Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdoorpass

do not want the two guys from edmonton, teubert sucks, and we are in position to trade 2 guys for 1 better, because we have so many prospects

also ceci should be able to play next year(doesnt mean he will play) but i think he will be capable to play especially with a good summer, his feet and big ice against russians shook his confidence and played bad when he came back over, and he was left off the wjc team but thats a questionable call, he was better then some of those guys i think, hes big can skate (straight ahead he can go for big guy) passes the puck hard and accurate and shoots the puck a ton, i personally think he should go to the A though and learn from luke a bit and come up mid season when there is an injury and he should be able to stick, one thing he needs to learn is keep one hand on his stick when defending, weather its 2-1s 1-1s and so on he likes to keep two hands, once he learns that he will be fine, in this nhl if you have a good stick you can play defence

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Of course, everybody on here only want to trade for the elite players which we just never seen to get although there are always tons of threads about who could possibly be available. It takes all kinds of players to make a championship team & if you look at every Stanley Cup champion they all have guys in the bottom of the order who most here would consider a scrub.

What exactly do you expect to get for Bishop? I assume a 2nd rd draft pick & who is to say the guy we pick up with that pick doesn't turn into another Filatov? We have a top notch scouting staff, no question, but every scouting staff make mistakes or just pick the wrong guy sometimes. It's an educated crap shoot. Teubert could turn into an enforcer, was Carkner or McGratton a scrub to you? All they need to do is fill a need & right now rumour has it Murray is looking for a heavyweight. It will be interesting to see what he is willing to give up to get it too.

i'd rather have a 2nd round pick than the two guys from edmonton.

and murray never actually came out and said he's looking to add a heavyweight.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We aren't looking for a heavy weight. We are looking to add muscle. That's two different things.

We're looking for a guy who can play but is also physical/strong.

Berserker*

Of course, everybody on here only want to trade for the elite players which we just never seen to get although there are always tons of threads about who could possibly be available. It takes all kinds of players to make a championship team & if you look at every Stanley Cup champion they all have guys in the bottom of the order who most here would consider a scrub.

What exactly do you expect to get for Bishop? I assume a 2nd rd draft pick & who is to say the guy we pick up with that pick doesn't turn into another Filatov? We have a top notch scouting staff, no question, but every scouting staff make mistakes or just pick the wrong guy sometimes. It's an educated crap shoot. Teubert could turn into an enforcer, was Carkner or McGratton a scrub to you? All they need to do is fill a need & right now rumour has it Murray is looking for a heavyweight. It will be interesting to see what he is willing to give up to get it too.

I wouldn't bank on Teubert ever becoming a heavyweight enforcer. He doesn't really have a history of taking on any notable fighters or being much of an enforcer. Besides that Gryba and Sdao basically bring the same thing to the table already. Therefore if we acquired him we would basically just be pushing one of those guys out of a spot down the line.

If you are looking for a young d man who could become another Carkner, I think Dylan McIlrath would be your target. McIlrath is arguably better than Teubert at everything including fighting/enforcing.

At this point it is hard to tell whether Murray is looking for a heavyweight enforcer or just a physical player that can fight. From his interview on team 1200 today it sounds like he is evaluating both alternatives and hasn't really decided which route to take at this point. If he does decide to go after a heavyweight, he will be targeting a guy that could step into that role now, not some prospect that maybe be a Heavy down the line. In terms of which heavyweight he will target, the top free agents are Jeremy Yablonski, Trevor Gillies and George Laraque and the most likely trade option is George Parros. Now we know for sure that it isn't Laraque because Dregger has already ruled him out. My guess is that if they go with a heavy, they target Yablonski because he has a history with the organization and was well liked. He was even being considered for the enforcing position before Carkner made the team. He had a one way AHL contract and they decided to renegotiate that into a two way contract, which would indicate that he was in serious consideration to play some games.

Aside from that Murray may target a solid player who can fight heavyweights. In that case the most likely options are Ryane Clowe and Chris Stewart. Stewart is the better option of the two because he is younger and arguably has better upside. He may be a serious target because they could take out two birds with one stone if they got him. He would up the toughness by a considerable amount and the fact that he is a proven 30 goal scorer, he would also help boost the offence and help with our scoring woes.

Some of the other players who could also be targeted are Wayne Simmonds, Scott Hartnell, Curtiss Glencross and Cal Clutterbuck.

Berserker*

I'm pretty sure Yablonski has had one NHL fight...

And he lost.

(It might have been against Brashear?)

His only regular season NHL fight was against Todd Fedoruk and dropyourgloves.com says he won that fight. I think Yablonski was quoted as saying that he challenged Brashear the whole game and Brashear wouldn't fight him.

Edit: Yablonski was one of the top fighters in the AHL for a number of years so you can't really knock his fighting ability, Here is a compilation of some of his fights while he was with Binghamton:

Last edited by a moderator:

leftwinglocker

Go Knights !
Jul 22, 2010
What would it take for you guys to move our Clarkson captain (Boro) to Philly ? A mid round pick? Would love to have him there. You guys don't seem to need him and there's a risk for you that he becomes a Group VI UFA at the end of next season if you don't get him to 80 games in the NHL by then.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
After the Getzlaf deal. It looks like Perry will become a UFA...

How long after signing a 1 year deal can a player sign an extension?

Would this work...

Sign Perry to a 1 year max deal(with a verbal/written/backdoor agreement) to sign an 8 year extension as soon as that day comes.

Year 1= 9M cash/cap hit
Years 2-9= 8.25M cap hit

Turns a 7 year UFA deal into a 9 year UFA deal.

There is some risk of course but also 15+ M extra with the 2 extra years.

Could it work?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
After the Getzlaf deal. It looks like Perry will become a UFA...

How long after signing a 1 year deal can a player sign an extension?

Would this work...

Sign Perry to a 1 year max deal(with a verbal/written/backdoor agreement) to sign an 8 year extension as soon as that day comes.

Year 1= 9M cash/cap hit
Years 2-9= 8.25M cap hit

Turns a 7 year UFA deal into a 9 year UFA deal.

There is some risk of course but also 15+ M extra with the 2 extra years.

Could it work?

Ducks have 20 mil to sign 5-8 players. Teemu, Perry, Lydman and Koivu are the notable UFA, and Palmeieri as a RFA.

I think they can make it work but would love to sign Perry if it doesn't.

Maybe BFF from his London knights days Methot can convince him that with Karlsson and Spezza feeding him tap ins he can hit 50 again #pipe-dream

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
What would it take for you guys to move our Clarkson captain (Boro) to Philly ? A mid round pick? Would love to have him there. You guys don't seem to need him and there's a risk for you that he becomes a Group VI UFA at the end of next season if you don't get him to 80 games in the NHL by then.

I'd rather keep him as the #7 or as the first call-up from Bingo in event of an injury. Dealing him for a mid round pick is lateral at best.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
I have to shake my head at people listing Chris Stewart as a legitimate target because he happens to fit the mold of the player we want. First of all, he's the Blues' leading scorer. Secondly, they are a Stanley Cup contender this year. Thirdly, they would be insane to trade that player. And fourth? It would be prohibitively expensive to obtain him.

Seriously, if 25-year-old powerforward Chris Stewart was a Sen what would you demand in return as a fan? I believe the Blues would rightly demand the following....

Cowen, Zibby, 1st round pick in 2013

.... and they still wouldn't do the deal this year because Cowen is injured.

That is an over-payment of the highest order and that's why it wouldn't happen. Clowe out of San Jose is a much better option IF the team is serious about acquiring a guy who can play and bang bodies and drop the gloves.

Clowe is on the wrong side of 30 and isn't scoring for the Sharks and could probably be had for a prospect and a pick. But if there is a bidding war for his services it will jack up the price to Puempel + a 1st round pick or something like that and I probably wouldn't do it.... I'm thinking of the return we got for Fisher which was a 1st.........

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Instead of signing yablonski couldn't we just call up Jessiman?

I was wondering about that as well, he is huge & seems to play a decent game but I haven't heard much about him dropping the gloves. Personally, why not bring up Kramer for a couple of games to see where he is at?

Kramer - Z. Smith - Neil line will be fun to watch some day.

I have to shake my head at people listing Chris Stewart as a legitimate target because he happens to fit the mold of the player we want. First of all, he's the Blues' leading scorer. Secondly, they are a Stanley Cup contender this year. Thirdly, they would be insane to trade that player. And fourth? It would be prohibitively expensive to obtain him.

Seriously, if 25-year-old powerforward Chris Stewart was a Sen what would you demand in return as a fan? I believe the Blues would rightly demand the following....

That is an over-payment of the highest order and that's why it wouldn't happen. Clowe out of San Jose is a much better option IF the team is serious about acquiring a guy who can play and bang bodies and drop the gloves.

Clowe is on the wrong side of 30 and isn't scoring for the Sharks and could probably be had for a prospect and a pick. But if there is a bidding war for his services it will jack up the price to Puempel + a 1st round pick or something like that and I probably wouldn't do it.... I'm thinking of the return we got for Fisher which was a 1st.........

That's my point, people are always wanting guys that are going to cost way too much. They should have tried to get Stewart last yr when he was having an off yr. Maybe Murray should be looking towards the future & get an indication what Washington would want for Tom Wilson & the NYR for Dylan McIlrath? Granted they may still be a few yrs away from regular NHL duty but then Ottawa would be set for yrs in the toughness department when you include who we already have. They might be expensive but they could also be exactly what the team may need going forward.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Yep...players have never had bad streaks, or bad games, and only players that make the U20 team have ever played in the NHL at a young age.

:shakehead

Ceci has the size, skating and intelligence to make the jump. He played really well in camp and IIRC they had talked about it being a tough decision to not give him the 5 games or whatever.

Fair enough but realistically Ceci is a longshot at best to make the team next year

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
do not want the two guys from edmonton, teubert sucks, and we are in position to trade 2 guys for 1 better, because we have so many prospects

also ceci should be able to play next year(doesnt mean he will play) but i think he will be capable to play especially with a good summer, his feet and big ice against russians shook his confidence and played bad when he came back over, and he was left off the wjc team but thats a questionable call, he was better then some of those guys i think, hes big can skate (straight ahead he can go for big guy) passes the puck hard and accurate and shoots the puck a ton, i personally think he should go to the A though and learn from luke a bit and come up mid season when there is an injury and he should be able to stick, one thing he needs to learn is keep one hand on his stick when defending, weather its 2-1s 1-1s and so on he likes to keep two hands, once he learns that he will be fine, in this nhl if you have a good stick you can play defence

Fair enough but realistically Ceci is a longshot at best to make the team next year

I agree, but I also agree with BDP. I don't know if "longshot" is the right word...I don't think he'll make it right away but he has a good chance at being a call-up next year IMO. There are a lot of factors involved.

Gryba has looked real good this year though and having him is nice too.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci/Wierchioch

That wouldn't be bad to go with either.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
I agree, but I also agree with BDP. I don't know if "longshot" is the right word...I don't think he'll make it right away but he has a good chance at being a call-up next year IMO. There are a lot of factors involved.

Gryba has looked real good this year though and having him is nice too.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci/Wierchioch

That wouldn't be bad to go with either.

Still a little young with Cowen,Wier,Ceci,Gryba and phillips being older..Still would love the Sens to trade for a top d-man like Yandle. Top 4 of

Methot Karlsson
Cowen Yandle

Could be amongst the best in the league.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
That 2nd pairing spot vacated (?) by Gonchar will go a long way to determine the likelihood of Ceci making it out of camp, or going down to the A. I agree with BDP that is the way to go, as a rule.

Really early to say, but lets say we stand pat on moves, and Gryba finds some consistency in his game.

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gryba
Wiercioch-Ceci/Phillips

Spot duty for Ceci until he has his footing, then some type of rotation based on merit.

:dunno:

Thinking out loud.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Where do people come up with these valuations? Thank God this team's management doesn't function the same way HF does.

Also, Stewart is a UFA at the end of the season. Why would they pay that package in a trade when he could likely be had for cap space on July 1?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

I believe you are quoting an old CBA.

(c) Group VI Free Agents.

Any Group VI Player shall, at the expiration of his
Player Contract, become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be
completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any
Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign
a Player Contract with such Player without penalty or
restriction, or being subject to any Right of First Refusal,
Draft Choice Compensation or any other compensation or
equalization obligation of any kind.

(d) Draft Related Unrestricted Free Agents.

(i) Any Player not eligible for claim in
any future Entry Draft pursuant to this Agreement and not on a
Club's Reserve List shall be an unrestricted free agent.
Further, any player eligible for claim in the Entry Draft but who
was unclaimed shall be an unrestricted free agent subject to the
provisions of Section 8.9(b).

(ii) Each player referred to in subsection
(d)(i) above shall, during the period of his free agency in
accordance with Section 8.9(b), if applicable, be completely
free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club and
any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player
Contract with such player without penalty or restriction subject
to the provisions of Article 9, if applicable, and without being
subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation
or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

That is what happened to Justin Schultz if I am not mistaken. He did not sign a contract with the Ducks so he was free to leave as a UFA.

Mark Borowiecki is under an NHL entry level contract. He remains a RFA after this contract. He remains property of the Sens.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Why is Ceci such a longshot?

Yashin - Draft 1992 - Played 1993
Daigle - Draft 1993 - Played 1993
Bonk - Draft 1994 - Played 1994
Redden - Draft 1995 - Played 1996 (I know we didn't draft him,but same ****)
Phillips - Draft 1996 - Played 1997
Hossa - Draft 1997 - Played 1997/1998
Chouinard - Draft 1998 - Played - N/A
Havlat - Draft 1999 - Played 2000
Volchenkov - Draft 2000 - Played 2002
Spezza - Draft 2001 - Played 2002
Gleason - Draft 2001 - Traded/Played 2003
Klepis - Draft 2002 - Bust/Played 2005
Eaves - Draft 2003 - Played 2005
Meszaros - Draft 2004 - Played 2005
Foligno - Draft 2005 - Played 2007
O'Brien - Draft 2008 - Played 2010/2011
Karlsson - Draft 2009 - Played 2009
Cowen - Draft 2010 - Played 2011
Zbad - Draft 2011 - Played 2011/2012

So, out of 19 prospects in the first round, twelve played in their first or second seasons. Two busted and never played meaningful games, and the remaining five played in their 3rd year after the draft or at least got a few games.

I'd say, given his performance in the CHL this season, we will see Ceci in a limited capacity at the very least.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Clowe would be a realistic option. He is not having a good year in San Jose, is a UFA at season's end, so how much would SJ realistically ask for him? He is a top 6 power forward and a heavyweight, basically he's comparable to Lucic. He would add some toughness to our group, and hopefully a change of scenery would get him going offensively.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Why is Ceci such a longshot?

Yashin - Draft 1992 - Played 1993
Daigle - Draft 1993 - Played 1993
Bonk - Draft 1994 - Played 1994
Redden - Draft 1995 - Played 1996 (I know we didn't draft him,but same ****)
Phillips - Draft 1996 - Played 1997
Hossa - Draft 1997 - Played 1997/1998
Chouinard - Draft 1998 - Played - N/A
Havlat - Draft 1999 - Played 2000
Volchenkov - Draft 2000 - Played 2002
Spezza - Draft 2001 - Played 2002
Gleason - Draft 2001 - Traded/Played 2003
Klepis - Draft 2002 - Bust/Played 2005
Eaves - Draft 2003 - Played 2005
Meszaros - Draft 2004 - Played 2005
Foligno - Draft 2005 - Played 2007
O'Brien - Draft 2008 - Played 2010/2011
Karlsson - Draft 2009 - Played 2009
Cowen - Draft 2010 - Played 2011

Zbad - Draft 2011 - Played 2011/2012

So, out of 19 prospects in the first round, twelve played in their first or second seasons. Two busted and never played meaningful games, and the remaining five played in their 3rd year after the draft or at least got a few games.

I'd say, given his performance in the CHL this season, we will see Ceci in a limited capacity at the very least.

All these guys were drafted in different years. Foligno in 06, O'brien in 07 (and this is his first full year), Karlsson in 08, Cowen in 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad