Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Las Vegas Exp Part 2: Mo Defence, Mo Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
They aren't which is why I think McPhee may have Forsberged some of these deals.

I think McPhee was unwilling to call some team's bluffs (specifically ANA and MIN). They likely said if McPhee doesn't accept this deal, they're trading the assets and vegas will end up with worse assets. McPhee could have called it, maybe would have gotten better assets, but he was looking for the guarantee (as well as the pledge apparently).

Made things simpler in what was likely a hectic few days.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

It's gonna be real bad news for Vegas if those picks and prospects they get in return for not selecting certain players end up busting.

yikes! pretty much ALL of those trades are terrible for vegas... no idea why they would do any of them to be honest, literally not one of those trades is even remotely good, lol.... fine by me though, i'm happy to have a hapless opponent in our division

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Except if he would consider that more a negative than positive considering the fishbowl it could be. he might consider Calgary a 'best of both worlds' situation where he could play close to home, but have at least a little bit of separation.

He wouldn't be the first Edmontonian who didn't want to play for the Oilers. I guess within the next 5 days or so we'll finally have an end to this little tempest in a teapot drama.

Projecting forward, playing in Seattle isn't that far away either.:naughty:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I think there's a legit chance we see Eberle for Neal.

This would amazing. I don't how this trade would be seen from a neutral perspective, but my biased sense tells me that this would be a win for Edmonton.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
what about defense?
Give Russell 4Mx4yrs?

Then comes the next year where ALL of McDavid, Nurse, Benning, Brossoit, Slepychev, Caggiula, Maroon and Letestu require new deals and we still have the miscast Eberle making 6M on our team.

It is safe to say McLellan is done with him. Playing Slepy and Caggiula ahead of him 5on5 and Letestu on the PP.

Both RNH and Eberle need to be traded for players making less then 4M in the next 3 years. Theres no rush to do it right now though, and you could probably make Eb's work if he's willing to resign for 3.5-4M once his current deal is up.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This would amazing. I don't how this trade would be seen from a neutral perspective, but my biased sense tells me that this would be a win for Edmonton.

Edmonton would probably have to throw in a pick or prospect, but Neal didn't exactly have a standout year either.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
How is Stoner and Theodore worth either Manson or Vatanen. VGK should take Vatanen and flip him for more turn than Theodore.

yeah, this is crazy talk if its what vegas actually does.... manson would return a LOT more than that on the open market... again, couldn't be happier if they do this, but it really doesn't make any sense

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Both RNH and Eberle need to be traded for players making less then 4M in the next 3 years. Theres no rush to do it right now though, and you could probably make Eb's work if he's willing to resign for 3.5-4M once his current deal is up.

What if McLellan isnt willing to play him in the top 6.. heck even top 9.
The guy's time in EDM is over IMO... he just doesnt fit despite his "50 pts".

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

yes or you keep him for 2 years and you know if Pujlu/Caguilla/slepy/benson/pitlick can handle the work load and if they cant you adjust your cap to fit a UFA that will.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Manson is a 25 year old late bloomer. He's good but come on. There is literally no chance he will be better than Lindholm.

Theodore is 21. His WHL and AHL numbers indicate he should be a 55-60 point producer in the NHL. Legit stud.

That rarely ever translates. Theodore isn't as good as speculated.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
What if McLellan isnt willing to play him in the top 6.. heck even top 9.
The guy's time in EDM is over IMO... he just doesnt fit despite his "50 pts".

well thats going to happen........

seeing as only Mcdavid, lucic, Nuge and DRai averaged more time on ice than eberle.

but hey now eberle is yakupov

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
yeah, this is crazy talk if its what vegas actually does.... manson would return a LOT more than that on the open market... again, couldn't be happier if they do this, but it really doesn't make any sense

apparently the deals were made well before the teams list their exposed players.
ANA would not have left Manson exposed if there was no deal in place.

I hope Vegas GM gets boo'd when they announce that they pick Clayton friggin Stoner from ANA and Eric friggin Haula from MIN.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Stauffer downplaying July 1 from an Oilers POV.

I don't really mind that, no use vastly overpaying for secondary scoring and bottom 3 dmen. In terms of free agency, I only see us signing Russell, Foo (if he decides to play here), and possibly a backup goalie for Talbot that can play 20+ games.

CornKicker

Feb 18, 2005
My bad, at first I read it as Methot and Chris Neil before realizing Vegas is taking Methot. I could get behind Methot and James Neal.

BTW I'm not in favour of Strome either, if that's what you were insinuating.

not you just the general jist of this thread that Strome + cap space > >>>>> actual nhl player eberle

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think you could go two ways with Vegas and Eberle here:

1 - Eberle + Pouliot + 22nd for Methot + Smith + 2nd round pick

2 - Eberle, Bear, 3rd round pick for Methot + Neal

North

Jun 25, 2009
apparently the deals were made well before the teams list their exposed players.
ANA would not have left Manson exposed if there was no deal in place.

I hope Vegas GM gets boo'd when they announce that they pick Clayton friggin Stoner from ANA and Eric friggin Haula from MIN.

The thing is, Anaheim was going to lose a good player one way or another. VGK allowed them to keep their good players and maximize their trade value with this deal.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
well thats going to happen........

seeing as only Mcdavid, lucic, Nuge and DRai averaged more time on ice than eberle.

but hey now eberle is yakupov

That is when McLellan didnt have enough him and hoped he would start going on the top 2 lines. He averaged around 12mins in the last few games vs ANA after Mclellan had enough of him and preferred Slepychev and Caggiula over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad