Kassian-Regin-Condra

Cowen-Gonchar
Methot-Streit
Phillips-Benoit/Weircioch/Gryba/Lundin

Andy
Lehner

amarite?:naughty:

WhiteLight*

Yo guys our best G, D and F are out. Let's give alllllllllllll our picks to make a run@1!!!!

:shakehead

Doesn't MATTER, only a CHANCE they become stars. Doesn't MATTER.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The building is done... we have so many prospects... where you going to play all this youth your stockpiling
Really there's no excuse that the following lineup can't compete in the playoffs:

Greening/Sepzza/Michalek
Lats/Turris/Alfie

Cowen/Gonchar
Methot/Phillips

Anderson

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Really there's no excuse that the following lineup can't compete in the playoffs:

Greening/Sepzza/Michalek
Lats/Turris/Alfie

Cowen/Gonchar
Methot/Phillips

Anderson

When we are going up against

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Malkin - Neal

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Seguin - Bergeron - Jagr

Nash - Richards - Kreider
Clowe - Stepan - Gaborik

We need to step up our game

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
:help:

it doesn't matter?

what?

You must play the lottery, honestly look at how many 2nd round picks haven't panned out and you dont wanna risk one for the slight chance that you might draft a Silfverberg or a Lehner? in that case lets trade spezza for a 6th and hope for an Alfie :help:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Sure, in a year when the Sens can actually win the Cup. Otherwise its a waste.
I don't think there's such a thing easily. Many teams peg themselves as contenders in a year but fail to even make the playoffs. Us being in a playoffs position should not be taken for granted.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
hyperbole, but you get the point. This isn't the year

This isn't the year, but with some assets it is the time. Some assets need to be move now - so you act (Bishop). And other assets may only be available now (Glencross). Time to make a move to help the team for the rest of the season and next year. Not a run at the cup sell the farm move, but a good move that makes sense. A Bishop for Glencross type of deal this year makes perfect sense.

The Fuhr*

Sure, in a year when the Sens can actually win the Cup. Otherwise its a waste.

We will see what happens... but I think BM sees the value like I do... he`s made moves in the past when the Sens were playoff bound for rentals.

Think we will see it again tomorrow

WhiteLight*

You must play the lottery, honestly look at how many 2nd round picks haven't panned out and you dont wanna risk one for the slight chance that you might draft a Silfverberg or a Lehner? in that case lets trade spezza for a 6th and hope for an Alfie :help:

The way the Sens are going there's much more than a slight chance that pick becomes a player.

No, I don't wanna take that chance just so the Bruins can beat the Sens in 6 instead of 5.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
There's no such thing as too many good prospects. Prospects are valuable currency that can be used to upgrade your roster a lot better than picks can, but you use it when the time is right or the right deal is to be had (ie Turris). Keep on drafting and developing young players.

WhiteLight*

This isn't the year, but with some assets it is the time. Some assets need to be move now - so you act (Bishop). And other assets may only be available now (Glencross). Time to make a move to help the team for the rest of the season and next year. Not a run at the cup sell the farm move, but a good move that makes sense. A Bishop for Glencross type of deal this year makes perfect sense.

I'm wholeheartedly against rentals.

If a trade like what you're describing is to be made, then I want the player being acquired to be young with potential or in his prime when the Sens are challenging.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
lineup against Buffalo on Friday:

Glencross-Turris-Alfie
Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Greening-Smith-Neil
Kassian-Regin-Condra

Cowen-Gonchar
Methot-Streit
Phillips-Benoit/Weircioch/Gryba/Lundin

Andy
Lehner

amarite?:naughty:

I think camalleri is most likely to be traded and I dont mind him too, he will cost less than glencross

Greening/Sepzza/Michalek
Lats/Turris/Alfie

Cowen/Gonchar
Methot/Phillips

Anderson

There's a problem with this, 4 of those guys are currently out, not including karlsson
and you have to include the 3rd pair which will most like be wier/benoit/lundin. If the other teams coach is smart enough they will make sure the top line goes against that and most teams can roll at least two lines if not all 4(damn bruins). we need another top 4 dman and drop phillips to 3rd pairing

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
The way the Sens are going there's much more than a slight chance that pick becomes a player.

No, I don't wanna take that chance just so the Bruins can beat the Sens in 6 instead of 5.

All I'm saying is Fuhr is saying (I think) to get these guys a little help if it comes cheap and you seem to be totally against that but have no problem trading Spezza, please explain your rationale behind that if you have the time.

WhiteLight*

All I'm saying is Fuhr is saying (I think) to get these guys a little help if it comes cheap and you seem to be totally against that but have no problem trading Spezza, please explain your rationale behind that if you have the time.

I would only move him for a good return. Just like any player not named Karlsson or Alfredsson.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I'm wholeheartedly against rentals.

If a trade like what you're describing is to be made, then I want the player being acquired to be young with potential or in his prime when the Sens are challenging.

Isn't Glencross locked up for a few years? That's not a rental, that's a roster addition.

Sens are challenging next year. And the year after that. No reason whatsoever we should expect anything less than what we're getting right now. We certainly shouldn't expect or accept anything less with our best players in the line-up.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
There is something like a 2% chance we don't make the playoffs.

We're on a long, tough road trip and we have a very depleted lineup. No one is saying we should "sell the farm" (hello, Mandy), but we sure as heck need some help to retain our spot and at least have a decent chance at winning a round or two, which would go a long way in helping all of the kids in the lineup get some valuable experience for next year.

We're not going to need a ton of picks for the draft either, considering the quality of our scouting team, and also the fact that we'll have Spezza, EK and Cowen back next season as well. I seriously don't get how people can't even see the value of trading for a 2nd line winger ala Pominville if it means having to part with a few picks. It helps us much more in the short AND long run to pull off such a move.

Not saying it's an easy move to pull off for Murray, but I would hope he realizes that the team can only do so much in the playoffs with what they have. And no, it's not a guarantee we make them despite what Vegas says.

WhiteLight*

Isn't Glencross locked up for a few years? That's not a rental, that's a roster addition.

Sens are challenging next year. And the year after that. No reason whatsoever we should expect anything less than what we're getting right now. We certainly shouldn't expect or accept anything less with our best players in the line-up.

Sure, and I'd give up a lot more for Glencross than I would for Roy or Jagr. Not disagreeing with you

Probably wouldn't give up as much as some of you for Glencross though. Dunno how long that guy can keep scoring like he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig