Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Bouwmeester on the Senators makes no sense unless management feels Cowen's injury could seriously affect his play

Both Cowen and Karlsson are 20+ minute dmen, we don't need a third one.

I think that is why I want him here the most. He won't have to be a 20+ minute guy, and can play on our second unit PP and on our PK.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Bouwmeester on the Senators makes no sense unless management feels Cowen's injury could seriously affect his play

I think this year is proof that you can never have enough depth in your organization. Especially when it comes to replacing top end talent.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Just sayin, every team besides Edmonton + Philly has 3-4 D playing 20+ mins a game. MTL even has 5.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well, there are 120 mins to go around for 6 dmen, Say Cowen and Karlsson take 25 each, that leaves 70 for the remaining 4. Bottom pairing guys get 15 mins each, that leave 40 for the middle two, and bingo bango, you have four 20 min Dmen.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well, there are 120 mins to go around for 6 dmen, Say Cowen and Karlsson take 25 each, that leaves 70 for the remaining 4. Bottom pairing guys get 15 mins each, that leave 40 for the middle two, and bingo bango, you have four 20 min Dmen.

i'd rather have the 6.6 go somewhere else, like a top 6 winger.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think that is why I want him here the most. He won't have to be a 20+ minute guy, and can play on our second unit PP and on our PK.

Bouwmeester might want to play as much as he can, I don't think he'd enjoy being "underutilized"

Just sayin, every team besides Edmonton + Philly has 3-4 D playing 20+ mins a game. MTL even has 5.

Would not have thought that....

Wait 5 dmen playing 20 minutes does not work: that's 100 minutes of ice time when there's only 60 in a game. Am I missing something?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Bouwmeester might want to play as much as he can, I don't think he'd enjoy being "underutilized"

Wait 5 dmen playing 20 minutes does not work: that's 100 minutes of ice time when there's only 60 in a game. Am I missing something?

2D men x 60 minutes = ?

Berserker*

It sounds like Brenden Morrow is almost a sure bet to be moved at or before the trade deadline. Apparently he isn't the same player that he was before but he could still be an interesting trade option to add depth for the playoffs.

odhiambo

Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone know what happened to Mattias Karlsson? He played in Bingo a couple of years ago and posted over 50Pts. Had good size too...

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Does anyone know what happened to Mattias Karlsson? He played in Bingo a couple of years ago and posted over 50Pts. Had good size too...

Around the time of his AHL career peaking, he had a newborn on the way and opted to sign in Sweden instead of signing another two-way in Ottawa.

WhiteLight*

zFnuoVu.jpg

You're awesome Benny

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It sounds like Brenden Morrow is almost a sure bet to be moved at or before the trade deadline. Apparently he isn't the same player that he was before but he could still be an interesting trade option to add depth for the playoffs.

I don't think Morrow really offers much as a rental currently. The way he's played the game over his career and his size have probably caught up with him. I'd think that the Stars are ready to move on and give the captaincy to Benn. In which case I'd look at him as a reclamation project in the summer if Latendresse isn't re-signed.

Short list of bargain bin/reclamation players:
PM Bouchard
Brendan Morrow
Ryan Clowe

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

As pointed out earlier 20 X 6 :D Also, Subban missed the first several games and Diaz got huge minutes for the first 10 or so. Since then it has even out a lot. They will probably finish with only 4 or possibly even 3 guys with 20+.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I just hope we find out the extent to which Ottawa is on a budget from this point on. If Melnyk is really hurting to spend money on the hockey team then I hope he brings in some partners/co-owners that have money to burn. It would be really unfortunate to never have a true shot at a championship because Ottawa is a small market team.

Don't believe Melnyk is hurting to spend money, just not willing to spend it as foolishly as he may have been in the past.

The Senators cannot spend to the cap and be profitable, while at the same time maintaining the lowest ticket prices for NHL hockey in Canada and with the smallest season ticket base.

Melnyk adding deep pocketed partners won't change this reality, people with millions of dollars don't generally throw it away.

IMO Melnyk has shown a willingness to spend. So when Murray indicates there is a player available that is a young top tier talent that will accelerate the rebuild, then I believe the Sens will spend.

However, the Sens won't spend on minor upgrades, they will just allow the kids to develop because simply spending doesn't equate to success.

It takes the right mix of players, the right chemistry, and a great blend of personalities to run and win in the marathon to the Stanley Cup.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Is Morrow expiring? Thats probably the only scenario where I see him being interesting to BM.

His physical play has destroyed his body, and hes pretty much done, though I think he could be a solid, gritty third liner for 2-3 more years, but not at his current price tag

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Melnyk will fork out the cash if it's worth it.

In the next 2 years these are the guys I would see as "worth it" for Ottawa:

Forwards

Alexander Semin (2013)
Corey Perry (2013)
Derek Roy (2013)

Marian Gaborik (2014)
Patrick Marleau (2014)
Mike Cammalleri (2014)

Defencemen

Lubomir Visnovsky (2013)
Mark Streit (2013)
Jordan Leopold (2013)
Ian White (2013)

Jay Bouwmeester (2014)
Dan Boyle (2014)
Andrej Meszaros (2014)
Niklas Hjalmarsson (2014)

-----

Now as far as contracts and money goes...well, who knows.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Boyle is actually an interesting potential option next year especially if Phillips retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->