Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteLight*

I never said specifically we should have got Roy... I was using him as an example of value given for a good player.

Why can't we find a good winger for the equivalent price of what Roy went for?

Look at what Clowe got. He is awful. Someone who is actually good will get more than that. A legit top 2 line winger will return more than Roy. Dunno why Roy got such a low return, maybe GMJN vales that prospect a lot.

The Fuhr*

I wanna win the cup not lose in the first round.

So do I, but I see no harm picking up a good winger for the value of a 2nd + 4th

Strengthens our team right now... gives it a little more pop... if the player fits we have the cap space to make a contract offer...our youth gets to play playoff games, expirence that will help us win a cup one day.

I am not seeing any negatives... we have a loaded farm system as is

WhiteLight*

So do I, but I see no harm picking up a good winger for the value of a 2nd + 4th

Strengthens our team right now... gives it a little more pop... if the player fits we have the cap space to make a contract offer...our youth gets to play playoff games, expirence that will help us win a cup one day.

With that package you get a 3rd liner or someone with an awful contract. Either way do not want

The Fuhr*

Look at what Clowe got. He is awful. Someone who is actually good will get more than that. A legit top 2 line winger will return more than Roy. Dunno why Roy got such a low return, maybe GMJN vales that prospect a lot.

If the price is to high I'm not advocating making a deal... but if there is a good winger that can be had for a 2nd+4th (equivalent value to Roy) thenit's something the Sens should do.

BM does pick up rentals... I have seen him do it, so don't be surprised tomorrow if that ends up happening.

The Fuhr*

With that package you get a 3rd liner or someone with an awful contract. Either way do not want

Derek Roy basically went for what I'm saying... he's no third liner
Jagr went for two no name prospects and a 2nd
Iginla went for two no name prospects and a 1st

We don't need to go for a homerun... if Murray wants to find something at a reasonable price he can

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I dont wanna trade a chance for a Lehner/Silfverberg for 20ish games from a rental.

Sens dont need a rental to make the playoffs and a rental isn't gonna help win the sens a cup when Karlsson will not be playing and Spezza might not even play in the first round.

Trading for a rental would be like throwing money into a wishing fountain

WhiteLight*

Derek Roy basically went for what I'm saying... he's no third liner
Jagr went for two no name prospects and a 2nd
Iginla went for two no name prospects and a 1st

We don't need to go for a homerun... if Murray wants to find something at a reasonable price he can

forgot about Jagr..

No trading 1st rounders plz

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The Sens are building through the draft. Its hard to do that when you dont have many picks.

The Fuhr*

Sure, but if we're going to use next year's 2nd on a rental, why not next year when we really have a shot with Spezza/EK/everyone else healthy.

Next year we can probably move established prospect on the verge of breaking in for something better... the Sens have so much talent coming through... some of it is going to have to be moved because there just is not enough roster spots to go around.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
The Sens are building through the draft. Its hard to do that when you dont have many picks.

Playoffs = more money for pay roll
playoffs = recognition from free agents

We are going to make a push in the next year or so.

a 2nd in 2014 is not likely to help us in that run.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

If we could get a decent winger for that it would be great. We even need to get rid of contracts.

The Fuhr*

The building is done... we have so many prospects... where you going to play all this youth your stockpiling

You move expendable assets to help the present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad