Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Every team that makes the playoffs are contenders to win it all I think. You never know, that's why they play the games & not just hand the cup to the team that got the most big name players at the deadline. No team that meets the Penquins are going to give up before they play them, they will play to win. The probability may be low, but so was Montreal's when Dryden & Roy took them all the way. There are many examples in sports of powerhouse teams losing to cinderella teams. Never give up & never quit should be the motto of every playoff team.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Crazy idea... let's add pieces and then keep them.

Fact: Chris Kelly is better than Shane Prince.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Every team that makes the playoffs are contenders to win it all I think. You never know, that's why they play the games & not just hand the cup to the team that got the most big name players at the deadline. No team that meets the Penquins are going to give up before they play them, they will play to win. The probability may be low, but so was Montreal's when Dryden & Roy took them all the way. There are many examples in sports of powerhouse teams losing to cinderella teams. Never give up & never quit should be the motto of every playoff team.

Agreed.

And who's to say that with a Pominville on the wing and Cowen, Michalek and Andy back we don't suddenly become a real contender?

It really doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Derek Roy basically went for what I'm saying... he's no third liner
Jagr went for two no name prospects and a 2nd
Iginla went for two no name prospects and a 1st

We don't need to go for a homerun... if Murray wants to find something at a reasonable price he can

We weren't on Iggy's list, no chance at getting him
No need to give up a 1st + prospects for a 41 year old either

Trading assets for Roy isn't smart, if he wants to be a Senator he can do it on July 1st and cost us nothing but money. I agree picks and prospects are overrated and we should be moving them to go for the cup, but this isn't the year to do it. All our top guys are out, and the price of some of these deadline acquisitions is unbelievable.

If you look at what decent pieces are going for, it just isn't worth it. A soon-to-be UFA with 0 goals in 28 games just returned two seconds and a third, a struggling defensive defenseman returned a 2nd + 3rd, and a washed up veteran returned a top prospect. Acquiring a decent piece this year costs twice as much as it would in a normal year.

Hope Murray makes it a boring trade deadline, besides maybe a Bishop trade and waiver wire pickup.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
We will make a trade tomorrow that will help this team now and the long-run.

i ****in hope so we've been pretty ****ed all year for scoring. we almost had a record for most 1 goal games back to back and that was due to

1)amazing goalie play

2) lack of scoring

i would not count this team out but if we could add a good player now for futures we will have a great team to make a legit run next year.

We really need someone with a nack for scoring.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Yeah, but he'd cost us some of the picks you seem to think are too valuable to give up at any cost.

Your misreading everything im saying.

Im saying why trade for a rental when the Sens have no chance at the cup this year without Karlsson and maybe Spezza. Seems like a waste to give up futures for 20 games of a player.

Next year im all for rentals because with a healthy team the Sens are contenders.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I find it funny how many B level prospects are being dealt along with picks. The return of most of these deals seems to be way below what so many here have said these players are worth. It seems to me that maybe we could deal Regin, Condra, Bishop, Da Costa & Benoit for something decent. Not sure if Murray will deal anyone off his roster with the exception of Bishop though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
i ****in hope so we've been pretty ****ed all year for scoring. we almost had a record for most 1 goal games back to back and that was due to

1)amazing goalie play

2) lack of scoring

i would not count this team out but if we could add a good player now for futures we will have a great team to make a legit run next year.

We really need someone with a nack for scoring.

Forget next year.

Adding Spezza, Cowen, Michalek, Anderson and potentially a possible Pomnville/Glencross

With a hot goalie, we can win the East.

Michalek-Spezza-Silfverberg
Glencross-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Zibanejad-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Neil

Methot-Gonchar
Cowen-Wiercioch
Phillips-Gryba

Anderson

If we had Karlsson back, I'd expect us to challenge for the cup this year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The guy has an unsustainable shooting percentage.

But wouldn't be awesome to acquire a player who actually finishes on chances.

Would have been money in a game like tonight, need more finishers to make up for the unlucky bounces we receive in some games.

Crazy idea... let's add pieces and then keep them.

Fact: Chris Kelly is better than Shane Prince.

He's better for now, but Prince could be a good player down the road.

If there's a team in the NHL that should be holding onto their draft picks it's the Sens. We've been money with our picks since Murray has been GM, can count on one hand the number of players that have conclusively busted since he's taken over.

No point in wasting assets to acquire players like Roy who can be had on July 1st for free. Not the year to go for a run.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I find it funny how many B level prospects are being dealt along with picks. The return of most of these deals seems to be way below what so many here have said these players are worth. It seems to me that maybe we could deal Regin, Condra, Bishop, Da Costa & Benoit for something decent. Not sure if Murray will deal anyone off his roster with the exception of Bishop though.

If I'm GM I'm including DaCosta in every package. DaCosta is a good player who could help a lot of teams given the opportunity - he just doesn't fit into our plans. I think a rebuilding Calgary could for sure use him.

No way we should offer Condra, though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Glencross is more than just another great complementary offensive guy. He plays a heart and soul 200 foot game. He plays in all situation and is very gritty. The perfect playoff performer.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
But wouldn't be awesome to acquire a player who actually finishes on chances.

Would have been money in a game like tonight, need more finishers to make up for the unlucky bounces we receive in some games.

It would be. Im all for getting Glencross.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I'd rather get a roster player. Maybe it's just me, but I don't want picks anymore.

Obviously you take the best deal you get, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad