Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
At one point i dreamed of landing Johansen, it seems his development has fallen off?
i just dont hear anything about him anymore.

He got called up for tonight ..So fair 12 games 2a and -8

Murray could get him and give the the time too develop in Bingo with Puempel Noesen Prince Stone Ceci etc he could be solid replacement for Spezza down the road

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
There is a David Perron thread on the main board now.
Now this is a player i'd like.
Natural scoring winger.

Seems like an exciting player to watch as well.

Cujomi GO GET HIM! ATTAAAACK!

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Johansen soap opera is what im reading from Jacket fans that the coach isnt a big fan of Ryan and he was sent down then brought right back on the request of Jarmo ..

Please tell me we have some scouts there

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I would absolutely do Brassard for Bishop straight up. Yea we could possibly squeeze out a similar player and a decent pick, like a 3rd, but who else is there that is actually available? Brassard also could benefit from a change of scenery and improve.

The guy is from the area so theres a solid chance at re-signing him, and he has never played on a good team. Its been Nash, him out of place as a 1C, and nothing else really.

Johansen would also be awesome. He was flashing potential last year, just hasnt seemed to improve that much this year. I saw him a lot in Portland, and theres some definite upside there. He will definentely cost more regardless of his performance so far due to draft pedigree alone.

I don't know whether he could change to wing, but he would be good there imo. Has good hands, can pass or score, and is a big body. I think he could be a solid 25-35 guy on the first or second line if he switched to wing.

Also, I wouldn't mind BM inquiring about Atkinson, though I know the CBJ fans have a huge man crush on him

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Johansen soap opera is what im reading from Jacket fans that the coach isnt a big fan of Ryan and he was sent down then brought right back on the request of Jarmo ..

Please tell me we have some scouts there

Oh man I already saw similarities to Spezza before reading this.:laugh:

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
I would absolutely do Brassard for Bishop straight up. Yea we could possibly squeeze out a similar player and a decent pick, like a 3rd, but who else is there that is actually available? Brassard also could benefit from a change of scenery and improve.

The guy is from the area so theres a solid chance at re-signing him, and he has never played on a good team. Its been Nash, him out of place as a 1C, and nothing else really.

Johansen would also be awesome. He was flashing potential last year, just hasnt seemed to improve that much this year. I saw him a lot in Portland, and theres some definite upside there. He will definentely cost more regardless of his performance so far due to draft pedigree alone.

I don't know whether he could change to wing, but he would be good there imo. Has good hands, can pass or score, and is a big body. I think he could be a solid 25-35 guy on the first or second line if he switched to wing.

Also, I wouldn't mind BM inquiring about Atkinson, though I know the CBJ fans have a huge man crush on him

Bishop plus a 1st 2013 I think would be a great trade ..Jackets will have a number 1 goalie and 4 1st rd picks this year

Ottawa gets depth at C and something they can build for the future

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Derrick Brassard would definitely be an interesting acquisition.. and if I'm not mistaken he just bought a house in Ottawa (Methot tweeted it) Could it be a sign?! :sarcasm:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Bishop plus a 1st 2013 I think would be a great trade ..Jackets will have a number 1 goalie and 4 1st rd picks this year

Ottawa gets depth at C and something they can build for the future

I wouldnt even trade our 1st for Brassard

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really don't think Murray is going to pull a trade anytime soon

Do we need another centre? Not really
Do we need wingers? Michalek should be back (one day) while Silf and Zbad are constantly improving so no
Do we need goaltenders? Hellz no (well one for Bingo would be nice)

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Derrick Brassard would definitely be an interesting acquisition.. and if I'm not mistaken he just bought a house in Ottawa (Methot tweeted it) Could it be a sign?! :sarcasm:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013

Do we need wingers? Michalek should be back (one day) while Silf and Zbad are constantly improving so no

Agree with 1st and 3rd point, however, sens need a legit 1st line winger to be able to call themselves a stanley cup challenger. I think the sens are 1 or 2 pieces away from a cup run.

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Brassard spent a lot of time in the area in past off-seasons. Pretty sure his family lives near by.

Brassard is from Hull. He comes back every off season. He did just buy a house 12 minutes from Methot, whom he is very good friends with and trains with in the off season.

They were using the house buying in more of a jest nature than evidence of him coming to Ottawa.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator

The Sens could sure use 1, if not 2, top-4 defenceman. They also need another top-6 forward, whether it is at centre or wing.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agree with 1st and 3rd point, however, sens need a legit 1st line winger to be able to call themselves a stanley cup challenger. I think the sens are 1 or 2 pieces away from a cup run.

The point was that next year Silf or Zib could maybe be considered top 6 players. If Michalek gets better then the top 6 is more than fine next year, especially if Michalek plays on the second line since I just don't think he's at his best with Spezza (not that he's bad with Spezza though)

The Sens could sure use 1, if not 2, top-4 defenceman. They also need another top-6 forward, whether it is at centre or wing.

I think we're fine on defense as long as Karlsson and Cowen are healthy: the callups have been pretty good, Weireiricohc has been REAL good

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Brassard would be great to get and if Bishop is the price it's a good one. Players also tend to excel when they are happy. Getting Brassard over here would be a boost not just for our team, but for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad