep him for 2 years and you know if Pujlu/Caguilla/slepy/benson/pitlick can handle the work load and if they cant you adjust your cap to fit a UFA that will.

Let's keep RNH so he can shelter Drai and McDavid. I heard that before. Let's keep Ebs so he can shelter Pulju, Slepy, Caggiula. Nothing different.

Get something for Ebs now or lose him in 2 years.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Spencer Foo update:

He put Edmonton 1st, does that mean we are the favorites or is that just his bias talking?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
So trading for a worse Eberle helps us how then? Be funny next year when were looking for scoring and Eb's is putting up 60-70 points in New York. This board is and the group think on here is infuriating sometimes. Moving Eberle this year literally makes no sense unless its a hockey deal.

agree 100%

eberle in a package deal that gets us faulk or barrie im listening

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
Let's keep RNH so he can shelter Drai and McDavid. I heard that before. Let's keep Ebs so he can shelter Pulju, Slepy, Caggiula. Nothing different.

there is no sheltering, its putting players in a position to succeed.

also there is no hard deadline to trade eberle. trading him now and depleting the right wing is a terrible mistake.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
So trading for a worse Eberle helps us how then? Be funny next year when were looking for scoring and Eb's is putting up 60-70 points in New York. This board is and the group think on here is infuriating sometimes. Moving Eberle this year literally makes no sense unless its a hockey deal.

No one should be happy with a Ebs for Strome deal but it:

opens up a roster spot for a Williams.
Gives us Strome who might click better with McDavid or Draisaitl.
cap relief for next season when McDavid's next deal kicks in

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Id rather let him walk in 2 years, then trade him for Strome alone. Strome is quite simply a worse player in every respect.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005

opens up a roster spot for a Williams. --> who doesnt want to play in canada and is 35 years old
Gives us Strome who might click better with McDavid or Draisaitl. --> thats a gamble in itself
cap relief for next season when McDavid's next deal kicks in --> dont need it now
fixed

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
there is no sheltering, its putting players in a position to succeed.

also there is no hard deadline to trade eberle. trading him now and depleting the right wing is a terrible mistake.

So let's play Ebs on the 3rd line? That's putting 6M to good use

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Spencer Foo update:

I'm really surprised Detroit seems to be such a strong contender. They have almost nothing going on prospect-wise, and their NHL team is riddled with over the hill vets and younger players who have played above their ability. Yes, the ice time is there, but I just don't see the potential. The city doesn't exactly scream attraction to me either, although that's only based on what I've heard.

If anything, I think Vegas would be a much better choice.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
jeff marek agreed with me that Colin Miller might be the prize that shakes loose from Vegas.

blathering idiots think alike?

Colin Miller's pretty interesting. Doesn't put up huge counting numbers, his underlying numbers are good but he doesn't play that much. Development could go either way IMO.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I'm really surprised Detroit seems to be such a strong contender. They have almost nothing going on prospect-wise, and their NHL team is riddled with over the hill vets and younger players who have played above their ability. Yes, the ice time is there, but I just don't see the potential. The city doesn't exactly scream attraction to me either, although that's only based on what I've heard.

They have an AHL coach who is getting rave reviews..

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

opens up a roster spot for a Williams.
Gives us Strome who might click better with McDavid or Draisaitl.
cap relief for next season when McDavid's next deal kicks in

1: Theres already a spot for Williams IF he'd sign here which isn't guaranteed.

2: If Strome clicks with Mcdavid or Draisaitl he'll cost us 4-5M to resign anyways next summer. Also I think this idea that Eberle and Mcdavid didn't click doesn't hold a lot of merit. They obviously didn't do as well as expected, but they also didn't play on the 1st PP together throughout the whole season. I think at 5 on 5 they looked half decent.

3: See point 2. Strome will need re-upped next summer and could easily look for 4M+ if he comes in and puts up 50+ points riding shotgun for Mcdavid. Same thing Maroon will probably do.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005

brand new arena and rebuilding team offering ice time and top 6 potential

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Colin Miller's pretty interesting. Doesn't put up huge counting numbers, his underlying numbers are good but he doesn't play that much. Development could go either way IMO.

He's a more polished than Matt Benning from the admittedly handful of games I've seen him play. A solid lock for a top-four position for the next five or six years on any team in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ottawa or Toronto try to make a deal with Vegas to grab him.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
People just don't get it.

Eberle is a 6 million dollar winger and we HAVE to move out salary before the start of the following year.

Sure there are theoretically other ways to get cap relief, RNH for example, but the most obvious and best way to get the amount of cap space we need is by far bar none moving Eberle.

It's very unlikely Eberle's value will go up. Its possible it goes down, and Chiarelli absolutely loses leverage the longer he waits. It's not like Eberle is going to play that much harder for a team actively trying to trade him a full year + before his term is up.

Keeping him one more year is better for this year but you risk getting stuck with him or getting even less than you would now. This is most likely the best time to trade Eberle to get the most for him. And we won't get much, because we need to move him for cap relief, aka little to no cap coming back.

Just the reality of the cap world we live in starting with McDavids contract commencement and continuing for as long as we actually have a team full of playoff worthy players.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005

2: If Strome clicks with Mcdavid or Draisaitl he'll cost us 4-5M to resign anyways next summer. Also I think this idea that Eberle and Mcdavid didn't click doesn't hold a lot of merit. They obviously didn't do as well as expected, but they also didn't play on the 1st PP together throughout the whole season. I think at 5 on 5 they looked half decent.

3: See point 2. Strome will need re-upped next summer and could easily look for 4M+ if he comes in and puts up 50+ points riding shotgun for Mcdavid. Same thing Maroon will probably do.

and if he doesnt click.....which is very possible we gave away a 50+ consistent producer for nothing but cap space we dont need.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

4-5M for Strome to click with either Drai or McDavid is justified.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
I think there's a legit chance we see Eberle for Neal.

I hate Neal the player, but sometimes the guys you hate (Lucic) before he came here, :laugh: are for the best......

One question tho, WHY would you do this one for one swap if you were Vegas? Extra 1mil on cap, and extra year?

Asiaoil

Vperod Bizona!
May 3, 2002
Visit site
This is so reminiscent of last summer. We traded Taylor Hall and the sky is falling, we will never score again, the sky is falling, we wont make the playoffs, the sky is falling.. Rinse, repeat. Funny thing happened though.....we got 103 points in the standing and increased our scoring.

Eberle will be traded for a younger player making less who has the potential to get up to his level which is 20G/50P (not some figure he put up 6 years ago when no one on the team played defense). We will also use the extra cap space to bring in another guy who helps make the team better. You can't separate a side deal that uses caps space generated by trading an expensive player from the main deal.

NHL teams operate in a cap world where the pie is the same size for each team and you have to optimize each piece. Eberle is a very sub-optimal piece for the team at this stage and he will be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad