Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Gryba is 25 in a month

Thanks for the correction, my mistake.

However I still wouldn't trade him for older worn out players, makes no sense.

The Sens with Methot, Cowen, Gryba are significantly more difficult to play against than the Sens D in recent history. With Karlsson, Weircoich moving the puck and anchoring the PP the Sens D is better than most realize.

If anything I would like to see Murray add a big tough 5/6 guy to the mix.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I see the defence of the future as:

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - XXX
Wiercioch - Gryba

So ideally we'd pick up a solid 3/4 who can man the PP. Whether that's an older guy for 2/3 years until Ceci is ready, or a younger guy to build around, is what remains to be seen.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - XXX
Wiercioch - Gryba

So ideally we'd pick up a solid 3/4 who can man the PP. Whether that's an older guy for 2/3 years until Ceci is ready, or a younger guy to build around, is what remains to be seen.

Method/Karlsson
Cowen/Weircioch or Gryba
Phillips/Weircioch or Gryba

if either Weircioch or Gryba cant handle top 4 and the Ottawa is in a playoff spot next year veteran for a 2nd at the deadline.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Method/Karlsson
Cowen/Weircioch or Gryba
Phillips/Weircioch or Gryba

if either Weircioch or Gryba cant handle top 4 and the Ottawa is in a playoff spot next year veteran for a 2nd at the deadline.

If it's all the same, I'd rather just sign a veteran in the offseason, save the 2nd rounder, and if Gryba or Weircioch play their way into top-4 minutes, then good for them.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - XXX
Wiercioch - Gryba

2/3 years for Ceci I highly doubt that ..Year tops if he doesnt make it out of Camp ..

I also dont doubt if Ceci gets a emergency call up this season ..And for those who cant read Im not saying he will play but its a option

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how far away Ceci is.

Murray has come out and pretty much said he's regressed this season since being drafted. I agree with that. He'll have a bit of a hard time transitioning to the faster more physical pro game. He'll probably be Bingo's #5/6 dman next season. I personally think he's 2-3 years away from being a regular on the Sens blueline. He needs to work on a lot of things with Richardson.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at how far away Ceci is.

Murray has come out and pretty much said he's regressed this season since being drafted. I agree with that. He'll have a bit of a hard time transitioning to the faster more physical pro game. He'll probably be Bingo's #5/6 dman next season. I personally think he's 2-3 years away from being a regular on the Sens blueline. He needs to work on a lot of things with Richardson.

What are you talking about ? I love when people make stuff up ..2 months ago Murray and Maclean said he was a tough decision not too keep Ceci in Ottawa ..So your claiming he is 5/6 dmen in Bingo ..lol

Ceci said in January 2013 " I talked to Bryan Murray and Paul MacLean, and they said it would be the best decision for me to continue on (in junior) and that I made it a tough decision for them, a lot tougher than they thought it would be," Ceci said.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/16/cody-ceci-not-leaving-ottawa-for-long

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah I think before training camp Murray said they saw him as a project a couple years away. But I'm fairly certain that was before training camp.

John Holmes*

What are you talking about ? I love when people make stuff up ..2 months ago Murray and Maclean said he was a tough decision not too keep Ceci in Ottawa ..So you claiming he is 5/6 dmen in Bingo ..lol

Ceci said in January 2013 " I talked to Bryan Murray and Paul MacLean, and they said it would be the best decision for me to continue on (in junior) and that I made it a tough decision for them, a lot tougher than they thought it would be," Ceci said.

Cowen got sent back twice.

Don't pencil Ceci into your lineup just yet. He isn't close.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
What are you talking about ? I love when people make stuff up ..2 months ago Murray and Maclean said he was a tough decision not too keep Ceci in Ottawa ..So your claiming he is 5/6 dmen in Bingo ..lol

I watch Ceci play all the time in the OHL. He's regressed. Murray said as much on the Team 1200. I'm not going to search through and find the voice clip so you can believe me or not believe me, I really don't give a ****. I've been Ceci's #1 fan since before we drafted him. Why would I make that up? Not only do I judge off Murray's comments but also what I see with my own 2 eyes.

Yes I believe he won't be more then a #5/6 next season with PP time. His defensive zone coverage has not improved since his draft year and he's really no more physical then he's ever been. He has tons of area's he NEEDS to improve on before he's an NHL player. These things don't all of a sudden get fixed over night. It's going to take a lot of work in Bingo with Richardson and his staff. Ceci seems like a good kid who's eager to learn so I'm not worried about it at all. It will take some time though, that's for certain.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Cowen got sent back twice.

Don't pencil Ceci into your lineup just yet. He isn't close.

Im not all.... I think he has a shot and if its a up and down type of season so be it ..

But definitely not 2/3 years or 5/6 dmenin AHL ..Which is ridiculous

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Im not all.... I think he has a shot and if its a up and down type of season so be it ..

But definitely not 2/3 years or 5/6 dmenin AHL ..Which is ridiculous

Why is it ridiculous? I said next season, not forever. He is not very good in his own zone. He is going to need to be sheltered to start his pro career. Look at the WJ camp. He was one of the first cuts this season. Last season as a 17 year old he was one of the last cuts. He hasn't improved the way anyone has hoped this season. It's going to be a battle for Ceci in the AHL next season.

John Holmes*

Do you think Ceci is ahead of where Cowen was in junior at the same age?

Nov 16, 2007
in your head

No I don't. Cowen showed improvements in every aspect of his game every season after being drafted. That's what you look for top prospects to do. Now in Ceci's defense, he was on one of the worst teams in the entire CHL for a large part of the season so progression wasn't as easy to come by for Ceci as it was for Cowen who was on a much better junior team.

The Sens management should have been pushing for Ceci to be dealt sooner then he was when it was obvious he wasn't improved much if at all with the 67s. I feel like the defensive system they play (or didn't play) did a lot of harm to Ceci's game.

*we also have to remember Cowen was a top 5 (maybe top 3) prospect in his draft class before his injury, so comparing Cowen to Ceci is a little unfair. Like Farva said, Ceci is better offensively, but he dreams about being nearly as good as Cowen in every other aspect of the game. Cowen is a way smarter defensive player.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011

Cowen was different alot scouts had him as top 5 pick if he wasnt injured

Im not saying Ceci is going to be slotted in as Top 4 next season but I do believe he has a shot

Cowen Karlsson
Methot Ceci

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Cowen was different alot scouts had him as top 5 pick if he wasnt injured

Im not saying Ceci is going to be slotted in as Top 4 next season but I do believe he has a shot

Cowen Karlsson
Methot Ceci

Ceci has about the same chance of making our top 4 next year as Seth Jones does.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
All are dmen spend time in AHL even Cowen and Karlsson both saw time in Bingo Ceci wont be any different but he wont be 2/3 years away

Yes, I was responding to you saying that he could play in our top 4 next year. Cowen played in the AHL when he was still in junior, and once he was 20 never saw another game in the AHL (aside from lockout). Karlsson saw 15 or so games as a 19 year old.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
You can't say with certainty he isn't 2-3 years away, just like I said I THINK he'll be 2-3 years away based off what I've seen this season compared to last season, which is that he has not progressed much if at all. Unless his progression takes a few giant steps next season, he will probably be 2-3 years away.

I don't know why your panties are so bunched up about it. Defenceman taking that long is not out of this world. You're acting like I've written him off. Don't get so offended when someone does not agree with you.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Yes, I was responding to you saying that he could play in our top 4 next year. Cowen played in the AHL when he was still in junior, and once he was 20 never saw another game in the AHL (aside from lockout). Karlsson saw 15 or so games as a 19 year old.

Sorry maybe I said that wrong then what I meant is he wont be slotted in the top 4 ..I believe he has a chance of making the team where he plays is up too Stache

Look at what the team has after Gonchar leaves as R handed offensive dmen ..

Put them vs Ceci ..Most of are Dmen are L handed

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I didn't know we could only lose free agents and not add any. Silly me I guess.

Rushing Ceci would be terrible. Him being in the NHL next season is rushing him. He had a lot of trouble with OHL forwards this season. How do you think he'll do against grown men? This is not rocket science here.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
You can't say with certainty he isn't 2-3 years away, just like I said I THINK he'll be 2-3 years away based off what I've seen this season compared to last season, which is that he has not progressed much if at all. Unless his progression takes a few giant steps next season, he will probably be 2-3 years away.

I don't know why your panties are so bunched up about it. Defenceman taking that long is not out of this world. You're acting like I've written him off. Don't get so offended when someone does not agree with you.

haha Im not offended or upset I just dont agree with you ..your facts that you claim are your person opinion which is fine but they arent based on any solid statements from Murray Maclean or any Sens management ..

But you keep saying 2/3 years and 5/6 dmen in bingo :help: and you dont have any proof too support your claims

So just stop

Im done guess we will all see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad