Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Bishop for a first from a bubble playoff team would be an amazing return, especially if that team fails to make the playoffs.

after the j-bo and jagr deals, i think it's clear that teams are being really tight with 1sts. Only iggy has gotten a guaranteed 1st, and that's from a team that is the stanley cup favorite.

A bubble team would almost certainly playoff-protect their first rounder in a bishop deal.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Not directly from McKenzie but there's a link to a video...

SensChirp ‏@SensChirp 30m
According to @TSNBobMcKenzie #Sens are receiving offers on Ben Bishop including potentially a 1st rd pick. #NHL http://goo.gl/fqh7w

edit: Benny wins.

Getting a 1st rounder would be incredible return! :handclap:

Then we package both mid -late 1sts, move up into the top 10, and grab Monahan.

:naughty:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That was before Bobrovsky went into beast mode.

Nothing wrong with a little competition in the crease, has worked wonders for us this season.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out Jarmo is deep in the hunt for Bishop.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Bishop could get at best a conditional first and that's stretching it. Ideally we package Bishop and a top 10 prospect player to get a roster player who might qualify as a top 6 winger. We have a bunch of forward prospects, and lets be honest, we cant graduate them all, so using one as trade bait is a good idea.

I just dont want to be that guy that names' names because they all have great upsides.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
They'll probably want to manage how many games Bob plays. Having a quality guy like Bishop getting 1/3 or even 1/2 the starts is fantastic goal depth to have.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bishop could get at best a conditional first and that's stretching it.

Anders Lindback returned two seconds and a third.

Bishop has proven more in his short NHL career than him, what exactly makes a mid-late 1st so much better than 2nd + 2nd + 3rd?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I wonder if there's any way we can work out a package for Keith Yandle...

Anders Lindback returned two seconds and a third.

Bishop has proven more in his short NHL career than him, what exactly makes a mid-late 1st so much better than 2nd + 2nd + 3rd?

The fact that the 2013 draft is WAY BETTER than the 2012 draft?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I was just reading that Linus Omark is still available from EDM, and that he could return to the NHL by playoff time. He's the leading scorer in the Swiss league right now. Someone alert Murray for me.

That kid has skill, creativity, a bit of a meanstreak, and most importantly, Swedish blood. And he's named Linus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad