Speculation: Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part III - 11/11 Yakupov willing to be moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
How are we getting hemsky AND their first? I'd do del zotto straight up for their first.. We're talking about a top 5 pick

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Eh, I think you'd have better luck dealing the, what should be, lower pick in exchange for a good young player and adding a top-end talent to what is already a very deep pool of prospects.

In the unlikely event that we can pry edmonton's 1st out of them, I would hold onto our pick until the draft and leave ourselves the option of trading it for a player, trading it to move up, or using it.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How are we getting hemsky AND their first? I'd do del zotto straight up for their first.. We're talking about a top 5 pick

Which may or may not end up being better than MDZ. And even if that player proves to be better, it may be several years down the line.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
At what point does a player become what he produces.

The Hemsky that was .75 or better points per game is LONG gone.

If we are parting with assets for offensive help then lets get actual HELP.

If we are trading anything better than a 3rd rounder with the Oilers picking up his contract (max allowed under the CBA) then I don't want him.

A passer that is reluctant to shoot? We have more of them than I'd like. We need guys that think shoot first.

really have no use for Hemsky.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Edm 1st would be a jackpot for us. Top five pick would really help this franchise. Losing Cherepanov has hurt us more than people probably thought it would. Rip.

At this point it's hard to say. Would we have signed Gaborik and traded for Nash if Cherepanov had become a stud the year or two after we drafted him? Everything changes everything...and 6 years is a long time.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
At this point it's hard to say. Would we have signed Gaborik and traded for Nash if Cherepanov had become a stud the year or two after we drafted him? Everything changes everything...and 6 years is a long time.

If we didn't trade for Nash, we would still have Erixon, Dubi and AA but who knows what else would have changed...

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Edm 1st would be a jackpot for us. Top five pick would really help this franchise. Losing Cherepanov has hurt us more than people probably thought it would. Rip.

Should I start with, in death, Cherepanov's potential NHL career has taken on almost mythic proportions?

Or, should I go with the likelihood that Cherepanov would've likely never played NHL hockey had he lived due to his condition?

This roster has been problematic for years. Cherepanov's tragic and untimely passing is reason #284 when it comes to the top reasons why.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
At what point does a player become what he produces.

The Hemsky that was .75 or better points per game is LONG gone.

If we are parting with assets for offensive help then lets get actual HELP.

If we are trading anything better than a 3rd rounder with the Oilers picking up his contract (max allowed under the CBA) then I don't want him.

A passer that is reluctant to shoot? We have more of them than I'd like. We need guys that think shoot first.

really have no use for Hemsky.

I agree 100%. While Hemsky would help somewhat the asset that would be traded could be used to get something better.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Can a team retain a cap hit?

I also have zero idea why Edmonton would pay a team to take Hemsky - they're not exactly flush with cash.
Yes.

They were willing to eat a bunch of Hemsky's contract before the season started, reportedly, but couldn't get a deal they wanted.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Should I start with, in death, Cherepanov's potential NHL career has taken on almost mythic proportions?

Or, should I go with the likelihood that Cherepanov would've likely never played NHL hockey had he lived due to his condition?

This roster has been problematic for years. Cherepanov's tragic and untimely passing is reason #284 when it comes to the top reasons why.

I don't think they've ever recovered from Stefan Cherneski blowing his knee out.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Which may or may not end up being better than MDZ. And even if that player proves to be better, it may be several years down the line.

If the Oilers pick was in the top three and the Rangers selected Ekblad, I think there would be a very good chance that he would be much better then MDZ and a good chance at playing in the NHL next season.

Punxrocknyc19*

I don't think they've ever recovered from Stefan Cherneski blowing his knee out.

is he really 34 years old. i still remember when he got sent down over Brent Fedyk of all bums. i wonder how Cherneski would have done in the Rangers organization as an NHL player.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If the Oilers pick was in the top three and the Rangers selected Ekblad, I think there would be a very good chance that he would be much better then MDZ and a good chance at playing in the NHL next season.

It'd take a couple of years before a prized prospects NHL value surpasses MDZ's current value. Don't know why the Rangers would make that deal unless they're committing to a rebuild (LOL).

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
id rather draft reinhart, but u cant give up del zotto for a 1st and hope edmonton ends up drafting 1st or 2nd overall.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It'd take a couple of years before a prized prospects NHL value surpasses MDZ's current value. Don't know why the Rangers would make that deal unless they're committing to a rebuild (LOL).

I don't know. I think he could have an impact within the first couple of years. If the Rangers were able to retain Girardi we could be looking at:

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman/McI
Moore - Ekblad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad