Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part III - 11/11 Yakupov willing to be moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The Penguins puck movement last night was mouth watering. I was at the game and they looked super fast moving the puck in the Rangers zone. We need more speed and better puck possession players

What game were you watching? Out side of Milbury being a cheerleader for the Pens powerplay and swaying people in that direction, I though we thoroughly outplayed the pens in every aspect of the game, especially puck possession.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Because they can't develop players to fill that role. I agree it needs to be addressed internally, but they can't seem to do it.

They managed to find a relatively cheap, up and coming player in Prust. They should be trying to find those guys if they cant develop them - not a retread like Tootoo

Vidic15*

What game were you watching? Out side of Milbury being a cheerleader for the Pens powerplay and swaying people in that direction, I though we thoroughly outplayed the pens in every aspect of the game, especially puck possession.

Early first period when we weathered the storm. They were obviously deflated after the two goals

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Early first period when we weathered the storm. They were obviously deflated after the two goals

What about that puck possession vs Carolina? Pittsburgh is a damn good team. Of course there will be times when they take over a game.

Ideally you want to out play every other team for a full 60 minutes. In reality, every other team is a pro hockey team and will carry the momentum from time to time regardless of how well the Rangers are playing.

You are attempting to make a significant point from an insignificant one.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I could live with MDZ for 50% Hemsky and a 1st like RB said. I just have to wonder why Edmonton would do that :laugh:

MDZ stretch passes to Hall Eberle and Yakupov, though. Man, he could be like 60 points -40 player.

Scott Howson has a thing for DZ. He has always liked him. I'm surprised Howson wasn't in NY along with the rest of the brain trust. Edmonton doesn't want to move any of their young roster players. Same thing with their top prospects. If they want Del Zotto,they should be prepared to give some asset with value up. Sather isn't giving up Del Zotto for a rental or for some spare parts. What is Edmonton's best asset besides their roster players and top prospects like Nurse and Klefbom? The pick. Edmonton doesn't need another top pick. Edmonton gets a 23/24 year old D to go along with Schultz. They have Klefbom and Nurse waiting in the wings.

KreiMeARiver*

The only player bounced around in here that I would be remotely happy with is Wayne Simmonds. Hemsky? Really? The guy is just another over-payed, injury prone, inconsistent waste of super talent. No, of course Simmonds doesn't bring scoring which we lack, but he'll open things up for whoever he plays on a line with. That would provide a spark for sure in my opinion.

I'd love Simmonds on this team. LOVE

and he totally brings offense if you stick him on a line with say...Brassard.

Make it happen, Slats..

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Brett Cyrgalis of the Post

It’s looking like enigmatic 20-year-old forward J.T. Miller might be bound for AHL Hartford sooner rather than later.

With a make-or-break game on Wednesday, he got just seven shifts through the first two periods. He added some shifts in third-period garbage time when the Rangers already had the game in hand, and finished with 8:43.

“I take every game as if it’s my last,†Miller said Wednesday morning. “You have to be consistent to stay here.â€

http://nypost.com/2013/11/06/vigneault-rangers-dont-need-to-trade-for-offense/

Enigmatic?

Miller should be in the AHL playing on the top line and top minutes at center.

Vidic15*

What about that puck possession vs Carolina? Pittsburgh is a damn good team. Of course there will be times when they take over a game.

Ideally you want to out play every other team for a full 60 minutes. In reality, every other team is a pro hockey team and will carry the momentum from time to time regardless of how well the Rangers are playing.

You are attempting to make a significant point from an insignificant one.

Actually, I'm thinking about the Ducks game. We hung in there with them but we just couldn't get that second goal to tie it up. More effective puck possession would have helped. Pittsburgh, on their game, ping pongs the puck around the zone like no other team. If we were to move the puck around like that maybe we wouldn't make guys like Andersson on the Ducks look like Lundqvist

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
He isn't Russian, how can he be enigmatic? Tsk, tsk...

Joking aside, I can sort of see what he means. Miller right now at the NHL level is a player who has some stand out moments but does most of the little things wrong and as a result the Rangers have been spending most of the time on their heels with him on the ice. That makes for an "enigmatic" player, flashes of talent between large stretches of subpar play. Kreider was pretty enigmatic before his current stretch of games.

I think a demotion will do him good. Kreider figured something out in the AHL, let's hope Miller will do the same.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To me, Miller's situation right now is very similar to Kreider's last season.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana

In that they both needed more time on the AHL. Outside if that not really, Miller is more engaged and has probably played better all around than Kreider did last year. Miller is making poor decisions with the puck, he's decent away from it. He tried to dangle instead of make a play two or three times last night. He wants the puck and wants to score top get himself going, but should probably just sick to the basics and let it come. I like how writers have been throwing his name around like he's trade fodder. For Yakupov maybe, but he's worth keeping. Kid could be very good for us in the future.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In that they both needed more time on the AHL. Outside if that not really, Miller is more engaged and has probably played better all around than Kreider did last year. Miller is making poor decisions with the puck, he's decent away from it. He tried to dangle instead of make a play two or three times last night. He wants the puck and wants to score top get himself going, but should probably just sick to the basics and let it come. I like how writers have been throwing his name around like he's trade fodder. For Yakupov maybe, but he's worth keeping. Kid could be very good for us in the future.

More along the lines of they both need time to find their games at the NHL level. Kreider is finally playing loose and unafraid to make mistakes which incur Torts' wrath. Miller does not want to be yo-yo'ed so it really feels like he is trying too hard to justify being on the NHL roster instead of being simple and playing his game, which while it needs refinement, is probably too good for Hartford. He is probably frustrated he is behind guys like Pyatt and possibly Mashinter on the depth chart (not that I blame him), but I really believe in JT Miller. I just think he needs to find himself a bit.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Sort of. The biggest difference is I think the organization was counting on Kreider to play top six minutes and carry some of the offensive load.

I don't know what role they really envision for Miller right now or what they are counting on him for.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If you did end up flipping MDZ for Hemsky and their 1st rounder, you could probably then flip our own 1st round pick to bolster another position.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If you did end up flipping MDZ for Hemsky and their 1st rounder, you could probably then flip our own 1st round pick to bolster another position.
I highly doubt Edmonton's going to give up their first rounder this season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Amazing. You can't even look at the positive. Your excuse is that they got deflated? Really? Or maybe we started playing better, that's impossible! :shakehead

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

They're going to have to give up something if they want to acquire a top-4 defender they can build around. With their top young players supposedly off the table, that leaves very little outside of that pick.

They were supposed to make noise this year. Another year of tanking is going to be a tough sell.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
They're going to have to give up something if they want to acquire a top-4 defender they can build around. With their top young players supposedly off the table, that leaves very little outside of that pick.

They were supposed to make noise this year. Another year of tanking is going to be a tough sell.

I agree, maybe it is available...

Would be a highly valuable asset

I would just hold onto it and draft (2) players. They missed out on the higher part of last years draft.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I would just hold onto it and draft (2) players. They missed out on the higher part of last years draft.

Eh, I think you'd have better luck dealing the, what should be, lower pick in exchange for a good young player and adding a top-end talent to what is already a very deep pool of prospects.

I dunno. It's all hypothetical. Ironically the piece from Edmonton I think would be the best fit is the guy I was pining for last season and who they just acquired over the summer from St. Louis. David Perron. Righty shot who prefers the off-wing. Speed, skill, has some agitating qualities, and is signed to a pretty cap-friendly deal.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
I think miller more than anyone else absolutely needs time in the ahl playing big minutes in important situations. He's got the skills and the hockey sense just needs to refine them and get some more experience, in the end I think he'll be a solid player.

Also I would seriously consider 50% Hemsky and their first for dz

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I think miller more than anyone else absolutely needs time in the ahl playing big minutes in important situations. He's got the skills and the hockey sense just needs to refine them and get some more experience, in the end I think he'll be a solid player.
I agree. They need to kep him down there for a few months at least

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I would move MDZ for Hemsky and their first this year. Would be guaranteed a top three pick pretty much and they could move their own first to improve another position.

Ekbad is a RD correct?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Miller should have been in the AHL all year.

People forget he is only 20. If he were drafted from the OHL he would have been there last year racking up gaudy numbers. Just getting his feet wet in the AHL by now.

Patience.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Edm 1st would be a jackpot for us. Top five pick would really help this franchise. Losing Cherepanov has hurt us more than people probably thought it would. Rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad