Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I like the idea of trading Bishop for Rundblad. He could be a replacement for Gonchar.

FORWARDS
??????? / Jason Spezza / Milan Michalek
Colin Greening / Kyle Turris / Daniel Alfredsson
Guillaume Latendresse / Mika Zibanejad ( / Jakob Silfverberg
Jim O'Brien / Zack Smith / Chris Neil
Matt Kassian
DEFENSEMEN
Jared Cowen / Erik Karlsson
Marc Methot / David Rundblad
Chris Phillips / Patrick Wiercioch
Eric Gryba
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson
Robin Lehner

The ????? is open to a lot of possibilities.
Re-sign both Alfy for one year and a couple years for Gui.
To me, that looks like a team that has potential to compete.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I like the idea of trading Bishop for Rundblad. He could be a replacement for Gonchar.

FORWARDS
??????? / Jason Spezza / Milan Michalek
Colin Greening / Kyle Turris / Daniel Alfredsson
Guillaume Latendresse / Mika Zibanejad ( / Jakob Silfverberg
Jim O'Brien / Zack Smith / Chris Neil
Matt Kassian
DEFENSEMEN
Jared Cowen / Erik Karlsson
Marc Methot / David Rundblad
Chris Phillips / Patrick Wiercioch
Eric Gryba
GOALTENDERS
Craig Anderson
Robin Lehner

The ????? is open to a lot of possibilities.
Re-sign both Alfy for one year and a couple years for Gui.
To me, that looks like a team that has potential to compete.

I still like Rundblad but he will never be as good as Gonch has been this year. Also, Bishop doesnt return him.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I still like Rundblad but he will never be as good as Gonch has been this year. Also, Bishop doesnt return him.

It might take a little more to get him. They seem high on Regin for some reason.

When I say he is a replacement, I meant ride side offensive D that can play on the PP.

I paired him with Methot to add vet leadership to the pairing. Add some defensive stability.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
There are too many goalies available out there for Bishop to bring the type of return we are probably hoping for. We can't afford to lose a roster player due to injuries, and every time we try to use prospects as bait other GMs specifically name Silf and Zbad. It will be tough going to get a meaningful trade done this time around.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Yep, once Miller became available along with murmurs of Kiprusoff also being available I realized that Bishop is looking a lot less valuable right now.

But if the Yotes are indeed high on Regin, I think it would be cool to try and get Rundblad back. He'd make a great young offensive replacement for Gonch. And I still believe Regin is more the odd man out here than he is a bust prospect.

Of course Murray would have to also arrange an "I'm sorry" gift basket for Rundblad :sarcasm:

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Wouldn't mind rundblad at all, put him in third pair and 2nd pp unit, his and wier stretch passes are dirty especially wiercoch
Bishop + regin for rundblad now
does JOB have a highher value than regin? maybe put him instead of regin in that deal

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm wondering how he'd slot up, but likely a pairing with Cowen could work since he's a lefty and Rundblad shoots right. Plus Cowen is probably the best guy to make up for Rund's defensive lapses.

edit: when Cowen returns next year, of course.

I doubt JOB would be rated higher than Regin, and he's pretty useful on our forecheck (when he's playing). I think Regin still has that future 2C projection in him, even if he doesn't have much chance to show it on our roster.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
rundblad back on the sens? yes please. i'd like to try to get a second or third out of phoenix as well. maybe throw in a prospect they value higher than regin? can't be someone too valuable.

edit: what happens to ceci if we get rundblad back?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
rundblad back on the sens? yes please. i'd like to try to get a second or third out of phoenix as well. maybe throw in a prospect they value higher than regin? can't be someone too valuable.

edit: what happens to ceci if we get rundblad back?

I'd easily throw someone more "spicy" in the mix. Regin was just keeping line with this:

It might take a little more to get him. They seem high on Regin for some reason.

If that's true, I don't think Regin + Bishop would be an unreasonable offer. We might even be able to get more back.

And if it happens, having Ceci just means we're sitting pretty, same as our goalie situation :yo:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Trevor VanRiemsdyk is available now that UNH is eliminated from the NCAA tourny. Really hoping we bring this lad in. Get a good ol sibling rivalry going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad